Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Apr 3, 2015 at 7:18 PM Post #16,967 of 24,690
Maze Runner - 6/10

Worth watching..barely. The problem with this movie is that the script was incredibly dumb. Felt as if it was written BY a 15 year old and not just FOR one. All the dialogue was really bad.
The way all the characters act is just so weird and doesn't seem normal. Acting wasn't terrible, but not really good.

If I had seen this at the theater i'd have been disappointed.
I'm guessing the movie is aimed at teenagers and you could tell.

The idea of the maze itself was good, but too bad it's totally wasted.

That reminds me..I should go rewatch "The Cube" (if that's the title i'm thinking of).

Oh and it's hard to believe this is based on a novel. Is it only 200 pages with giant fonts?

Apr 4, 2015 at 9:48 AM Post #16,968 of 24,690
Yeah want to remember the Cube was quite okay.

As for Maze runner it´s ONLY if you like the genre and can swallow a lot of heinous story telling. Just get back to the wrong turn basics thanks.

But it´s better then divergent though having a worse story and an even weirder context to it all. 
I suppose the writer didn´t want to copy hunger games success to obvious thus it´s not a gladiator game but then the author just couldn´t figure out something that worked? I have big problems with that also so I don´t blame the author.

Watched Oceans 13.

Pretty much boored me to death. Similar feel to it as the remake of Tinker Soldier Spy. Nothing of interest ever happen. There is no chemistry between the actors and never have Pacino been so vanilla. I can´t find a single reason to watch it.
I haven´t seen Oceans 12 but Oceans 11 I remember as quite okay.

1/5 waste of time.

Apr 4, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #16,969 of 24,690
Yup. Second viewing here. I could live without the "love transcends relativity and quantum physics" input.
The BR played through stereo and headphones as I believe is mentioned above, is light years:) better than the gawdawful surround mix in theatres. Methinks Nolan made way too much use of the centre channel for that mix. In Stereo Caines death scene is clearly audible on all words.

Seems like Nolan thing. Trying to make that human connection that will allow the audience to swallow a "complex" concept. That's how he finally finished his Inception script after sitting on it for like 10 years.

And I know I'm way behind not being on my 14th viewing and all, but spoiler =(

Apr 4, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #16,970 of 24,690
Seems like Nolan thing. Trying to make that human connection that will allow the audience to swallow a "complex" concept. That's how he finally finished his Inception script after sitting on it for like 10 years.

And I know I'm way behind not being on my 14th viewing and all, but spoiler =(

Yes. That becomes the flaw in his storytelling when he hinges the entire plot around an emotional concept that he injects almost as a non sequitur in the middle of the storyline. He winds up doing exactly what he is attempting not to. Obfuscating the plot with a half germinated concept that leaves half the audience bewildered and the other half face palming.

If he really wants to explore the human emotional condition as an alternative to high science then really, he needs to craft a film that deals with that exclusively.

Apr 4, 2015 at 2:49 PM Post #16,972 of 24,690
Interstellar
Really enjoyed this one, makes you think about space time , time travel and the time continuoum... And how it could be manipulated and bent around. Thinking mans kind if sci-fi. Just a different kind of movie... Interesting, lots of twists and surprises through the plot and with the characters in their journey.

Yep I dug it too, solid three out of five for me.

Apr 4, 2015 at 6:15 PM Post #16,973 of 24,690
Miami Vice. Positively surprised. Just one of the many movies I found in the rea bins virtually for free.

Just show that hollywood have forgot how to make action movies. 4/5.

Apr 7, 2015 at 8:20 AM Post #16,975 of 24,690
Interstellar 8/10

Ok, a paranormal family scifi drama which uses quantum theory. Tons and tons of BS, still I was entertained. :disappointed_relieved:
2014 update of Lost In Space

Apr 7, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #16,976 of 24,690
Interstellar, 6/10. There was so much cringing I could barely see the picture. Tons of cheeseball dialogue and bs science. If I wanted to have to take notes to figure a movie out I'd watch Primer again.

Apr 7, 2015 at 4:25 PM Post #16,978 of 24,690
Never watched Memento, should I? People seem to rave about it..

Apr 7, 2015 at 4:30 PM Post #16,979 of 24,690
I think it´s worth a watch yes

Apr 7, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #16,980 of 24,690
Days of Thunder. DVD 16:9 format in 4:3 box... -10000/10. First time this happened to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back