Radsone EarStudio ES100
Jun 5, 2019 at 10:12 AM Post #4,756 of 6,675
Got my 2.5 cabale today i get a warning it could damage my headphone and es100 when i use 2.5 x2 whit low impedance headphones

So i better dont use it whit my t2 in 2x mode ?

Jun 5, 2019 at 10:16 AM Post #4,757 of 6,675
Got my 2.5 cabale today i get a warning it could damage my headphone and es100 when i use 2.5 x2 whit low impedance headphones

So i better dont use it whit my t2 in 2x mode ?

If you don't notice any improvement regarding SQ, I'd better let it at 1x.

Jun 5, 2019 at 10:19 AM Post #4,758 of 6,675
If you don't notice any improvement regarding SQ, I'd better let it at 1x.
Not really but there is a nice sq improvment compared to 3.5 more clarity more power more details"i can hear people breath" :gs1000smile::gs1000smile::gs1000smile:

Jun 5, 2019 at 7:55 PM Post #4,760 of 6,675
I use it always at highest bit rate and never had a problem (I keep ES100 always near my phone).

Yes I do experince shuttering on my S10, but turning off Location (in settings) improves things quite a bit. Not even a glitch while screen is off.
Still while driving I have to set to 660 kbs and then Location can be on.

Hope samsung will address that.

Do you guys hear much difference in highest mode vs adaptive?

I have S8+ and can't walk outside with highest mode on because of the stuttering

Jun 5, 2019 at 8:35 PM Post #4,761 of 6,675
Do you guys hear much difference in highest mode vs adaptive?

I have S8+ and can't walk outside with highest mode on because of the stuttering

If you walk outside in adaptive, sound should be more stable but quality should decrease to maintain connection. If source and ES100 are close, without barriers like walls that can affect BT signal, both modes should play at highest quality if I'm not wrong. Honestly, I find adaptive to be perfect in most situations, but I like to use always highest quality anyway.

Jun 5, 2019 at 9:03 PM Post #4,762 of 6,675
If you walk outside in adaptive, sound should be more stable but quality should decrease to maintain connection. If source and ES100 are close, without barriers like walls that can affect BT signal, both modes should play at highest quality if I'm not wrong. Honestly, I find adaptive to be perfect in most situations, but I like to use always highest quality anyway.

I'd use the highest mode too if I don't have to keep changing it everytime I reconnect ES100 :frowning2:

Jun 5, 2019 at 9:25 PM Post #4,763 of 6,675
I'd use the highest mode too if I don't have to keep changing it everytime I reconnect ES100 :frowning2:

Yes, it is a nuisance. I think it is because Android system limitations, but I'm used to do it before connecting ES100 and it holds up for the whole session.

Jun 6, 2019 at 1:02 AM Post #4,765 of 6,675
Don't know if this is specific to my Amazon account but when I went to finalize the purchase of this today there was a 10% coupon waiting to be added from the product page. I've had it sitting in my cart for a couple days so perhaps that's why, for anybody else looking to buy this who doesn't see the coupon. As if $99 isn't already a steal for all you seem to get with this product...

Jun 6, 2019 at 7:18 AM Post #4,766 of 6,675
I saw on the iSine thread where Anker came out with a female lightning to USB C male adapter. This got me to thinking about a way to connect a Cipher cable to the ES100. Been looking for a female USB C to male 2.5mm or 3.5mm. Don't think anything is available yet for this. I'm hoping someone comes out with a female lighting to male 2.5/3.5 adapter which would enable a Cipher to ES100 (or any DAP) connection. If anyone has discovered a way to use a Cipher cable with the ES100 (that doesn't involve a soldering iron LOL), please share.

Jun 6, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #4,767 of 6,675
Hi guys

Some spare questions:

- Is it an upgrade in sound quality compared to my iPhone 6?
- When I pair this with my iPhone 6 can I control the volume with my phone?
- Unbalanced, there is a noticeable difference between hi-power and standard mode? I would like to drive my 58x

Thanks!

Jun 6, 2019 at 1:46 PM Post #4,768 of 6,675
I saw on the iSine thread where Anker came out with a female lightning to USB C male adapter. This got me to thinking about a way to connect a Cipher cable to the ES100. Been looking for a female USB C to male 2.5mm or 3.5mm. Don't think anything is available yet for this. I'm hoping someone comes out with a female lighting to male 2.5/3.5 adapter which would enable a Cipher to ES100 (or any DAP) connection. If anyone has discovered a way to use a Cipher cable with the ES100 (that doesn't involve a soldering iron LOL), please share.
The ES100 doesn't have digital output, making it impossible to use directly with a Cipher cable. What you're suggesting would require an extra A to D conversion (which will be questionable quality) and very undesirable. If you want Bluetooth to iSine, the best option is to get Audeze's Cipher Bluetooth cable.

Jun 6, 2019 at 1:57 PM Post #4,769 of 6,675
Hi guys

Some spare questions:

- Is it an upgrade in sound quality compared to my iPhone 6?
Absolutely -- I think the ES100 is one of the best-sounding devices you can get for on-the-go.
- When I pair this with my iPhone 6 can I control the volume with my phone?
Yes, but you can also control the volume from the ES100. I usually keep my source volume high and control it from the device.
- Unbalanced, there is a noticeable difference between hi-power and standard mode? I would like to drive my 58x
Yes. I think the Jubilees sound fantastic from the EarStudio and I usually keep it on 2x current for my unbalanced gear. But then again, I traded up for a balanced cable and run them that way (you can find them for not too much on AliX).
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back