Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Jul 16, 2009 at 3:51 AM Post #4,126 of 24,663
Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscHead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Children Of Men - WOW! This is one intense movie from the opening scene to a relentless last 30 minutes or so, filmed in a way that makes it seem as though you are there holding the camera - 9.5/10

I need to watch that again. I really enjoyed it the first time but I still think I could get more out of that film.

Jul 16, 2009 at 4:13 AM Post #4,127 of 24,663
The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou: Intriguing. An odd film but there is certainly more than meets the eye. I loved it.

Jul 16, 2009 at 4:42 AM Post #4,128 of 24,663
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou: Intriguing. An odd film but there is certainly more than meets the eye. I loved it.

I love that film!! Haven't seen it in a while but it get's a 9.5/10 from me.

life-aquatic-with-steve-zissou-7.jpg

Jul 16, 2009 at 4:55 AM Post #4,129 of 24,663
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calexico /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I need to watch that again. I really enjoyed it the first time but I still think I could get more out of that film.

I got it on HD DVD...brings it to a whole new level
normal_smile .gif

Jul 16, 2009 at 5:01 AM Post #4,130 of 24,663
Merlin's Apprentice ... 4/10.
I know, I'm a bit late to the party on this one but meh. I gave it a 4 because I like Sam Neill and think he makes a good Merlin but this movie really just sorta ruins the whole Arthurian feeling. Meghan Ory did a damn good job too!

Jul 16, 2009 at 5:06 AM Post #4,131 of 24,663
Elephant Walk - 7.5/10.

I recommend this mainly for the beautiful Liz Taylor and the on location shots of Ceylon

Jul 16, 2009 at 4:31 PM Post #4,133 of 24,663
Just note that I have never read any of the books
wink.gif
But I just came from the screening and thought it was a very solid film. It now replaces Azkaban as my favorite Harry Potter movie.

- Just the right doses of action, drama, romance, suspense and comedy scattered throughout the film. Technically and artistically, nothing was overkill and the story was well-told and well-paced.

- Most of the kid actors (aside from Emma) can't act well even if their life depended on it though (especially the one playing Draco). But the rest of the cast was pretty much ace... especially Jim Broadbent as Horace Slughorn and of course Alan Rickman as Severus Snape.

- OMG Emma Watson @ Slughorn's party was breathtaking.
tongue.gif

A solid 8/10

Jul 18, 2009 at 1:37 AM Post #4,139 of 24,663
Quote:

Originally Posted by oqvist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I remember an awesome scene taken in one cut in that movie that olds on for I don´t know how long

I know which scene you speak of, and yes, it's is gosh darn fantastic, among many gosh darn fantastic scenes. Video games have taken some deserved shots where the movies are concerned but may I offer that CoM benefited from the example of Half Life? The whole affair reminded me of City 17, right down to the camerawork.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back