Radsone EarStudio ES100
Feb 4, 2020 at 9:30 PM Post #5,971 of 6,675
Their instructions seem pretty clear. So, why not just do what they say? :o2smile:

"excessive volume" means exactly that. The equivalent of blowing out speakers by playing them too loud. Turn up the volume so loud that the sound is distorting (probably too loud for you to listen comfortably). And then continue turning up the volume even louder. That would be excessive volume and could possibly damage the headphones. But 2X voltage will be fine with your HD58X as long you keep the volume within sane listening levels. If 1X already plays loud enough for you, I doubt 2X will be an improvement but you can listen for yourself.
Thanks to all who responded. While it's pretty clear to take verbatim I just wanted to make sure I wasn't damaging anything by listening at a high volume on 2X, one that I might not consider excessive, but it seems I should be fine.

Feb 5, 2020 at 3:27 PM Post #5,972 of 6,675
Received my es100 replacement today, they gave me the mk2, buttons are easier to press because they are raised, clip grips better, its already preloaded with 2.02 firmware. I hope the mk2 is more secured internally. I read up about the Qudelix 5K in the thread, sounds like a definite addition to the collection.

Feb 6, 2020 at 2:15 PM Post #5,974 of 6,675
I disabled jitter, and you guys are right it definitely sounds better. Why is it all of the features that are supposed to make it sound better, actually make it sound worse haha? I guess as in most things K.I.S.S. is best

As far as your other comment, Twin and Wokei were 2 of the people that first got me interested in HeadFi and specifically ChiFi (via KZ). Good dudes, and I hope they’re both doing ok nowadays.
I'm going to guess over-processing ending up degrading instead of helping

Feb 7, 2020 at 10:34 PM Post #5,975 of 6,675
Feb 8, 2020 at 10:17 PM Post #5,976 of 6,675
Currently using an ES100 with a Blon BL03. I've used this thing with 4 different headphones or IEM's and this thing never disappoints. It's so versatile, and the EQ is so great to have.

Feb 8, 2020 at 10:34 PM Post #5,978 of 6,675
Feb 8, 2020 at 10:36 PM Post #5,979 of 6,675
Mine starts doing it much earlier...like between 15 and 20%

Which phone do you use it with? I wonder if it's the phone telling you that the accessory is low. I've used my ES100 with a Pixel 3a, and a OnePlus 7T and I've never got a warning that it's low until it's at 1%.

Feb 8, 2020 at 10:54 PM Post #5,980 of 6,675
I use a Samsung Galaxy S8+.

Feb 9, 2020 at 4:39 AM Post #5,981 of 6,675
Waiting for the Qudelix-5k. It looks pretty badass. But it didn't deliver on time, and the BTR5 seems to be a big improvement. Turned out the BTR5 is indeed well-designed. If you consider the build quality, design and features overall, the BTR5 is a big win and worth every penny. ES100 mk2 seems too plasticky and cheap in comparison.

Love my ES100 but I too would like to try out the Qudelix... I particularly like the idea of the inline microphone support (I tend to use high-end gaming headsets at work). Unfortunately I don't see anywhere that the Qudelix is out for purchase (yet).

Feb 9, 2020 at 4:46 AM Post #5,982 of 6,675
Unfortunately I don't see anywhere that the Qudelix is out for purchase (yet).

...probably has to do with the fact that it is still in R&D phase.

Feb 10, 2020 at 12:11 AM Post #5,984 of 6,675
Just got one (Mk II), can someone explain to me the digital filters, and which one is the better option for this device just to mess around with, assuming there is an achievable result with each?

In essence, listen to all of them and pick your own poison.

Feb 10, 2020 at 1:01 AM Post #5,985 of 6,675
In essence, listen to all of them and pick your own poison.
Which one is supposedly closest to first gen 1-bit AKM DACs from the late-80's-early 90's, or should I say, which kind of filters did those use? I'm probably asking something impossible by today's standards, or achieving something nonsensical. I'm under the presumption that AKM stuck to the way they make their chips for decades, but I also recognize that implementation is important and differs greatly by devices, especially generations apart. I guess I just want that reassurance.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back