Radsone EarStudio ES100
Jun 6, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #4,772 of 6,675
In germany they are out of stock since 1-2 months i had luck i get one of the last

Jun 6, 2019 at 10:12 PM Post #4,773 of 6,675
I just got the es100 and I'm noticing that whenever I adjust the volume on the device it doesn't reflect on the ios app. Am I looking in the wrong app section (Home), or does the volume from the device just not show.

Jun 6, 2019 at 11:32 PM Post #4,774 of 6,675
I just got the es100 and I'm noticing that whenever I adjust the volume on the device it doesn't reflect on the ios app. Am I looking in the wrong app section (Home), or does the volume from the device just not show.
It does not shoe you have adjust the volume onnthe device or app

Jun 7, 2019 at 2:32 AM Post #4,775 of 6,675
It works for me. When I press the volume buttons on the ES100, the Analog Volume indicator in the iOS EarStudio app changes. When I press the volume buttons on the phone, the Source Volume indicator in the app changes. Also behaves the same with the Android EarStudio app (I have both types of phones).

Does your ES100 have the latest firmware (v2.02)? In the app, open the main menu (icon at top left) and select F/W REVISION HISTORY.

Jun 7, 2019 at 5:19 AM Post #4,776 of 6,675
We are excited to announce that we have new products coming out soon.

In the next quarter, we will introduce true high-resolution earphones fully reproducing up to 40kHz.

In the following quarter, high-resolution Bluetooth integrated amp and USB DAC will be launched.

Hmm the Bluetooth USB amp do sound really interestesing! Could use the ES100/simular products and use them wireless with your PC.

https://www.radsone.com/post/radson...QmN3bFM_HUs_LlWQ4y8hDU6NJdBbU2Ml5gJZg1ekYPqOE

Jun 7, 2019 at 6:09 AM Post #4,777 of 6,675

In the next quarter, we will introduce true high-resolution earphones fully reproducing up to 40kHz.

In the following quarter, high-resolution Bluetooth integrated amp and USB DAC will be launched.

Hmm the Bluetooth USB amp do sound really interestesing! Could use the ES100/simular products and use them wireless with your PC.

https://www.radsone.com/post/radson...QmN3bFM_HUs_LlWQ4y8hDU6NJdBbU2Ml5gJZg1ekYPqOE
Exciting times!

That announcement is quite impenetrable for now though. The USB DAC is probably the rumored ES200, and not a miniature format like the ES100.
But the Bluetooth integrated amp? Could that be the ES100 upgrade we’d all love to see? Or maybe it will be a bigger format too. More like iFi’s xCAN.

I’d love for Radsone to leverage their extraordinary advancements in BT tech to launch true wireless iems some day.

Jun 7, 2019 at 6:10 AM Post #4,778 of 6,675

Cannot wait to buy their next product. I love, love, love my ES100.

Jun 7, 2019 at 2:40 PM Post #4,779 of 6,675
Interesting to see Radsone introduce an earphone. It is such a fiercely competitive market but they may have something unique to offer.
The USB DAC is probably the rumored ES200, and not a miniature format like the ES100.
The ES200 is also miniature format (about the same size as ES100). Radsone showed a prototype at an audio show last year and posted photos on Facebook.
But the Bluetooth integrated amp? Could that be the ES100 upgrade we’d all love to see?
An "integrated amp" is usually for desktop usage and has an amp for driving loudspeakers. It is probably an integrated amp with Bluetooth as one of its inputs.

Jun 8, 2019 at 4:10 AM Post #4,781 of 6,675
I'm really wondering if I should get this, or wait for the Fiio Q5S? Anyone have any opinions about which they prefer and why?

They are obviously different size so a different use case scenario. Build quality will be different too.

For me ES100 is not perfect but is good enough, especially in USB DAC mode using 48kbit mode with macOS. If my iPhone had a decent built in DAC (and a headphone jack obviously) I'd never bought the ES100.

Jun 8, 2019 at 4:30 AM Post #4,783 of 6,675
Does anyone know how I can reduce the audio lag on youtube (YT through an app on iPhone). It's not massive, roughly 0.5 sec but it's annoying.
In earstudio app: tap the input icon in the top left corner. Set buffer to your liking.

Jun 8, 2019 at 9:29 AM Post #4,784 of 6,675
Does anyone know how I can reduce the audio lag on youtube (YT through an app on iPhone). It's not massive, roughly 0.5 sec but it's annoying.
What I am really missing from the ES100 is aptX Low Latency. Also I really don't understand why it was not implemented in Android togehther with the bunch of other Codecs. I have to use a Samsung Level Link receiver dongle instead of the ES100 for video watching.

Jun 8, 2019 at 9:32 AM Post #4,785 of 6,675
What I am really missing from the ES100 is aptX Low Latency. Also I really don't understand why it was not implemented in Android togehther with the bunch of other Codecs. I have to use a Samsung Level Link receiver dongle instead of the ES100 for video watching.
I dont notice any latency on ldac but i notice a big sound quality difference between aptx and ldac

Users who are viewing this thread

Back