1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Rate The Last Movie You Watched

1. Redcarmoose
    Here we have an empty building with very few really scary shots, though the idea could have made a great movie
    It seems like the underground’s exploitation film makers could really use the concept of a burning skyscraper to make a scary movie. It has to be one of the most scary movie concepts; but yet other than a couple films, has never been tapped.

One reason is the low-budget film makers have no $ to actually show a burning skyscraper or make a CGI one. Instead we get movies about human centipedes.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  2. myanime002
    It was greatly improved than I anticipated that it would be. By and by, Josh Hartnett was just average. Whatever remains of the acting (the people, in any event) was surprisingly more dreadful. What made the motion picture great was the vampires! I can't recall the last film I saw that was this suspensful! citrus manga Without a doubt, it's not the sort of tension that resembles "what will occur straightaway?" since you recognize what will occur straightaway; someone's gettin' their neck tore open. Be that as it may, it was extremely thrilling, in any case. I'd prescribe seeing it in case you're a devotee of current vampire motion pictures.

3. SilverEars
    Trailer looks so damn cheezy.

4. SilverEars
    For me, Better Call Saul is so boring (I'm close to end of season 2). I'm only watching it when at the gym or I would get bored and move on to another show. Breaking Bad is what I love, and similarly like Ozark, which is really good and engaging with great acting, character development and plot. Which is not a soft show, it's raw and gritty, which I find to be more real.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  5. castleofargh Contributor
    did you try "Get shorty" (the tv series)? it has a few similarities with Ozark IMO. mix of 2 words, guy trying to solve problems anyway he can while having to keep some people you can't control on a leash. and problems pilling up out of nowhere just for the series to go on. some good stuff, some not so good, I liked both.
    I prefer Better call Saul but for different reasons. in some aspects I think it is vastly superior to something like Ozark, but maybe not as directly entertaining.

I imagine you're talking about "30 Days of Night" and "30 Days of Night: Dark days". it could help if you name the movie you're discussing :wink:
    or am I missing a picture or a link for some reason?

I'm one to love horror movies but I really hate jump scare, so I get what you mean.

6. Redcarmoose
    You will not be disappointed. I believe some scripts have places that are easy and some situations difficult to act; portraying reality. Here those situations are acted well.

If a trailer concentrated on the action it could come off that way, but the movie also concentrates on interpersonal relationships. There’s a plot too which has some good turns. The plot turns would never be shown in a trailer. Finally they have gun battles which set a new standard, much like the movie Heat did so very long ago.

7. SilverEars
    Perhaps it's just a bad trailer, I just get an impression it's some cheezy action flick. I miss the days of movies like Lethal Weapon, Die Hard, etc..

8. Redcarmoose
    I didn’t know which trailer, but I guessed an action one. The movie is more. What happens is the good acting draws you in, then you feel for the characters. Basically what all good movies try to do.

9. Davesrose
    It would have been a better movie if it was just a direct reboot of Die Hard. Instead, it seems they got some queues from Towering Inferno (Geostorm is another bad recent disaster movie). They seem to miss the boat for any kind of direction. The 70s disaster movies now seem a bit cheesy: but at least they run like a variety show. Skyscraper on the other hand has predictable plot, bad dialogue, and is just plain boring.

10. Davesrose
    Yeah, I'm not expecting much from Den of Thieves: critics have panned it, and the ads make it look like plenty of other movies with the same premise. Three Kings comes to mind.

11. Redcarmoose
    I could be wrong, maybe I just like guns?

Davesrose likes this.
  12. SilverEars
    I like guns too, but I'd rather watch something with a bit of an art-form/creativity like Woo's Hongkong classics. Or Micheal Man's Heat which was original. They don't make 'em like they used to.

This never gets old.

13. Davesrose
    I'm also partial to his "Collateral".

14. Redcarmoose
    I saw Heat on the biggest West Coast Screen. Still remember it.

15. kid vic
    Well now I have to watch Heat!

Inuyasha: Swords of an Honurable Ruler-8.8/10

Basic popcorn teen anime storyline, great animation, answers a few questions left over from the series. No gunfights :p