Radsone EarStudio ES100
Jan 2, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #3,661 of 6,675
I'm testing the new FW + app right now and it feels better with 2 second power button.
Other than that i see a few changes in the app. Ofc new EQ and more presets available but also a small change to the over sampling buttons.

Big thanks to Radsone as usual!

Funny side note: I'm looking to get a DAP but i have to pay so much to step up from ES100s sound signature that im thinking there is no point in spending the big bucks for a DAP.
The ES100 is a great dac-amp already. you will really need to spend like 3-4 times more to get a good DAP that challenges the ES100 (my Fiio X5iii plus A5 amp surpases the ES100 in dynamics and sound quality by a 15-20% more less) But is quite a heavy bundle and the screen / interfase isnt as polished as my S9+
Only if you have really hard to drive headphones, a amp could help them

Jan 2, 2019 at 11:44 AM Post #3,662 of 6,675
i'm experiencing the distortion/static/nails on a chalkboard sound when my balanced cable plug twists. i've tried compressed air into both the 3.5 and 2.5mm jacks, and cleaned the plug itself. anyone else experienced? Any advice?

also, any chance this can damage my iems? it's a loud blast of (awful) sound.

Jan 2, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #3,663 of 6,675
i'm experiencing the distortion/static/nails on a chalkboard sound when my balanced cable plug twists. i've tried compressed air into both the 3.5 and 2.5mm jacks, and cleaned the plug itself. anyone else experienced? Any advice?

Suspect air alone will do little to clean the contact surfaces.

Perhaps try spraying the male earphone jack with electrical contact cleaner, then insert and twist, insert and remove several times. See if that cleans any oil or oxidation from the contacts. For example:
673ddb7e-de6d-49d2-82ae-237d795d78ff_1.0627824718334cbb20fb2ac657ef63ed.jpeg
e0907f85-73f7-419f-877f-ce887a73826b_1.ff56506b29b104c79e545d56b41ac8f8.jpeg

If cleaning does not work, try another earphone to make sure it;s the jack and not a cable of erphone issue.
And lastly, maybe the solder joints of the jack have loosened. If moving the earphone jack to one side can give good clean sound, then solder joint may be bad, or the jjack itself is damaged or lose. In these case the ES100 will need to be opened for repair. (At cell phone repair shop..) Or maybe sent back for repair.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #3,664 of 6,675

Plug, unplug, plug, twist the jack around a bit a few times, then repeat the whole process for a minute or two.

Jan 2, 2019 at 12:35 PM Post #3,665 of 6,675
I received the ES100 about a month plus ago and have been very happy with the Bluetooth wireless sound quality. I've since upgraded to the v2.01 firmware and noticed that the Bluetooth connection is not as strong as v1.42. I noticed quite a few ES100 users here are also experiencing the same. I hope Radsone will release a new firmware to fix this soon. I'm sure this important fix will put the ES100 back at the top spot for Bluetooth DAC/AMP.

Mine has been fine on v2... Were those complaints in this thread? I've not seen them, barely saw any comments about 2.01 at all.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #3,668 of 6,675
I cannot find download link for firmware Version 1.4.2 on radsone website - can anyone help please?
Seems like they removed it... Found the dropbox link via Facebook but that link is also broken. I guess to avoid to brick devices on 2.0+.

Jan 2, 2019 at 4:17 PM Post #3,670 of 6,675
Wow nice, we now have Q factor adjustment in the EQ. Is this a step towards a fully parametric EQ? It would be very nice to have per-band adjustments for frequency, gain, and Q. @wslee, if you're listening... :ksc75smile:

Jan 2, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #3,672 of 6,675
Anybody else notice this update has made the Radson app a resource hog? I'm using an LG V20 and since the update, I have gotten sporadic stalls and music just stops... I seems like its only when the new EQ settings are enabled? Still testing but I don't remember the app taking up 400MB+ of ram before.

Jan 2, 2019 at 6:11 PM Post #3,675 of 6,675
I'm testing the new FW + app right now and it feels better with 2 second power button.
Other than that i see a few changes in the app. Ofc new EQ and more presets available but also a small change to the over sampling buttons.

Big thanks to Radsone as usual!

Funny side note: I'm looking to get a DAP but i have to pay so much to step up from ES100s sound signature that im thinking there is no point in spending the big bucks for a DAP.

Well, last night I did comparison between LGV20 and ES100. For portability and a one and done experience the ES100 wins. Sadly my LGV20 has more oomph too so it wins there, pushing my headphones to a respectable level. But for wireless anywhere anytime and a smooth desirable sound it is hard to beat the ES100, especially when many phones are dropping the jack. LGv20 makes a great DAP though.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back