Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Oct 10, 2018 at 5:35 AM Post #21,976 of 24,651
Pretty good old classic from 1955 with a good cast.

Directed by John Sturges (director of "The Great Escape") and starring Spency Tracy, Lee Marvin and Ernest Borgnine.
Also Robert Ryan from The Longest Day etc.

PS also watching "Ozark" season 1. Started out being very good, but now it's like they ran out of ideas. I barely make it through each episode. Only on Episode 6!
So far about a 6/10. Maybe higher if I can finish the season!
Some of the humor is sick and not funny at all. Too much sex/nudity too :beyersmile:

Only good series on Netflix so far i've seen is "Narcos".

I agree. While the first season Ozark was great - fresh and surprising, so the second bored me enough that I did not look it to the end ... and I do not regret it.
But Narcos is sensational! Both seasons.

Oct 10, 2018 at 6:57 AM Post #21,977 of 24,651
7.5-10

Oct 11, 2018 at 12:36 AM Post #21,978 of 24,651
Skyscraper - 6/10

Not worth a ticket at the theater for. Just barely worth a Redbox rental.
I must be a cheapskate, but lately i'm refusing to pay $11.50 for a movie ticket at the theater!
Six months ago they were "only" $9.00.
They raised the prices when they got new leather reclining seats.
Now they hurt your back and it feels like you are sitting on LAVA.
20 minutes away they actually still have a $3.50 theater.
I actually live next door to an IMAX theater. Just a 5 minute walk away.
That's probably why I saw "Interstellar" 15 times there.

BTW i've heard they had BEDS inside some theaters in asia.
Think i'll pass on those. Might fall asleep and get kicked out for snoring.

Also, it's cool to see a movie filmed in Hong Kong.
Back around 2000 I was a huge fan of Hong Kong movies.
I used to rent 8 or so per week from a Netlflix like DVD rental store (by mail) called Webjade.
I remember when I visited HK I sent back maybe 100 DVDs. All originals.
One that made me love them was "Chungking Express" by Wong Kar-Wai.
Of course all the action films too, but I was more into Drama.

Silverado - 8/10

Lawrence Kasdan used to be one of my favorite directors. Don't think he's made a movie in awhile.
This is a western from the 80s that's pretty good. It's actually part comedy too with a lot of good actors.
There's Kevin Costner, Kevin Kline, Scott Glen, Danny Glover, Jeff Goldblum, John Cleese, Richard Jenkins etc etc.
Only negative is the pacing. It kind of drags a bit during the middle and could have been cut a little maybe.

Another good western is "Open Range" directed by Kevin Costner. I usually dislike westerns, especially those with John Wayne.

Oct 11, 2018 at 4:55 AM Post #21,980 of 24,651
Bound (1996)- 10/10

Engaging storyline, great twists though the movie itself is never trying to be indecipherable. The three main actors play off of each other well, stacked suspense and clean neo-noir style. Watchowksi siblings first movie!

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2018 at 9:45 AM Post #21,982 of 24,651
111709DE-09D8-4AEE-AA3B-92D59E711458.jpeg

Den Of Thieves 9-10

Great plot, great acting......well done.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2018 at 2:32 PM Post #21,983 of 24,651
Jurassic Park: Fallen Kingdom - 7.5/10

Worth watching and a lot better than the last one.
This was somewhat entertaining and probably the main reason I rated it so high.
Some of the main characters are very bad actors. Oh well.

I think for the storyline they came up with an idea in 10 minutes and just threw together a script.
Seriously this is all they could come up with?

The special effects in this actually seem less believable than in the original "Jurassic Park".
They just look too fake and something out of the Hobbit movies. The dinosaurs themselves look realistic enough.

Better Call Saul: Season 4 - 8.5/10

Season 3 was the best yet and was actually better in some ways than "Breaking Bad".
I don't find them similar at all though.

They actually made Saul Goodman and Mike into somewhat more likable characters (at least for awhile).
Never once did I really like Saul in "Breaking Bad".
To me it seems like the series is best whent hey give enough screen time to Kim Wexler.
I also liked the characters of Howard and Chuck. Pretty much perfect acting.

Also watching "Walking Dead" season 9. More thought went into Episode 1 of this then the entire season 8 :)
Season 7 and 8 were mostly bad, but somewhat watchable.Maybe no higher than a rating of a 7/10.
Season 2 is easily the best IMO.

Fear the Walking Dead Season 4 - 8/10

Best season yet, but that isn't saying that much. Previous seasons I wish I had just skipped.
It's hard to believe some people say they were better than "TWD". Not even close!
Adding Morgan was a good decision.

Oct 15, 2018 at 9:14 AM Post #21,985 of 24,651
A40EE2B8-BC0D-4093-984D-BCA3F8E75E4F.jpeg

5/10

Oct 17, 2018 at 1:21 AM Post #21,987 of 24,651
First Man - 3/10

Easily one of the worst movies i've seen in several years.
Where is Ron Howard or Clint Eastwood when you need them?

Total fail for the director of this in nearly every area.
First you have really some of the worst cinematography possible.
80% of the movie is like someone accidentally zoomed it too close and forgot about it.
Then there is all the shaky camera work.

All the actors felt as if they were sleepwalking through their roles.

The whole movie had this detached feeling where you can't really care about anything that's happening.
It's yet another of those movies where my brain feels as if it's in sleep mode the entire movie.
You don't think or feel much about anything in this movie or even care what happens.

Want to learn more about the missions, Neil Armstrong etc? This movie won't help much.
Watch a documentary instead.

The family scenes were especially awful and something you'd want to skip/fast forward through.

The only good sequence was one of the first major emergencies. There was some suspense there a little.

BTW I hated the director's previous film "LaLa Land" and I guess i'm not surprised I didn't like this.
It was one of the movies I was looking forward to the most.

Watch "The Right Stuff" instead or "Apollo 13".
Both i've give a 10/10.

PS this movie put me in a bad mood.

Oct 17, 2018 at 4:43 AM Post #21,989 of 24,651
Skyscraper -- 5/10

I am a Rock fan, but this just doesn't get it done. Only redeeming feature is the cool HKG scenery--what an awesome city!!
I remember watching the trailer where they have so much to show that they put him jumping toward the tower twice, and decided I had no interest in a story about a bigger Nakatomi plaza with a bigger bald guy. seems like for once I got the right idea from a trailer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back