Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Jun 20, 2009 at 10:26 PM Post #3,961 of 24,656
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK guys, get ready for the king of all bloody murder movies of all time. I have seen zombie movies where people eat people and bodies get ripped in half but they are so surreal. "Inside" by Dimension "EXTREME" films not only gets best gore-fest but tells a decent story as well. It is French subtitled and (((not rated))). I wont tell you about the plot but if you like blood you will love this flick. OMG, I have always loved violent movies but I actually turned my head a few times,,,!!!

Borderline Squeamish? Don't even try it!

i presume this is inside AKA À l'intérieur

man my threshold must be high, this movie didnt touch my gore buttons, still looking for something that will, and thats not me being macho and pretending that it wasnt bad, it was to a degree, but i yearn for a movie that will have me wanting to look away....and i have just gone through months of a pretty morbid playlist, most foreign film, most likely containing all the 'worsts' you can name....oh well
frown.gif

Jun 20, 2009 at 10:35 PM Post #3,962 of 24,656
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

man my threshold must be high, this movie didnt touch my gore buttons, still looking for something that will, and thats not me being macho and pretending that it wasnt bad, it was to a degree, but i yearn for a movie that will have me wanting to look away....and i have just gone through months of a pretty morbid playlist, most foreign film, most likely containing all the 'worsts' you can name....oh well
frown.gif

Faces of Death - The movie that was banned in 40+ countries now in HD

If this doesnt do it for you then maybe you need to go see a shrink.
icon10.gif

Jun 20, 2009 at 10:43 PM Post #3,963 of 24,656
if this is the the same series of tapes with the soldier getting shot in the jaw as he climbs a telegraph pole then this is the culprit of my 'condition' - this was doing the rounds at high school and is probably single handedly responsible for permanantly desensitising me
angry_face.gif

this is so old hat
very_evil_smiley.gif

*....gets shrinks card out again*

Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Faces of Death - The movie that was banned in 40+ countries now in HD

If this doesnt do it for you then maybe you need to go see a shrink.
icon10.gif

Jun 21, 2009 at 12:54 AM Post #3,965 of 24,656
I just watched In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale. I decided to watch it based solely on the DVD package, and had a feeling it would probably be craptastic, but I like medieval settings so I was willing to give it a try.

Jason Statham is on the cover, who I loved in Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, but recent stuff like Transporter I haven't been too crazy about. The movie was pretty cheesy, especially the soundtrack, the acting and the character interactions, but I went along for the ride. It really wasn't too bad. Felt a little bit like watching Xena: Warrior Princess or Hercules on TV with a higher budget. Overall I'd give it a 5/10, a nice diversion but nothing I'd watch again.

Jun 21, 2009 at 5:28 AM Post #3,966 of 24,656
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

frown.gif

wow
confused_face.gif

Jun 21, 2009 at 5:34 AM Post #3,967 of 24,656
"Lust Caution" - kind of similar to Army of Shadows, in that the resistance is not romanticized but shown to be a bunch of amateurs, while the bad guys have at least competence. odd juxtaposition with the softcore affairs, but ultimately worth watching.

Jun 21, 2009 at 5:37 AM Post #3,968 of 24,656
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Terminator Salvation: 5/10.

I'll go 3/10. It received my full good graces. After all, Terminator movies have never been cerebral exercises. However, the third act was so lazy, I couldn't forgive it any more. The highlight would be the middle action set piece. I thought the giant terminator was cool and offered the sense of dread I was hoping for more of.

Jun 21, 2009 at 3:18 PM Post #3,969 of 24,656
"X-Files: I Want To Believe" [2.0/10]: I really wanted to believe but I just couldn't make that leap. I have been an X-Files fan (not a fanatic by any means...) from the beginning. I believe that I saw every episode of the television series and I enjoyed the first feature-length film. However, this film was a major disappointment. Instead of recapping the basic plot line of the franchise and furthering it, this film all but completely ignored it! I am so glad that I waited to see it on HBO. I would have been more disappointed if I had paid to see it in the theater. Very disappointing...I doubt that we'll be seeing anything else of the X-Files...too bad!
deadhorse.gif
mad.gif
confused_face.gif
frown.gif

Jun 21, 2009 at 6:29 PM Post #3,971 of 24,656
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"X-Files: I Want To Believe" [2.0/10]: I really wanted to believe but I just couldn't make that leap. I have been an X-Files fan (not a fanatic by any means...) from the beginning. I believe that I saw every episode of the television series and I enjoyed the first feature-length film. However, this film was a major disappointment. Instead of recapping the basic plot line of the franchise and furthering it, this film all but completely ignored it! I am so glad that I waited to see it on HBO. I would have been more disappointed if I had paid to see it in the theater. Very disappointing...I doubt that we'll be seeing anything else of the X-Files...too bad!
deadhorse.gif
mad.gif
confused_face.gif
frown.gif

Yeah, I agree. This movie may have killed the franchise. I'd give it 1/10 only because Scully's hot!

Jun 22, 2009 at 1:45 AM Post #3,974 of 24,656
7.5/10

"The Sky Crawlers", from Japanese anime director Mamoru Oshii (Ghost in the Shell).
A little drawn out plot building drama but excellent aerial dogfight sequences and anime was great but not to the point of the 'Ghost in the Shell' series. Enjoyable nonetheless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back