Radsone EarStudio ES100
Apr 6, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #767 of 6,675
when I go to run the Batch file, the cmd says ““HidDfuCmd.exe” is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.”
The batch file couldn't find HidDfuCmd. Did you first extract the zip file into a new folder and run the batch file from there (the right way), or did you just double click on the zip file and try to run it directly (wrong way)?

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #768 of 6,675
The batch file couldn't find HidDfuCmd. Did you first extract the zip file into a new folder and run the batch file from there (the right way), or did you just double click on the zip file and try to run it directly (wrong way)?

That worked! Thank you. I had done that, but since the two folders were identical (to me) I was just clicking the original one.

Firmware updated! Thanks everyone.

Apr 6, 2018 at 1:27 PM Post #769 of 6,675
@peter123:

No difference at all.
And as you mentioned, it's OK to have the balanced 3.5mm to balanced 2.5mm adapter if 4-pin 3.5mm balanced cable is connected.

As I've been asked on that many times before,
some users try to connect the 3.5mm unbalanced default earphones cable through the adapter.

Any 3.5mm unbalanced cable with the adapter won't sound properly.
Even worse, if 3-pin 3.5mm unbalanced cable connected,
it will short two pins of the balanced output and eventually would break and damage the amplifier.

Thanks and Regards,
WS

Hello!

I want to buy a Balanced MMCX cable for my LZ A4’s — please could you advise if this cable I linked below would work to achieve Balanced on the ES100?

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32817...00_0109&spm=a2g0n.search-amp.list.32817130225

There is also this one and I can’t tell if there is any difference:

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32816...00_0109&spm=a2g0n.search-amp.list.32816648105

I also then want to grab a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter to use with my non-ES100 and non-Balanced devices. Does that have to be Balanced as well? For example, to use plugged into the standard Apple 3.5mm to Lightning dongle.

Apr 6, 2018 at 1:48 PM Post #770 of 6,675
Any chance for a crossover feature in the app to blend the left and right channels to some degree?
Do ANY DAP's have that function?

Seems to me like most everyone is asking for more channel separation in the specifications... not less.

I guess a "surround sound" option kind of does what you're looking for? Think some DAP's have that....

Apr 6, 2018 at 2:25 PM Post #771 of 6,675
Hello!

I want to buy a Balanced MMCX cable for my LZ A4’s — please could you advise if this cable I linked below would work to achieve Balanced on the ES100?

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32817...00_0109&spm=a2g0n.search-amp.list.32817130225

There is also this one and I can’t tell if there is any difference:

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32816...00_0109&spm=a2g0n.search-amp.list.32816648105

I also then want to grab a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter to use with my non-ES100 and non-Balanced devices. Does that have to be Balanced as well? For example, to use plugged into the standard Apple 3.5mm to Lightning dongle.

Yes that's the right type, those cables seems to be the same. Just make sure that you choose the option 2.5mm and mmcx (for the A4) when you check out.

As for adapters I use some from Venture Electronics and those the only ones I've tried. To use it with a singel ended source you'll need the male connector to be a standard 3.5mm one (not balanced).

Apr 6, 2018 at 2:52 PM Post #772 of 6,675
Yes that's the right type, those cables seems to be the same. Just make sure that you choose the option 2.5mm and mmcx (for the A4) when you check out.

As for adapters I use some from Venture Electronics and those the only ones I've tried. To use it with a singel ended source you'll need the male connector to be a standard 3.5mm one (not balanced).

Thank you very much for all your help Peter! Order one of those cables and a couple inexpensive adapters there too to bring it back to 3.5mm when I need it.

Apr 6, 2018 at 8:52 PM Post #773 of 6,675
Any chance for a crossover feature in the app to blend the left and right channels to some degree?

@CactusPete23, @Jazic:

It's crossfeed.

FYI, M920 Grace Design has that functionality as below:

http://www.gracedesign.com/products/m920/m920.htm

New X-feed (crossfeed) simulates the acoustics of a loudspeaker listening environment which can significantly improve imaging while reducing listening fatigue when using headphones. This feature employs carefully designed signal cross-feed, filtering and delay circuits to simulate hrtf (head related transfer functions)

Crosstalk represents the channel separation by checking the amount of R.small and L.small.

Left = L + R.samll
Right = R + L.small

In the meanwhile, crossfeed adds the delayed version of R and L to simulate the loudspeaker environment at the headphone.

Left = L + delayed version of R
Right = R + delayed version of L

But, it's more than just adding them and requires some other techniques.

Let me check with our team if we can add it with the further update.

Thanks and Regards,
WS

Apr 6, 2018 at 9:41 PM Post #774 of 6,675
@CactusPete23, @Jazic:

It's crossfeed.

FYI, M920 Grace Design has that functionality as below:

http://www.gracedesign.com/products/m920/m920.htm

New X-feed (crossfeed) simulates the acoustics of a loudspeaker listening environment which can significantly improve imaging while reducing listening fatigue when using headphones. This feature employs carefully designed signal cross-feed, filtering and delay circuits to simulate hrtf (head related transfer functions)

Crosstalk represents the channel separation by checking the amount of R.small and L.small.

Left = L + R.samll
Right = R + L.small

In the meanwhile, crossfeed adds the delayed version of R and L to simulate the loudspeaker environment at the headphone.

Left = L + delayed version of R
Right = R + delayed version of L

But, it's more than just adding them and requires some other techniques.

Let me check with our team if we can add it with the further update.

Thanks and Regards,
WS

Great details on the terminology and technology behind it.

Thanks for even considering the pitentional for adding it!

Back when I had my Chord Hugo is used it exclusively with gaming with its capabilities of blending the left and right channels. Since I got rid of it I've been hoping to have another option for gaming.

Apr 6, 2018 at 9:48 PM Post #775 of 6,675
Do ANY DAP's have that function?

Seems to me like most everyone is asking for more channel separation in the specifications... not less.

I guess a "surround sound" option kind of does what you're looking for? Think some DAP's have that....

The chord Hugo has a variable feature that let's the channels bleed over into the other.

I also remember a headroom portable amp from back in the day had a anti fatigue switch that blended the channels some.

I agree though that most people nowadays prefer a higher degree of isolation and I do as well but having that option to bring the virtual image more centered instead of hard left and right pans.

As for gaming specific amps with surround it tends to sound like a tin can and synthetic. When you're in a room setting with speakers having only a grenade explosion on your left with nothing on your right sounds fine but if it was blended 10-25% then it would sound more realistic and still be surrounding you.

Maybe it's just me but I prefer to have the highest quality sound possible with no surround tin cam sound..

Apr 6, 2018 at 9:51 PM Post #776 of 6,675
Hello!

Sorry for getting off topic but how do these compare to the FLC 8S and the A5?

I had the FLC and loved it but the comfort was am issue after some time and the cables were horrible.

Apr 6, 2018 at 10:15 PM Post #777 of 6,675
The software now includes a warning in the amp section against using 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapters since this will damage the amp of the ES100.

Are 2.5mm to 4 pin XLR safe to use since both are balanced?
Screenshot_20180406-211608.png

Apr 7, 2018 at 4:34 AM Post #779 of 6,675
The software now includes a warning in the amp section against using 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapters since this will damage the amp of the ES100.

Are 2.5mm to 4 pin XLR safe to use since both are balanced?

Fwiw I'm using one of these for my full size cans:

20180407_102536.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back