Radsone EarStudio ES100
Dec 27, 2018 at 8:31 AM Post #3,601 of 6,675
Does anyone know why theres 1-2 sec lag of the sound when watching videos (plex / youtube) when using the radsone? Kinda annoying when the sound is 1-2 seconds behind. I have tried to add the Bluetooth delay to 0 (from 7), but that doesnt seem to fix the problem. Im using the iPhone XS Max wi

Dec 27, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #3,602 of 6,675
there is a new product coming but it is not a bluetooth receiver like the ES100 so no mk2 for now

Thanks.

I was originally trying to decide between ES100 and BTR3 and now the Shanling M0 has also been bought to my attention.

Both LDAC and APTX-LL are important factors as I would like to be able to use headphones to listen to CD quality audio and watch TV with synced audio.

Has anyone experienced using M0 and ESS100 and able to offer comparison in terms of sound quality using LDAC and APTX-LL ?
Battery times with LDAC ?

Dec 27, 2018 at 10:32 AM Post #3,603 of 6,675
Thanks.

I was originally trying to decide between ES100 and BTR3 and now the Shanling M0 has also been bought to my attention.

Both LDAC and APTX-LL are important factors as I would like to be able to use headphones to listen to CD quality audio and watch TV with synced audio.

Has anyone experienced using M0 and ESS100 and able to offer comparison in terms of sound quality using LDAC and APTX-LL ?
They have very similar sound quality with LDAC but of course, the ES100 has the advantage of balanced output as well. The ES100 has a slightly better battery time compared to M0 when streaming. They are both amazing and I use both regularly. If you can only choose one I'd recommend ES100 if you want to be able to answer/make phone calls or M0 if you want the option to have a Micro SD card full of music on hand.

Dec 27, 2018 at 2:20 PM Post #3,604 of 6,675
Does anybody know if ES100 is good for watching movies? I am thinking to get a bluetooth transmitter for my TV and watch netflix using my HD600. However, I am not sure if the latency will be acceptable or not because there is no APTX-LL support on ES100.

I can check on this tonight or by this weekend... I think I'd promised to check for someone else before and never got around to it... I've been moving but I finally digged out the transmitter I use for the TV which does support AptX-LL (MEE's) so I could use that to compare the ES100 with the BTR1 even.

Do you really think there's a need in aptX-LL for movies? I bet It's only for gaming.

AptX LL isn't absolutely necessary for video, but I've seen more than a few instances without it where Bluetooth gear did have very noticeable and distracting sync issues while watching video... There's cases where you can simply correct for this (on a PC or with an AVR, I imagine some mobile video playback apps have similar options), but there's cases where you can't (most streaming apps probably don't have any audio lag compensation settings).

So it can't hurt (AptX LL), tho it does come at the cost of some SQ... And all the different AptX versions are licensed separately so each one would also increase the device's cost or reduce it's margins.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2018 at 2:23 PM Post #3,605 of 6,675
Thanks.

There's some comparisons between the ES100 & BTR3 a bunch of pages back in the thread, seems some people found some differences in tuning (subjective preference one way or the other) and a battery life & signal strength advantage in the ES100's favor...

Dec 27, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #3,606 of 6,675
There's some comparisons between the ES100 & BTR3 a bunch of pages back in the thread, seems some people found some differences in tuning (subjective preference one way or the other) and a battery life & signal strength advantage in the ES100's favor...

And the ES100 has EQ in it's favor (I'm not sure if the BTR3's advertised EQ will come to light anytime soon).

Dec 27, 2018 at 3:03 PM Post #3,607 of 6,675
I've connected ES100 to Samsung UE49KS7000 and the lag is noticeable.
As a curiosity, after connecting ES100 to TV, it is possible to turn smartphone's Bluetooth on and use the app while listening to the TV

Dec 27, 2018 at 5:03 PM Post #3,608 of 6,675
Thanks for your input guys.
I was already leaning towards es100 over BTR3 because I read previously that it had better BT signal strength. I want to be able to comfortably walk around the house not worrying my signal will drop. Synched audio with movie maybe a concern going by earlier feedback.

So M0 can’t handle calls when connected to phone via BT ? Is this a firmware or a hardware limit ?

Dec 27, 2018 at 5:23 PM Post #3,609 of 6,675
Thanks for your input guys.
I was already leaning towards es100 over BTR3 because I read previously that it had better BT signal strength. I want to be able to comfortably walk around the house not worrying my signal will drop. Synched audio with movie maybe a concern going by earlier feedback.

So M0 can’t handle calls when connected to phone via BT ? Is this a firmware or a hardware limit ?
Depends VERY much on the house.
I can only go 2 rooms before most BT devices start to break up (this included my es100 & btr3)
The range they talk about is absolute best case.... once you start to factor in line-of-sight, body blocking signal, walls etc.... the signal drops down rapidly.
Also i think LDAC suffers more than the lesser codecs

Dec 27, 2018 at 5:26 PM Post #3,610 of 6,675
Also i think LDAC suffers more than the lesser codecs

Maybe I'm wrong, but I agree and I'd swear that the SQ drops when connection is weak. Have to try two rooms away aptX

Dec 27, 2018 at 5:29 PM Post #3,611 of 6,675
Maybe I'm wrong, but I agree and I'd swear that the SQ drops when connection is weak. Have to try two rooms away aptX

Depends on the source device but yes default settings in a phone will do adaptive SQ to maintain connection
If you tweak dev options you can force the behavior one way or another

Dec 27, 2018 at 5:30 PM Post #3,612 of 6,675
So I tried to watch a movie (and YouTube clip) with the radson in my iPhone X and it also showed a delay in audio. It was around a second of delay which is really annoying. How do I fix this? Its pretty useless device it the audio lags on videos.
Any setting causing this?

Dec 27, 2018 at 5:31 PM Post #3,613 of 6,675
So I tried to watch a movie (and YouTube clip) with the radson in my iPhone X and it also showed a delay in audio. It was around a second of delay which is really annoying. How do I fix this? Its pretty useless device it the audio lags on videos.
Any setting causing this?
With iPhone you're limited to AAC which will introduce a delay.

Lower latency codecs are only available on Android

Dec 27, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #3,615 of 6,675
Depends on the source device but yes default settings in a phone will do adaptive SQ to maintain connection
If you tweak dev options you can force the behavior one way or another

I've done several times through development options in my RedMI Note 5, but it changes to adaptive again when the audio source stops (not sure is it's the reason, but very often)

Still not sure if it really keeps on best quality settings when connection is weak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back