Radsone EarStudio ES100
Feb 15, 2020 at 2:35 PM Post #6,001 of 6,675
Anyone else have a solve for when the iOS app doesn't recognize the ES100 is on even when it is? I can't access the EQ, or other audio settings through the app anymore...

Feb 15, 2020 at 3:57 PM Post #6,002 of 6,675
Restart it. Plug it in. Switching on off etc.

Feb 15, 2020 at 7:01 PM Post #6,003 of 6,675
Testing on PC as a USB DAC/amp, soundstage is larger and signature is little more substantial, but there's an audible background hiss while the amp is on before it cuts out after about 10 seconds, and I don't know what settings the ES100 uses on PC besides the sample and bit rate inputted at 16-bit/48khz, 24-bit/48khz outputted, unless most of the app settings save to USB as well?

Feb 17, 2020 at 10:19 AM Post #6,004 of 6,675
Testing on PC as a USB DAC/amp, soundstage is larger and signature is little more substantial, but there's an audible background hiss while the amp is on before it cuts out after about 10 seconds, and I don't know what settings the ES100 uses on PC besides the sample and bit rate inputted at 16-bit/48khz, 24-bit/48khz outputted, unless most of the app settings save to USB as well?
What headphones are you using with the ES100? I use mine with PC USB connection most of the time and have never heard any hiss. It might be the quality of the usb hub it's connected to. If you can, try using it with a different computer to see if the hiss is at the same volume.

Also, all the app settings do save when using it on a PC. You can still change them with the app while playing from PC as well.

Feb 18, 2020 at 11:43 PM Post #6,005 of 6,675
What headphones are you using with the ES100? I use mine with PC USB connection most of the time and have never heard any hiss. It might be the quality of the usb hub it's connected to. If you can, try using it with a different computer to see if the hiss is at the same volume.

Also, all the app settings do save when using it on a PC. You can still change them with the app while playing from PC as well.
Sennheiser HD 598 Cs.

Feb 19, 2020 at 1:10 PM Post #6,006 of 6,675
Hey guys are there any companies making clips for these to be used on headphones?

Feb 19, 2020 at 1:18 PM Post #6,008 of 6,675
Hey guys are there any companies making clips for these to be used on headphones?

You can velcro it to a headphone. I've done this with 2 different headphones with a very short cable and it works well.

Feb 19, 2020 at 2:51 PM Post #6,009 of 6,675
You can velcro it to a headphone. I've done this with 2 different headphones with a very short cable and it works well.

The Audeze Lcd2 looks like a good candidate with the tabs on either side above the ear piece. Imagine I could velcro the es100 on one side and the Nickle amp on the other. A little project

Feb 20, 2020 at 8:54 PM Post #6,010 of 6,675
I switched back to my FiiO K1 for USB dac, because I get a slightly fuller sound with lower background noise, albeit, the K1 is less detailed than anything I bought in the future, but is just a nice immersive lush sound signature with big soundstage. I'm thinking about buying a USB hub, connect both ES100 and K1 to PC, and just use the audio from my ES100 solely for my phone, keeping it plugged into the PC so the battery never drains while using the battery care feature so it's not charging 100% all day long. Doing this, I can have good audio from both my pc and phone. I also love how the ES100 switches audio almost instantly between phone and computer depending on what's demanding audio playback at the time, with the exception of getting phone notifications and calls while I'm listening to music, startles me sometimes and disturbs my experience. lmao. With using the K1, I can avoid that, and just have my PC dock the ES100 and use my phone for the audio, but I need to use the 10-11' long headphone jack extension cable that came with one of my headphones a while back to connect while I'm away from my PC. Since it's meant to be solely portable, I think the cable will be the only issue, as I cannot leave the room.

Feb 21, 2020 at 4:56 PM Post #6,011 of 6,675
Seems as though the hissing/background noise when using via PC quieted down when the bluetooth connection is disabled between the ES100 and phone. The problem I'm having is the volume is rather low and limited on PC, like it doesn't want to push further when the volume sliders go up, and it's hard to know what the device is doing, and how it's performing without using the app. I'm not sure if the PC volume controls the analog or source, or both, or if the app needs to be used to max out the analog volume to a proper level before using the system volume, and adjusted to what's considered "enough" for PC. I have the device set at -3db which is plenty loud on phone, so I'm not sure if the PC demands more in order to use the system and player volumes correctly because they can be almost maxed out, and the ES100 still sounds like it can't go further. I have the system volume set to 100%, but the player volumes in browsers and apps make less of a difference when increasing.

Feb 22, 2020 at 1:26 PM Post #6,013 of 6,675
Seems as though the hissing/background noise when using via PC quieted down when the bluetooth connection is disabled between the ES100 and phone. The problem I'm having is the volume is rather low and limited on PC, like it doesn't want to push further when the volume sliders go up, and it's hard to know what the device is doing, and how it's performing without using the app. I'm not sure if the PC volume controls the analog or source, or both, or if the app needs to be used to max out the analog volume to a proper level before using the system volume, and adjusted to what's considered "enough" for PC. I have the device set at -3db which is plenty loud on phone, so I'm not sure if the PC demands more in order to use the system and player volumes correctly because they can be almost maxed out, and the ES100 still sounds like it can't go further. I have the system volume set to 100%, but the player volumes in browsers and apps make less of a difference when increasing.

I've used as a USB DAC with a PC and never really noticed alot of hissing or lack of volume. I usually set the app and PC system volumes to 100% and control the volume with the ES100. I do the same when using the ES100 as a bluetooth receiver (which is the way I usually use it). Not sure if that is what you were trying to ask.

I also use easy to drive headphones and IEMs.

Feb 22, 2020 at 3:36 PM Post #6,014 of 6,675
I've used as a USB DAC with a PC and never really noticed alot of hissing or lack of volume. I usually set the app and PC system volumes to 100% and control the volume with the ES100. I do the same when using the ES100 as a bluetooth receiver (which is the way I usually use it). Not sure if that is what you were trying to ask.

I also use easy to drive headphones and IEMs.
If you play a video or song and mute the volume, you may be able to see what I'm talking about.

Feb 25, 2020 at 6:51 AM Post #6,015 of 6,675
Hello everyone! Sorry if this has been asked before (couldn't find it using search function).
I have the Senn HD660s which have the balanced cable terminated to 4.4mm.
In what way can I connect them to the 2.5mm balanced port? Through an adapter? And if so which one?
Is there perhaps a cable that I can use instead of the Sennheiser one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back