Radsone EarStudio ES100
Jun 3, 2019 at 7:39 PM Post #4,741 of 6,675
ES100 for me, is superb as is. Just would like to have automated shut down if there is no BT audio for a while; this option should be selected via the app.

Mine shuts down by itself if nothing is connected to it even though there isn't such option on the app. Also, i noticed a few bugs when trying to change songs or volume in ambient mode. Like the thing freezes up and needs a reset by plugging it into the charger. Weird but not a dealbreaker as ambient mode is kinda like a novelty feature for me

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2019 at 7:15 AM Post #4,742 of 6,675
So I literally learned about this product in the last half an hour and it sounds like a dream from everything I've learned in my quick scramble to skim through reviews. I am also on an S10 (Plus, Snapdragon). How does music sound from the ES100 compared to straight out of the phone?

I have S10+ .

You will never use the headphone jack on the phone again ... :)

Jun 4, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #4,743 of 6,675
I have S10+ .

You will never use the headphone jack on the phone again ... :)

Same here with my Oneplus 3T. No regrets!

Jun 4, 2019 at 4:17 PM Post #4,744 of 6,675
Anybody running this with the ATH M50s? That's probably what I'll be using initially so I'm wondering how well it drives them. (Total noob here when it comes to impedance and all that). I just see the specification of "3.5mm Unbalanced: 1.1Vp @ 16Ohm" for the ES100, and the M50s have an impedance of 38 ohms.

Jun 4, 2019 at 6:14 PM Post #4,745 of 6,675
Hell, I like the sound of the ES100 way way more than my LG G7 quad omgdac whatever. Fact, I havent heard something I actually like more.. yet.

Jun 4, 2019 at 7:33 PM Post #4,746 of 6,675
Anybody running this with the ATH M50s? That's probably what I'll be using initially so I'm wondering how well it drives them. (Total noob here when it comes to impedance and all that). I just see the specification of "3.5mm Unbalanced: 1.1Vp @ 16Ohm" for the ES100, and the M50s have an impedance of 38 ohms.

It will drive your M50s just fine. I've played with harder to drive cans than that and they've done just fine.

Jun 5, 2019 at 3:44 AM Post #4,748 of 6,675
The ES100 with the new Fiio FH7 is a bliss. Overall better than the FH5.

I just got the fh7 and fa7.Im using them straight from my samsung s9+ and the ipad pro 11.5 with chord mojo.The chord mojo is good,but not good as an portable device (the cable gets loose,lots of electric noise when moving it).I have looked at the fiio m11,but then i have another big device dragging around.I had the pioneer xdp 100r before,and it was poor battery life and outdated system.Maybe the es100 could be something.Bluetooth can be great when traveling or walking outside.Dont know if you are into samsung mobiles,but wondering if the es100 is better than samsung s9 and headphone jack output?

Jun 5, 2019 at 4:20 AM Post #4,749 of 6,675
Tried the Sundara and LCD2C closed on this, unbalanced 3.5mm, analogue volume on full +6db overdrive, 2x current mode.
Both could go loud at about 80% phone volume Sundara and 60% on the Audeze. The Sundara is more to my preference.
Anyone has experience with Aeon Flow closed?

The Sundara makes the Mountains track from Interstellar sound effortless.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2019 at 5:49 AM Post #4,750 of 6,675
I just got the fh7 and fa7.Im using them straight from my samsung s9+ and the ipad pro 11.5 with chord mojo.The chord mojo is good,but not good as an portable device (the cable gets loose,lots of electric noise when moving it).I have looked at the fiio m11,but then i have another big device dragging around.I had the pioneer xdp 100r before,and it was poor battery life and outdated system.Maybe the es100 could be something.Bluetooth can be great when traveling or walking outside.Dont know if you are into samsung mobiles,but wondering if the es100 is better than samsung s9 and headphone jack output?
I tried out the Mojo, had the xdp-100r and a S7E (but I guess they’ve made progress since then - or rather their chip provider has). Honestly for “travelling or walking outside”, especially if a DAP seems like too much bulk? Sell the Mojo and get the ES100.

Jun 5, 2019 at 5:52 AM Post #4,751 of 6,675

The ES100 (balance output) sounds much better than my S10 single ended audio output, even when tweaking the Samsung advanced audio settings.
Listening to Tidal/UAPP via LDAC at highest bit-rate.

Chord Mojo (UAPP bit-perfect) is on its own league.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2019 at 9:22 AM Post #4,753 of 6,675
The ES100 (balance output) sounds much better than my S10 single ended audio output, even when tweaking the Samsung advanced audio settings.
Listening to Tidal/UAPP via LDAC at highest bit-rate.

Chord Mojo (UAPP bit-perfect) is on its own league.
do you get stuttering when using highest bit-rate mode?

Jun 5, 2019 at 9:28 AM Post #4,754 of 6,675
do you get stuttering when using highest bit-rate mode?

I use it always at highest bit rate and never had a problem (I keep ES100 always near my phone).

Jun 5, 2019 at 9:30 AM Post #4,755 of 6,675
Yes I do experince shuttering on my S10, but turning off Location (in settings) improves things quite a bit. Not even a glitch while screen is off.
Still while driving I have to set to 660 kbs and then Location can be on.

Hope samsung will address that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back