Radsone EarStudio ES100
Jan 3, 2019 at 3:57 AM Post #3,676 of 6,675
Last edited:
Jan 3, 2019 at 4:03 AM Post #3,677 of 6,675
Anybody else notice this update has made the Radson app a resource hog? I'm using an LG V20 and since the update, I have gotten sporadic stalls and music just stops... I seems like its only when the new EQ settings are enabled? Still testing but I don't remember the app taking up 400MB+ of ram before.
I don't notice this at all. What app do you use to check RAM? When I look in settings -> apps -> earstudio it says "No memory has been used in the last 3h" not very telling and also a lie :D
Using Pixel 2

Jan 3, 2019 at 4:04 AM Post #3,678 of 6,675
C5029EAE-5E59-469C-88E9-1FC09E384D3A.png
Just want to ask how do you find the sounding of both device? I'm leaning towards warm which is I'm considering the Sony NW-A55 initially and an EarStudio ES100, if not I'm thinking getting the Fiio M9. I'll be coming from xDuoo X3. Thanks!

I find the FiiO M9, ES100 & Bose QC20 excellent together

I find myself using the eq to brighten (so you should be fine for warmth) here is my eq curve. (I am 58 and know I have some upper register hearing loss)

Jan 3, 2019 at 2:21 PM Post #3,679 of 6,675
I don't notice this at all. What app do you use to check RAM? When I look in settings -> apps -> earstudio it says "No memory has been used in the last 3h" not very telling and also a lie :D
Using Pixel 2

I checked the ram usage the same way you described.. It might be that I just recently upgraded to Oreo and I'm noticing some sluggish behavior... I was also using the app for about an hour straight after the software and firmware update, tweaking the new EQ to my liking.. If it continues to happen I will report back..

Jan 3, 2019 at 8:20 PM Post #3,680 of 6,675
Oh snap. Need more IEMS. .

Forgot to try the AKG's that came with my note9. Been using my B&O H3's which are just mellow and complacent what ever you throw at it. The AKG's have the bass I was needing. Hoping the mids get sharper as I break them in.

Btw, anybody use use ambient mode? I read it sucks. As I was programming EQ for the AKG's I tried ambient mode. I was wondering why there was a mic setting. You can spy on peeps in the subway and library yo.

Jan 3, 2019 at 8:42 PM Post #3,681 of 6,675
Is anyone getting an annoying sound when there is some contact with the ES100 during operation?
For example i clip it to my belt and when my shirt rubs against the unit, I can hear the rubbing sound. Or if I rub my fingers against the unit, the sound transmitted is unbearable(done as an experiment).
It disappears about a few seconds after I switch off the unit or when I stop the unit.

Edit: Turns out Ambient sound is on.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2019 at 10:42 PM Post #3,685 of 6,675
Forgive me for not seeing it, but did we lose EQ presets in the latest update? I only used one anyway, but thought I'd ask. Here is a screenshot of my EQ page.

Y4nsLXf.jpg
That freaked me out at first, too. Hit the stack icon at the top, and voila - presets (and I could be wrong, but I think there are a couple more). Hit it again to go back to that screen if you want to tweak.

Jan 4, 2019 at 3:35 AM Post #3,687 of 6,675
I haven't upgraded but I like the 4 custom eq boxes. Do you get more with the upgrade?
My 4 custom eq's are

Bose QC 20'
Car
Bluetooth speaker for shower
Sennheiser HD580

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2019 at 5:00 AM Post #3,688 of 6,675
I find this device not very good as a pre amp for my Yamaha (R-S 700) amplifier receiver, its not as loud as it should be. As a headphone amp, it is wonderful.

Jan 4, 2019 at 9:51 AM Post #3,690 of 6,675
Press the three lines in the upper left corner

The presets getting buried is not a great solution to clean up the main EQ screen.
1. This causes extra clicks to get to the presets, which is where many users want to go first with EQ
2. You cannot see the impact of the preset changes any longer on the fly without toggling between screens, going back and forth, back and forth.

@wslee, this is an amazing app with tonnes of functionality, so it's not a complaint. Radsone has developed an amazing product, listens to its users and constantly improves the product (Bluetooth 5.0, LDAC, etc). It's simply intended to be constructive criticism.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back