Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Mar 10, 2009 at 6:25 PM Post #3,107 of 24,667
Quote:

Originally Posted by jilgiljongiljing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
8/10 for Yesman????? Man I gave it like a 3/10 or something. It was cliched at every level and just plain boring, Jim Carrey has just lost it.

I know it is not as good as other Jim Carrey's movie but I LOLed alot
biggrin.gif
, I think the storyline is too ordinary and just ok as well
redface.gif

Mar 10, 2009 at 8:14 PM Post #3,108 of 24,667
Watchmen 7/10 - The film followed the graphic novel surprisingly well (while there were obvious omissions for the sake of time). There were great sound effects and fight scenes, while the CGI was fairly unobtrusive. The main failing of the movie was the awkward overlay of the soundtrack, far too heavy handed imho.

Mar 10, 2009 at 10:28 PM Post #3,109 of 24,667
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiGHFLYiN9 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Watchmen 7/10 - The film followed the graphic novel surprisingly well (while there were obvious omissions for the sake of time). There were great sound effects and fight scenes, while the CGI was fairly unobtrusive. The main failing of the movie was the awkward overlay of the soundtrack, far too heavy handed imho.

i agree about the soundtrack. just didnt seem to fit..

Mar 11, 2009 at 5:58 AM Post #3,111 of 24,667
Just saw Slumdog Millionaire for the 2nd time and I think I liked it better than the first. Great plot, not incredibly predictable, I felt the ending could have easily gone a couple different directions and it kept me guessing.

9/10

Mar 11, 2009 at 1:06 PM Post #3,115 of 24,667
Watchmen - 9 of 10

I really liked this movie. I went in knowing nothing about the graphic novel so I had no expectations from it, although I did have negative expectations based upon all of the presses mixed reviews.

The plot was intricate so some might find it difficult to follow. Most of the characters were filled with moral ambiguity which I find much more realistic. Hell even the ending was ambiguous. The outcome was one that we all want and yet how it was achieved was reprehensible. As for the soundtrack; I thought that its use to merge our reality with that of the films was brilliantly done.

Not a kids movie, and don't go in looking for a feel good film, but I thought it was exceptional.

Mar 11, 2009 at 11:39 PM Post #3,118 of 24,667
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiGHFLYiN9 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Watchmen 7/10

Just watched it last night. I agree 100%. I understand they wanted to put a soundtrack that would go with the 80's theme, but it was distracting at best. I was looking for some music references toward the comic book to make me feel better about the soundtrack, but failed to do so. The difference in tone of the soundtrack brought too much attention to itself and away from the story. That and Malin Akerman's horrible acting... she was nice eye candy though.

Mar 11, 2009 at 11:46 PM Post #3,119 of 24,667
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Twilight (2008) - 8.8/10
You can say all you want but I absolutely loved this film.
smily_headphones1.gif

wow, nice, a four minute short? still, at least your opinion is rock steady!

i must see this sometime, i like vampire films

Mar 12, 2009 at 2:09 AM Post #3,120 of 24,667
Quote:

Originally Posted by Suntory_Times /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One can't say Paul Anderson failed on this one though, it's exactly what he was trying to make and what the advertising promised. It delivered exactly that. (and it's ahrd for me to say that considering what he did to AVP).

That's a good way of putting it. A 6/10 is an enjoyable movie on my scale. When I rented the movie, all I was expecting was something entertaining and it delivered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back