Raleigh/Durham/Cary, NC, Saturday March 21, 2015
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 22, 2015 at 1:38 PM Post #2 of 72
Thank you Alex for starting this thread - I knew several took pictures, and I was afraid I would have to post lousy cell phone pics.

I had a great time as well - especially seeing some folks that I have met at previous meets and meeting some new folks at this one.

Thank you to Shane and Sol for all of their time and energy putting on a great meet. It was a good experience for me to hear my headphones compared to others as an A/B swap - fortunately the experience reinforced my pre-conceived bias in favor of my headphones (love it when that happens). That was a lovely outcome to this meet. It was also a very beneficial experience for me to get an extended demo on the Auralic gear (Thanks Jason!) It appears to be the solution I was looking for.

Thanks again for making this happen for us :)

Jason

Mar 22, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #3 of 72
Thanks everyone for the great meet yesterday. I had a great time. Next time I will plan on coming earlier and staying later. Really liked the Unison Research. Can't wait to get my hands on that.

Mar 22, 2015 at 7:00 PM Post #4 of 72
Great time for sure!  Look forward to the next one whenever that is.  
biggrin.gif

Mar 23, 2015 at 12:28 AM Post #7 of 72
Thank Shane and Sol for putting this meet together and all participants for sharing not only their gear but also knowledge and enthusiasm about this hobby.

That HE-6 driven by the McIntosh was best to my ears---great organic, coherent, realistic sound, very engaging. It is hard to imagine that the HE-1000 can be better than this to any significant extent. I am again enticed to look at vintage receivers/amps for that nostalgic sound---just like good old medium format film pictures (vs. nowadays digital pictures).

First time to see and listen to K1000, a fun concept well materialized. The CD3000 was also impressive. Wish I could have one some day.

TH900 and Denon HPs also produced excellent sounds. I also liked the sound and comfort of the AKG 712 (?).

It is amazing that so much control of the whole spectrum came from the AURALliC system.

Did not get a proper listening to the Unison amp. But given the overall excellency of the company, I am curious to read what others have to say about it.

Thanks again!

Mar 23, 2015 at 10:02 AM Post #9 of 72
Ah yes, no NC meet is complete with Alex's female mannequin head!

Sad I had to miss this one. Looks like it was loads of fun!

Hey Vernon, sorry you couldn't make it, it was a good meet. Her name is Amanda. I'm saving-up to buy the rest of her.

Mar 23, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #11 of 72
as far as thanking GOD for shipping tape, i think shipping tape is mentioned in Ecclesiastes.  chapter 4, i think.   

This is close enough for me:

17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.   James 1:17New International Version (NIV)

... for those requesting me to bring gear to the next Meet, better yet pray for rain so I'll drive the car.     

Mar 23, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #12 of 72
  ... for those requesting me to bring gear to the next Meet, better yet pray for rain so I'll drive the car.     

Nooooo, it will easily fit in zip lock bags which can then go into your backpack.  I'm just glad you got your rig all set!  Enjoy it man.  
L3000.gif

Mar 24, 2015 at 8:40 AM Post #14 of 72

It is amazing that so much control of the whole spectrum came from the AURALliC system.

This motivated me even more to get the Auralic system.

Mar 24, 2015 at 9:01 AM Post #15 of 72
I have sent you a PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back