Radsone EarStudio ES100
Dec 27, 2018 at 5:37 PM Post #3,617 of 6,675
I've done several times through development options in my RedMI Note 5, but it changes to adaptive again when the audio source stops (not sure is it's the reason, but very often)

Still not sure if it really keeps on best quality settings when connection is weak.
Did you re-pair after changing the setting? I think some settings only affect pre-pair.... honestly haven't played with them so not sure if this is one of them

Dec 27, 2018 at 5:40 PM Post #3,618 of 6,675
But any other Bluetooth dongle I’ve tried with my iPhone is lag free when watching movies. Its only the radson that lags.
Do you know if the other adapters is using AAC? SBC is the bog standard codec present on ALL devices - it is lower latency

Dec 27, 2018 at 5:41 PM Post #3,619 of 6,675
One can block aac and it will use SBC. It's low latency.

I was using SBC with TV and there was noticiable lag too.

Did you re-pair after changing the setting? I think some settings only affect pre-pair.... honestly haven't played with them so not sure if this is one of them

Thanks. Tried a couple of times but no luck. Need some time to play with too.

Dec 27, 2018 at 5:56 PM Post #3,621 of 6,675
Tried again with TV. Nothing changed. This time, near 0 lag. Maybe had to do with the streaming in the very pairing session, don't know.
Screenshot_2018-12-27-23-55-27-640_com.radsone.earstudio.png

Dec 28, 2018 at 12:20 AM Post #3,622 of 6,675
I've connected ES100 to Samsung UE49KS7000 and the lag is noticeable.
As a curiosity, after connecting ES100 to TV, it is possible to turn smartphone's Bluetooth on and use the app while listening to the TV

Yeah that's by design, the BT connection (now 5.0 as of the latest update) for interacting with the app is independent of the BT connection or profile (2.1/EDR as per A2DP spec) used for audio. You can do it with other hardware combinations and a phone as well, somewhat useful if you use the EQ a lot.

I've done several times through development options in my RedMI Note 5, but it changes to adaptive again when the audio source stops (not sure is it's the reason, but very often)

Still not sure if it really keeps on best quality settings when connection is weak.

AFAIK on the latter version of Android (Pie, I don't think this was the case with Oreo but don't hold me to that) you're not supposed to use the dev options for this and them resetting on each connection is by design.

The standard Bluetooth settings page should be exposing the different codec options for you and they'll stick thru reconnects if set there, but different OEM might be screwing with how that's presented (or not) as well as what codecs are available.

My only experience is with Pixels unfortunately...

Dec 28, 2018 at 3:56 AM Post #3,623 of 6,675
Regarding the audio lag in movies. So i unticked the AAC and the lag was reduced a lot compared to before, there is still a lesser delay in audio in movies, but not as how it was before.. Will the removing of AAC affect the sound quality on music on my iPhone XS Max? Should i remove any other codecs to get a lower lag in audio delays?

This is my current settings:

MXahjld.png

Dec 28, 2018 at 2:21 PM Post #3,625 of 6,675
Not sure but the device I used before radson is the sony sbh 65
I have a Sony SBH 65 and it only has SBC codec
Will the removing of AAC affect the sound quality on music on my iPhone XS Max?
Yes, AAC provides better sound quality than SBC and removing it will affect music listening. iPhone only uses these two codecs and removing others won't make a difference.

Try using a smaller buffer and see if it helps with the lag. You can keep decreasing the buffer until you discover at what level it affects maintaining a steady Bluetooth stream for your circumstances.

Dec 29, 2018 at 3:12 AM Post #3,626 of 6,675
Does anybody know if ES100 is good for watching movies? I am thinking to get a bluetooth transmitter for my TV and watch netflix using my HD600. However, I am not sure if the latency will be acceptable or not because there is no APTX-LL support on ES100.
Radsone could probably implement the standard in a future update. Having said that, my ES100 is on It's way, so I have no experience with it.
I do however own an old Samsung HS3000 and a more recent Bluewave Get, and I haven't noticed any latency problems... and I watch 5+ hours of YouTube, movies and TV shows each day.

Dec 29, 2018 at 12:21 PM Post #3,627 of 6,675
Question about the EQ.

On the Sony 1000xm3 headphones, engaging the Sony Headphone app eq disengages LDAC (or downgrades it's quality)

Does using EQ on the ES100 interfere or downgrade the LDAC quality?

Thanks.

Dec 30, 2018 at 2:18 AM Post #3,628 of 6,675
I received the ES100 about a month plus ago and have been very happy with the Bluetooth wireless sound quality. I've since upgraded to the v2.01 firmware and noticed that the Bluetooth connection is not as strong as v1.42. I noticed quite a few ES100 users here are also experiencing the same. I hope Radsone will release a new firmware to fix this soon. I'm sure this important fix will put the ES100 back at the top spot for Bluetooth DAC/AMP.

Dec 30, 2018 at 2:26 AM Post #3,629 of 6,675
Ooh. I struggled to do the upgrade. I think I will wait now until I hear more positive news about it. Thanks.

Dec 30, 2018 at 2:29 AM Post #3,630 of 6,675
Just got one of these as a gift! Guess I'm holding off on firmware updates for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back