Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Dec 21, 2014 at 11:11 PM Post #16,411 of 24,669
I feel like I'm the only one, besides my old high school sweetheart that I watched it with, that's ever seen Brazil. Great movie.
i loved that movie, along with 12 Monkeys, I still think of Brazil though to this day proabbaly 8 months after first viewing it, beautiful film.
[Rule]
Today's the 8th time I've seen Scott Pilgrim and I still love it so much, also wanting to see Interstellar again, the movie was so cinematic and gorgeous, so much better than that one with Sandra Bullock that came out not too long ago.

Dec 22, 2014 at 7:41 AM Post #16,412 of 24,669
To Kill a Mockingbird: 8.6/10

To kill a Mockingbird is great, but not as great as people say. I like how they adapt it. I like the acting. I like the atmosphere, especially the black and white cinematorgraphy, it really feel 1930s. But it's still not very stunning.
The reason for this is the pace, and who's telling the story. The pace is a bit slow, for all the contents it has. Sindleir list took so long because the film involves around the emotions Sindler had, leading to his rescue plan for the jews. But since all characters have a direct decision with black people and the rape case, there's no great discussions. Also, as the whole story was told around that little girl and his brother (just like Harper Lee), not a lot was revealed, leading to a light hint of racism everybody talking about.
Maybe I was expecting too much. Afterall, it's really just a movie about growing up inside a lawyer family with pro black rights ideanology in 1930s. In the end I have a blast and gratefully conclude my day.

Dec 23, 2014 at 7:34 PM Post #16,413 of 24,669
The Hobbit 3.

6/10 hard to give it more then that.

They use way to much CGI even when it´s not necessary why is dain or what he is called a CGI character? Orlando Bloom and his clone is so stiff they could as well be CGI the entire movie as well :) Peter Jacksons Jar Jar not exactly Gollum.

Did watch 48 fps 3D for the first time. I don´t have a reference thus other then other 3D movies in the same cinema and I will never ever rewatch this but there was time the picture was so clear there was like no screen. But then there was super blurry shots of the Shire so what is what.

But it was really impressive. On the other hand this is the LOTR movie where the CGI impressed the least so this does come at a price. Like going from VHS to bluray. Of course it´s not that dramatic.

Dec 23, 2014 at 11:34 PM Post #16,414 of 24,669
The last two movies I watched were really similar in several ways:

Ida: 9/10   3+ people on here recommended it and it was great, black and white and the 4:3 ratio work amazingly for this movie - it fits the atmosphere perfectly and doesn't seem overdone at all.  I love the ultra long drawn out shots as well.  I wonder if that's something that's practiced more commonly overseas?  The ending left everyone asking "why?" Looking back on it now, I'm glad it ended the way it did leaving the audience to decide why she chose what she did.

Before I disappear:  8.5/10  We randomly chose to watch this knowing nothing more than the name and a 3 sentence description.  Despite how dark everything in it is, there is quite a bit of humor and I love the writing.  It did feel a little cheesy at the end and there were a few ultra predictable parts that I wish they changed a little bit more, but other than that, it was a very pleasant surprise.

There were a few others that I watched recently but I don't think any of them were worth posting :/

Dec 24, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #16,416 of 24,669
Dumb & Dumber to

5/10

Ok, but tbh most of the gags are shown in the trailer which was kind of disappointing
frown.gif

frown.gif

Dec 24, 2014 at 5:33 PM Post #16,417 of 24,669
The Day (2011)

Came from tv last night and decided to watch it with little brother. I have absolutely nothing positive to say about the so-called movie, seriously the worst thing I've seen in the last few years. I would rather have a Twilight-marathon than see that again.

2/10, I would rate it lower if I didn't know there was something even worse in existence (Postal)

Dec 25, 2014 at 10:53 PM Post #16,418 of 24,669
Unbroken - 5/10

This coming from the guy who is obsessed with WWII history, movies and has read both of the books about the story (loved them both).
Only thing they got right is some of the prisoner's conditions and treatment. The torture is toned down, but the real torture is watching the movie.
I really hated nearly every scene except for some parts during the 2nd camp.

