Radsone EarStudio ES100
Jul 20, 2022 at 4:51 AM Post #6,587 of 6,675
Hi folks. My es100 is 3.5 years old and suddenly it starts to disconnects from BT randomly or restarting. Is this a common problem? Any solutions for this? Really like this tiny device.
Don't buy a 5K... well, actually its a matter of taste, but to me the Qudelix is not only physically not very attractive, I also like the sound of the ES100 *much* more. Plus the application for the Qudelix is even more disorganized.

Jul 20, 2022 at 4:56 AM Post #6,588 of 6,675
BTR7 is already there with MQA though, not sure why are you waiting for one without.
Great device btw and while chunkier than ES100 it's noticeably better sound wise.
Doesn't MQA cost license fees? I'd never pay for that... otherwise the BTR7 sounds like an option, but at that price I'd choose the Go Blu.

Jul 20, 2022 at 4:06 PM Post #6,589 of 6,675
Jul 20, 2022 at 6:24 PM Post #6,590 of 6,675
Isn't it like the same thing just in ugly case?
I agree it's a very similar thing, with much better software IMHO. Plus it hasn't been essentially abandoned and gets regular updates. I have mine in a case so I don't have to look at it, so ugly doesn't figure in. My ES100 battery no longer holds much charge, so while I enjoyed the heck out of it, it's taking up space in a drawer.

Jul 20, 2022 at 9:25 PM Post #6,591 of 6,675
I am all against MQA myself, but limiting yourself in otherwise wonderful equipment selection just because it has MQA function you are never planning to use is like "cutting of your nose to spite your face", sorry.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2022 at 11:26 PM Post #6,592 of 6,675
For reasons the discussion of which doesn't belong here, I do not wish to purchase products with MQA and certainly not pay extra for MQA. I hope that vendors which have products with MQA follow the lead of SMSL and release MQA-free versions of their products which support MQA.
Interesting. Thanks for posting the info. Didn’t watch the video, but read through a couple linked articles he listed (sites I’ve used before).

I quit Tidal a couple years ago for other reasons. Mainly I could hear processing/EQ different than CDs I’d ripped.
I am all against MQA myself, but limiting yourself in otherwise wonderful equipment selection just because it has MQA function you are never planning to use is like "cutting of your nose to spite your face", sorry.
Yes. Great analogy. There’s so many standards/acronyms/ whatever is the latest thing to be aware of, it’s dizzying.

Head-Fi is great this way….everyone sharing the knowledge!

Jul 21, 2022 at 5:34 AM Post #6,593 of 6,675
You do have a point here. But there are so many options available that I normally don't feel limited by trying to exclude MQA-enabled models. But like with most things its better not to take it as religious choices (i.e. that can't be changed/amended/ignored at times)

Jul 24, 2022 at 12:40 AM Post #6,594 of 6,675
I do think the ES100 has the nicer app and I like its smoother, warmer AKM sound. But I end up using the 5K because it has more detailed highs and not just more treble quantity in my opinion, and its PEQ can easily make the sound warmer if I want. Also, giant usability improvement, it doesnt reboot itself when I plug or unplug it from USB.

Aug 1, 2022 at 4:48 PM Post #6,595 of 6,675
Just logged in because I need to rave about this device. Bought my ES100 second-hand for around €40 about 18 months ago, and it is still working flawlessly.

It's the most robust Bluetooth device I've ever used, connects every single time, auto-powers down when I forget to turn it off, and the battery lasts forever. Seriously, I think I only charge it like once every other week and it's always ready to go, even if it's been laying in a bag for like a month. It sounds amazing. Even works via USB with my laptop. EQ isn't parametric but is fine for when I'm on the go.

Honestly it's a better user experience for me than using AirPods and that's saying something(!)

It is without a doubt the best audio purchase I've ever made, considering what I got for my €40. Props to Radsone.

Aug 1, 2022 at 6:31 PM Post #6,596 of 6,675
Just logged in because I need to rave about this device. Bought my ES100 second-hand for around €40 about 18 months ago, and it is still working flawlessly.

It's the most robust Bluetooth device I've ever used, connects every single time, auto-powers down when I forget to turn it off, and the battery lasts forever. Seriously, I think I only charge it like once every other week and it's always ready to go, even if it's been laying in a bag for like a month. It sounds amazing. Even works via USB with my laptop. EQ isn't parametric but is fine for when I'm on the go.

Honestly it's a better user experience for me than using AirPods and that's saying something(!)

It is without a doubt the best audio purchase I've ever made, considering what I got for my €40. Props to Radsone.
Glad you like it. Still trucking along with mine from August 2018. Every morning with coffee, using a variety of headphones.

Aug 18, 2022 at 7:15 AM Post #6,597 of 6,675
Loving mine too, have it since 2019 and working like first day, no issues with battery, connects right away and sound is pretty cool, unsure if upgrading to mk2 would make sense.

Aug 18, 2022 at 3:33 PM Post #6,598 of 6,675
Loving mine too, have it since 2019 and working like first day, no issues with battery, connects right away and sound is pretty cool, unsure if upgrading to mk2 would make sense.
As long as it still works fine -- no. They only changed the buttons (a bit less squishy), the belt clip (a bit more robust) and the color, internals are identical.

Aug 18, 2022 at 11:49 PM Post #6,599 of 6,675
Just received. Need to research filter and current settings.

Attachments

• 0E26CB9B-2B91-4881-9306-58CA4CEAE132.jpeg
    0E26CB9B-2B91-4881-9306-58CA4CEAE132.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back