Radsone EarStudio ES100
Nov 7, 2019 at 2:33 AM Post #5,583 of 6,675
The list (a rather short list) of criticisms were largely about the exterior, so that makes a lot of sense. It is a bit hilarious to hear folks expecting other upgrades on a .2 update
Esp when the main creator of the ES100 left and is creating the Qudelix 5K.

I love my ES100 though, eliminated any need for a DAP.

Nov 7, 2019 at 3:44 AM Post #5,584 of 6,675
@radsone Is the v2 only available on Amazon.com or do the other Amazon sites also offer the v2?

Nov 7, 2019 at 4:20 AM Post #5,586 of 6,675
It's currently available only in Amazon USA but will soon available in other Amazon markets :)
On other variants of amazon (FR for exemple), how to be sure that we will receive the MK2 version ? by checking new amazon pictures showing "MK2" logo on the new shirt clip?

Nov 7, 2019 at 6:19 AM Post #5,588 of 6,675
@radsone Would we be able to get photos of the two versions next to each other?

Nov 7, 2019 at 7:55 AM Post #5,589 of 6,675
It's currently available only in Amazon USA but will soon available in other Amazon markets :)

What a shame.... You should have let your customers know about the coming change of the device...
I got an ES100 2 weeks ago from Amazon UK. I would have held myself off for a few weeks if it was to receive a better quality cobstructed unit. :thumbsdown::slight_frown:

Nov 7, 2019 at 8:17 AM Post #5,590 of 6,675
What a shame.... You should have let your customers know about the coming change of the device...
I got an ES100 2 weeks ago from Amazon UK. I would have held myself off for a few weeks if it was to receive a better quality cobstructed unit. :thumbsdown::slight_frown:
You have 30 days to return your unit since you receive your product on Amazon, so you can still send it back for a refund and wait for the new revised version :)

Nov 7, 2019 at 2:05 PM Post #5,592 of 6,675
I've been using the ES100 as a DAC for my Windows laptop, and it's nearly unusable. Pops and clicks galore. I actually searched this thread to see if anyone else had experienced this problem, and sure enough a found several posters mentioning it. However, no solution was ever discussed.

I couldn't figure out the problem. I tried changing USB ports, messing with Windows settings, etc. After searching around online, I came across LatencyMon, and sure enough, this program tells me my USB driver and wireless network driver are the likely causes of this problem. However, I'm already using the latest drivers for both of these pieces of hardware. There isn't much I can do here short of disabling my wifi, which isn't an option at all.

I would occasionally experience pops when using my (now deceased) FiiO Q1 MkII, but that only ever happened during high internet traffic (downloading large files at 50Mbps+ speeds). It's so much worse with the ES100. Not sure what to do here unfortunately.

It's not the ES100. The solution will vary with the hardware in your PC. You will need to actually totally disable the wifi adapter to rule it out as a cause. LatencyMon is a great tool to diagnose this.

Look up C states and speed step for your PC. These are power saving measures and can cause USB dropouts.

Nov 7, 2019 at 4:06 PM Post #5,593 of 6,675
I know that ES100 can do "multi-point", which must mean that it can connect to two sources / transmitters simultaneously. But has anyone done that "other way around", one source, two ES100s?

I just ordered another headphones (K712), and ES100 to make either them or my old headphones (HD598) wireless. Actually AKGs and ES100 were supposed to arrive today, but postal service has some problems due to snow (it surprises them every year). Now I'm thinking of ordering another ES100, and turn both headphones wireless, so they could be used, simultaneously, when watching movies with missus late at night. All I need is a transmitter that would be able to do that, transmit to two receivers at the same time, right?

This is what I wrote to another audio forum (and yeah, I do not, yet, have 2 ES100s, but most likely will soon have):

--------------------

Hi,

BT transmitter/receiver (w/ Apt-X HD) for old A/V-receiver?

Trying to keep my old workhorses alive for a year or two more, before upgrading the whole system.. I'd like to add Bluetooth, and some advice is needed.
I have:

old plasma TV (Panasonic TX-P50ST50Y) that has HDMI and Optical audio out -> HDMI to AV-Receiver.
Even older Denon AVR-1909 A/V-receiver
Only 2-channel audio at the moment (1 pair of speakers)
2 headphones (Sennheiser HD598 and AKG K-712)
2 Radsone Earstudio ES100 (that I used to make headphones wireless for listening music I "stream" from my (Apt-X HD / LDAC compatible) mobile phone). Earstudios are attached to headphones with some Velcro and short cable.

Only phone -> headphones (1 at the time) connection is wireless at the moment. Phone is uncapable of transmitting to two receivers simultaneously.

I'd like to be able to

1) Stream music from my phone to Denon, so I think I'd need Apt-X HD / LDAC compatible Bluetooth receiver for Denon.

2) Stream TV's sound via Denon to my "wireless" headphones. To both simultaneously if somehow possible. So I think I'd need a Apt-X HD / LDAC compatible Bluetooth transmitter for Denon, and that transmitter would have to be able to connect simultaneously to both ES100 receivers..

3) It'd be a huge plus if Bluetooth receiver had built in decent DAC.

Does a gadget with this kind of functionality, and decent price tag, exist, and if, which one would you suggest? (Anything expensive, lets say more than few hundred, is out of the question, because my upcoming AV-receiver will anyway have BT)

Or does this sound so stupid that I should just save some more dough and buy a new A/V-receiver that could handle everything I'm trying to do here.. I just would not like to buy it this soon (moving to a new house within few years, and I'm going to anyway build a whole new system when I do).

Thanks!

--------------------

Any suggestions are welcome!

Nov 7, 2019 at 8:24 PM Post #5,594 of 6,675
On other variants of amazon (FR for exemple), how to be sure that we will receive the MK2 version ? by checking new amazon pictures showing "MK2" logo on the new shirt clip?
Amazon listing for countries other than USA automatically changed to MK2. We currently asked Amazon to modify it. We are very sorry for the inconvenience and will let you know when MK2 is available in markets other than USA.

Nov 7, 2019 at 8:30 PM Post #5,595 of 6,675
@radsone Would we be able to get photos of the two versions next to each other?

Sure, please refer to the image below.

uFHzaUoV4DVfUSoaWmqwvOQsW1sn6vY8dlAle6wbgKR-kG-EMGf7uW6Ri6P4F-ZfUlkhovXGz7T65-VDuTtEZykdNwGJEQjDKB4FHH2fuTWLh8Od1-aWckRsoeK6Zd77j11vLxHd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back