Angelina Jolie mostly ruined every scene. The movie just felt fake and I couldn't care less about any of the characters.
It's pretty sad when you can't even care about the main character much. You don't even know much about him at all even after the movie.
He was an olympic athelete, bad as a kid and well that's it. Not much mention of why he changed and became a better person. Just a hint.

All the characters have zero personality and are as dull as possible.

Too bad they even screwed up all the raft scenes.

The movie felt like it was produced by Disney and directed by someone half asleep. She does know how to take a scene and suck all the life out of it. I don't know how they did this. I want to know!

In the book there were some very good Japanese guards/people that went out of their way to help prisoners, but apparently they were not important to the script-writers! Nonsense!
The "spy" character is also missing.

BTW everything that was wrong with "Monument's Men" could also apply to this movie. Might as well have been directed by George Clooney.

Also..the story of forgiveness is almost non existent. Too bad. Anything to do with religion is mostly removed.

Dec 26, 2014 at 12:01 AM Post #16,419 of 24,669
  Unbroken - 5/10

This coming from the guy who is obsessed with WWII history, movies and has read both of the books about the story (loved them both).
Only thing they got right is some of the prisoner's conditions and treatment. The torture is toned down, but the real torture is watching the movie.
I really hated nearly every scene except for some parts during the 2nd camp.

Angelina Jolie mostly ruined every scene. The movie just felt fake and I couldn't care less about any of the characters.
It's pretty sad when you can't even care about the main character much. You don't even know much about him at all even after the movie.
He was an olympic athelete, bad as a kid and well that's it. Not much mention of why he changed and became a better person. Just a hint.

All the characters have zero personality and are as dull as possible.

Too bad they even screwed up all the raft scenes.

The movie felt like it was produced by Disney and directed by someone half asleep. She does know how to take a scene and suck all the life out of it. I don't know how they did this. I want to know!

In the book there were some very good Japanese guards/people that went out of their way to help prisoners, but apparently they were not important to the script-writers! Nonsense!
The "spy" character is also missing.

BTW everything that was wrong with "Monument's Men" could also apply to this movie. Might as well have been directed by George Clooney.

Also..the story of forgiveness is almost non existent. Too bad. Anything to do with religion is mostly removed.

So basically the leaked Sony emails about her were correct? 

You should have saw Interstellar, bro...I hear that one is good :wink:

Dec 26, 2014 at 1:09 AM Post #16,420 of 24,669
I got dragged to see Unbroken too - 4.9349932/10

I knew it would suck going in and my expectations were super low but I still somehow managed to feel disappointed.  It's amazing how they can spend 65 million dollars on a film and still have such horrible writing.  Everybody's facial hair grew as much in the first three days of the raft scene as it did in the next 40, some how the main character found time to do his hair and use massive amounts of hair gel while both at sea and in prisoner camps.  The radio commentators for the Olympic race is laughably bad and vague just to add drama.  I guess  can't really make fun of it since I knew it would be bad, but there really isn't a single redeeming quality.

Killer of Sheep - 9.5/10

Awesome depiction of the mundane lives of African Americans living in the ghettos of LA.  The whole movie is made up of random events that happen to one family and none of it really makes very much sense until the end, but when it does, it's absolutely amazing.  I wish there were more movies like this that carried messages in such unique ways.  It's also pretty interesting to read about how Charles Burnett struggled to release the movie because of expensive copyrighted music, and how all of the playing children scenes are completely unscripted.

Dec 26, 2014 at 5:59 AM Post #16,422 of 24,669

I'm wondering that tdockweiler haven't watched Interstellar yet. I think that he would have liked it.

I hope you're joking on that one, because IIRC he was the one who said he watched Interstellar at least 5 times already...

EDIT: Not just five, but eight:

Oh and I saw Instellar for the 8th time tonight 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back