Radsone EarStudio ES100
Apr 21, 2022 at 11:50 AM Post #6,556 of 6,675
I agree. I seem to remember I had some weird issue, and the 2.x firmware fixed it. I wouldn't even consider using an ES100 unless it had the firmware.

With that said, if someone has damaged their es100 amplifier by plugging or unplugging it with the music playing (which generates a warning message), then I can understand that it might be acting flaky. But in that case, a firmware upgrade wouldn't fix it, as the hardware itself is damaged.
Hey Bro! PM me if you are still around.

May 15, 2022 at 1:10 PM Post #6,558 of 6,675
Hello everyone, enjoying the ES100 MK2. Good for on the go, but what about gaming? Can the mic be used in a pinch for chatting online while connected via USB on a pc?

Thanks in advanced.
Yes, but it could be uncomfortable as you would have to clip it on your shirt, and eventually you would forget about it and try to walk away :slight_frown:
Better use a cheap mic like this one: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001688972377.html

May 15, 2022 at 2:45 PM Post #6,560 of 6,675
Do You have any information from EarStudio developer? New updates, new products - anything.
Looks like losing co-designer who made his own Qudelix brand was a big hit for this amazing company.
I do prefer ES100 over K5.

May 15, 2022 at 11:32 PM Post #6,563 of 6,675
Ok thank you. I can just Bluetooth from my pc. I'm guessing i just leave ambient mode on and it will work?Thanks for the reply.
I don't know if a PC can use the ES100 as a Bluetooth mic. You'll have to try it. Ambient mode mixes outside sound into your earpiece so you can hear surroundings when you have a high isolating IEM. It has nothing to do with using the mic as an input.

May 22, 2022 at 7:52 PM Post #6,565 of 6,675
I've been struggling with an occasional dropout issue with my ES100 mk2 since I got it. Because of this, I mostly connect my headphones directly to the phone. I figured it out, very recently.

It only drops out when the phone is in my back pocket (preferred location) and the ES100 is clipped to a t-shirt collar. If I put the phone in a front pocket, it plays perfectly.

Has anyone else noticed this?

This may be the excuse I've been looking for to move to a Qudelix 5K.

May 22, 2022 at 10:08 PM Post #6,566 of 6,675
I've been struggling with an occasional dropout issue with my ES100 mk2 since I got it. Because of this, I mostly connect my headphones directly to the phone. I figured it out, very recently.

It only drops out when the phone is in my back pocket (preferred location) and the ES100 is clipped to a t-shirt collar. If I put the phone in a front pocket, it plays perfectly.

Bluetooth, in general is pretty crap at going through large bodies of water (us), especially with all the 2.4Ghz noise around us. Same thing happens with TWS and my phone. Not to say that you shouldn't get the Q5K haha.

May 23, 2022 at 4:23 AM Post #6,567 of 6,675

The 5k is definitely better at maintaining signal in this scenario.

As an aside I ended up with and continue to use both as the es100 seems to be much better at driving my SA6 (and possibly any BA driver), at least for my tastes.

May 23, 2022 at 4:50 AM Post #6,568 of 6,675
I have only one problem with ES100 everything else is just perfect.
I cant achieve LDAC connection in my Xiaomi all other LDAC compatible devices runs smooth - not as stable as AptX but just working fine.

Some devices with AAC runs as well but ES100 MK2 using only SBC or AptX - nothing more can be forced.

May 23, 2022 at 8:24 AM Post #6,569 of 6,675
I have only one problem with ES100 everything else is just perfect.
I cant achieve LDAC connection in my Xiaomi all other LDAC compatible devices runs smooth - not as stable as AptX but just working fine.

Some devices with AAC runs as well but ES100 MK2 using only SBC or AptX - nothing more can be forced.
I have no such issues with my Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 pro 5G.
LDAC works fine on 24/96.

1653307954205.png

You should be able to force AAC in the Developer Options, unless maybe you have deselected AAC under the "Bluetooth Codec Option" in the app?
Also, if LDAC doesn't work for you, and you'll disable APTX and APTX HD, it may connect over AAC.
My device did pop up some warning that AAC may be unstable, and that's why it will use SBC instead, but I was able to switch it.

BTW, could it be you have disabled LDAC for ES100 in the Bluetooth options?
1653308584465.png

What smartphone are you using and on which firmware?

May 23, 2022 at 8:47 AM Post #6,570 of 6,675
@BenF
Thank You for answer and help.
I have Redmi Note 8T, BTR3k and Z4 was working on LDAC.
I don't have such option in quick menu using ES100 i have last MIUI 12,5 and last firmware of ES100 MK2.

In EarStudio I have all options ON.
Developer options that always work with changing LDAC quality 330-990 can change with success from SBC to AptX on the fly only.
Other codecs like AAC, AptX HD and LDAC don't change anything and they just go back to default AptX when I go back to menu.

I was trying all possible options without success and I'm just left with standard AptX.

I don't have any solution, factory reset of ES100 don't work as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back