Radsone EarStudio ES100
Jan 7, 2019 at 3:55 PM Post #3,736 of 6,675
Hmm weird...on Samsung's website it lists the Note 4 as having the following audio codecs: MP3, AAC/AAC+/eAAC+, WMA, AMR-NB/WB, Vorbis, FLAC(*)
(*) Ultra High Quality Audio (~192KHz, 24 bit) support
I saw that web page, but I think it's wrong because it doesn't match with other information on the web (including elsewhere on Samsung's website). It looks like the Note 4 only has SBC and aptX codecs.

Jan 7, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #3,737 of 6,675
I saw that web page, but I think it's wrong because it doesn't match with other information on the web (including elsewhere on Samsung's website). It looks like the Note 4 only has SBC and aptX codecs.
That's good to know that it's not a problem with the ES100's then.

Jan 7, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #3,738 of 6,675
Jan 8, 2019 at 12:01 AM Post #3,739 of 6,675
Has anyone tried comparing the sound sig of this with the new Fiio M6? I might give my ES100 up

Jan 8, 2019 at 9:25 AM Post #3,740 of 6,675
Has anyone tried comparing the sound sig of this with the new Fiio M6? I might give my ES100 up

My ES100 just passed away :frowning2: sound is distorting and the only option is an out of warranty repair. I'm thinking the same exact thing -- or maybe even springing for the M9.

Jan 8, 2019 at 11:02 AM Post #3,741 of 6,675
Just want to share that the LDAC codec streaming from my Samsung S7Edge with Exynos chipset seems to be very stable on the ES100 (v2.0.2 firmware) without any dropout or glitches. I'm truly enjoying the sound with my Sennheiser HD600 connected to the balanced output at 2x Voltage at 24 bit 96kHz with EQ turned off. Never thought something as small as the ES100 can perform so well with the HD600. I'm very impressed.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2019 at 12:08 PM Post #3,742 of 6,675
Latest FW update causing terrible battery drain and I can’t revert....it’s almost down a % per minute.

Jan 8, 2019 at 12:26 PM Post #3,744 of 6,675
My ES100 just passed away :frowning2: sound is distorting and the only option is an out of warranty repair. I'm thinking the same exact thing -- or maybe even springing for the M9.
What does “distorting” mean? I posted earlier that I’m getting some awful feedback when my plug twists. Realized yesterday I can cause same behaviour by putting a bit of pressure on the top of the face of the device. Tried cleaning but no luck.

Jan 8, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #3,745 of 6,675
fuzzy noise, volume-is-blown-out type of thing. Seems to impact all my headphones/IEMs at any volume level. I still hear music though. I have no idea what caused it -- didn't recently make any firmware changes (until I started troubleshooting) it didn't come in contact with water, and wasn't dropped.

Happened totally at random. I don't really want to buy another since the new Fiio M line and Shanlings are so tiny now and use USB C. It's too bad there isn't a 2.0 of this with USB C and maybe a sturdier frame.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #3,746 of 6,675
Just want to share that the LDAC codec streaming on my Samsung S7Edge with Exynos chipset seems to be very stable on the ES100 without any dropout or glitches. I'm truly enjoying the sound with my Sennheiser HD600 connected to the balanced output at 2x Voltage at 24 bit 96kHz with EQ turned off. Never thought something as small as the ES100 can perform so well with the HD600. I'm very impressed.

Exactly same way I'm using it (except for the HD600) with same good results (RedMI Note 5 636 snapdragon). LDAC stable without problems too, but have to say that if I'm wearing phone in my front right pocket pants and ES100 in the back left one, the signal is not very stable. It seems that my body can effectively affect the Bluetooth connection.
On the other hand I can leave my phone unattended in my bedroom and go to wc with ES100 (5m and two walls away) without problem.
I suppose that it can be affected by settings if LDAC fixed in better quality.

No battery drain issues with app's new version .

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #3,747 of 6,675
Anyone else got problems with the balanced output? I didn't use it for a while and today when i tried it didn't work.
Also when i change output it always work with the 3.5 output even when i choose balanced, and after the update i cant use the volume control from the app.

Jan 8, 2019 at 1:41 PM Post #3,748 of 6,675
Anyone else got problems with the balanced output? I didn't use it for a while and today when i tried it didn't work.
Also when i change output it always work with the 3.5 output even when i choose balanced, and after the update i cant use the volume control from the app.

Since several others are not having these problems with the update... I wonder if the firmware did not load properly?

Is it posssible to try reloading the newest version again? (Might have to load previous version first to do this?) Just an idea...

Jan 8, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #3,749 of 6,675
I saw that issue (not detecting 2.5 mm after unplugging 3.5 mm) yesterday, on Version 2.0.1 firmware, but with app 1.9.1. It went away when I updated the firmware to Version 2.0.2.
I'll bet it's a conflict between the older firmware and the newer app.
I wonder why they changed the power-on time back to 2 seconds? I preferred the short-press turn-on from Version 2.0.1 - that's why I put off updating the firmware this week.
By the way, version history for 1.9.1 says they "fixed volume control bug".

Jan 8, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #3,750 of 6,675
Woah -- I didn't realize people were having issues with balanced out. THAT is what I use and gives me this weird distortion. I haven't actually tried single ended lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back