Radsone EarStudio ES100
Dec 12, 2018 at 12:05 PM Post #3,466 of 6,675
Is the battery supposed to be this bad after one hour of use only (connected to my iPhone XS Max). Firmware is 2.0.1.

Am i doing something wrong with the usage?

KFJvxqQ.png

Dec 12, 2018 at 12:49 PM Post #3,468 of 6,675
Is the battery supposed to be this bad after one hour of use only (connected to my iPhone XS Max). Firmware is 2.0.1.

Am i doing something wrong with the usage?

KFJvxqQ.png
Don't trust the battery meter. My own experience, as well as you searching through the thread, will indicate that the battery meter is not all that reliable. Regardless of what it shows, you will get some long battery life out of it. No sweat.

Dec 12, 2018 at 1:23 PM Post #3,469 of 6,675
just wanted to know that if there will be a newer version in 1-2 months
Radsone hasn't said anything about a new version. Follow Radsone developments on their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/radsoneinc/. Certainly it wouldn't be so soon. The ES100 only started to be sold directly in Europe (through Amazon) this summer.

Dec 12, 2018 at 1:31 PM Post #3,470 of 6,675
Hey guys,

I have a question , sorry if it has been addressed before,

When connecting to an android device, are there any settings on the app that can be saved to the es100 device itself like equalizer or whatever sound control settings.

So it can be used on other devices without the app.

Or to use the any settings got to be connected to any ios or android devices with the app installed ?

Dec 12, 2018 at 2:16 PM Post #3,471 of 6,675
I found a little gem I would like to share. On Radsone's Facebook page they link to a review for the ES 100.
https://primeaudio.org/earstudio-es100-review/

In the review they mention there are plans for a parametric EQ in a future update. If they can make this happen then it would be a game changer for me.
In order for me to get the same level of performance in SQ for my home audio system in a DSP/DAC I would have to spend north of $1k and even then they don't have LDAC yet.
I don't think any other upcoming competitive device will be in competition with the ES 100 because its as if someone in the future sent this device into the present.

This little device makes a great source that has dynamics that are only seen on much bigger more expensive units.

Dec 12, 2018 at 2:32 PM Post #3,472 of 6,675
using the high voltage mode of the ES100 really drives my AKG N5005 to the limit in terms of volume, I love it.

I sometimes switch back to normal voltage mode because it doesnt drain the battery as fast, but it wont take long until I have to switch back because I end up cranking up the volume and going into overdrive which results in distorted bass.. I asked a while back but I'm still curious, anyone else using high voltage mode with their IEM?
I believe I have mine set to 2x current in balanced but even at 1x there is no absolutely no change in volume. You have the source level maxed out, correct? I have the AKG N5005 and no matter which setting of voltage I never hear distorted bass. I listen to mine loud but maybe you listen way louder or something, in which case you need to be careful lol.

Dec 12, 2018 at 2:33 PM Post #3,473 of 6,675
I found a little gem I would like to share. On Radsone's Facebook page they link to a review for the ES 100.
https://primeaudio.org/earstudio-es100-review/

In the review they mention there are plans for a parametric EQ in a future update. If they can make this happen then it would be a game changer for me.
In order for me to get the same level of performance in SQ for my home audio system in a DSP/DAC I would have to spend north of $1k and even then they don't have LDAC yet.
I don't think any other upcoming competitive device will be in competition with the ES 100 because its as if someone in the future sent this device into the present.

This little device makes a great source that has dynamics that are only seen on much bigger more expensive units.
LOL, that's @crabdog 's review

Dec 12, 2018 at 2:49 PM Post #3,474 of 6,675
I believe I have mine set to 2x current in balanced but even at 1x there is no absolutely no change in volume. You have the source level maxed out, correct? I have the AKG N5005 and no matter which setting of voltage I never hear distorted bass. I listen to mine loud but maybe you listen way louder or something, in which case you need to be careful lol.

thanks for your feedback, I do always have the source/note9 volume maxed and adjust only the ES100 volume. When I switch from balanced x1 to balanced x2 voltage I get a pretty big change in volume levels, interesting that this doesnt happen for you..
also, it's not just the bass that gets distorted, I dont know if distorted is the right term, but it's a case where the companion app will say 'overdrive' and at some point the music just looses resolution and clarity and treble and bass get kind of distorted or smeared. it doesnt happen with all tracks, some tracks will be sufficiently loud in 1x mode without maxing out the volume. maybe I have to use musicbee to normalize (I think thats what its called) the volume across my collection so I get equal volume everywhere..
I do listen too loud sometimes, have done that too many times in my youth and ruined my hearing a bit, so I'm probably a bit deaf ^^

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2018 at 3:59 PM Post #3,476 of 6,675
Hey guys,

I have a question , sorry if it has been addressed before,

When connecting to an android device, are there any settings on the app that can be saved to the es100 device itself like equalizer or whatever sound control settings.

So it can be used on other devices without the app.

Or to use the any settings got to be connected to any ios or android devices with the app installed ?

The settings established via the app will be "remembered" by the ES100 when used without the app until you once again make changes via the app.

Dec 12, 2018 at 4:17 PM Post #3,477 of 6,675
The settings established via the app will be "remembered" by the ES100 when used without the app until you once again make changes via the app.

Ye, i understand that this is true for using es100 with the same device, but to make sure you got my question, i mean after connecting to android and altering the settings, disconnect it and use it for instance with wm1a ( a device without apps support ) are there any settings remembered ?

Dec 12, 2018 at 6:14 PM Post #3,478 of 6,675
Thats one amazing little app,

I just downloaded it, connected to android and to my wm1a dap same time, i could definitley play from wm1a and settings i change on the app is reflected on music played from wm1a, even when i disconnect from android, the same settings still applied to wm1a.

So i guess the settings is definitley saved to the device memory, i tried the equalizer, voltage and ambient setting, they are saved .. i guess the rest will also.

Dec 12, 2018 at 6:27 PM Post #3,479 of 6,675
thanks for your feedback, I do always have the source/note9 volume maxed and adjust only the ES100 volume. When I switch from balanced x1 to balanced x2 voltage I get a pretty big change in volume levels, interesting that this doesnt happen for you..
also, it's not just the bass that gets distorted, I dont know if distorted is the right term, but it's a case where the companion app will say 'overdrive' and at some point the music just looses resolution and clarity and treble and bass get kind of distorted or smeared. it doesnt happen with all tracks, some tracks will be sufficiently loud in 1x mode without maxing out the volume. maybe I have to use musicbee to normalize (I think thats what its called) the volume across my collection so I get equal volume everywhere..
I do listen too loud sometimes, have done that too many times in my youth and ruined my hearing a bit, so I'm probably a bit deaf ^^
I will double check tonight. Also, I believe its been covered that 2x just allows for a bit higher volume and doesn't change any type of Gain to increase volume. My ES100 volume is always about -23 or -20 db with the AKG. Are you using EQ as well with a lowered Preamp to prevent clipping?

Dec 12, 2018 at 6:41 PM Post #3,480 of 6,675
Thats one amazing little app,

I just downloaded it, connected to android and to my wm1a dap same time, i could definitley play from wm1a and settings i change on the app is reflected on music played from wm1a, even when i disconnect from android, the same settings still applied to wm1a.

So i guess the settings is definitley saved to the device memory, i tried the equalizer, voltage and ambient setting, they are saved .. i guess the rest will also.

Yes, settings save to the device so you actually don’t need to ever open the app after setup. But, I’m always in there tinkering with something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back