Radsone EarStudio ES100
Aug 31, 2018 at 9:28 AM Post #2,402 of 6,675
Aug 31, 2018 at 9:30 AM Post #2,403 of 6,675
Why do you have jitter correction off?

It's a software implementation on top of something that's already happening in the DAC itself. It made no obvious difference, so seems superfluous.

Aug 31, 2018 at 9:43 AM Post #2,404 of 6,675
It's a software implementation on top of something that's already happening in the DAC itself. It made no obvious difference, so seems superfluous.

Yeah, you're correct in a way, since jitter is about time domain error. This jitter correction is something else though, in the DAC it's about fixing differences in clock pulse variance, but in the case of a wireless transmission, it's about preventing buffer under/overflow when I' m not even sure the ES100 has it's own audio clock and the signal may need to be slaved to the Bluetooth timing.

Aug 31, 2018 at 9:53 AM Post #2,406 of 6,675
I wouldn't try it. You'd be putting a lot of load on the amp, and in my opinion, you risk damaging the device.

No, it won't work at all. Only 1 output at a time. Load doesn't matter. Just get splitter cable and route one to the amp, another to iem.

- My instincts served me right in this case! In using splitter, I imaging you would be referring to the 3.5mm output jack, and not using the balanced output at all. I can't fathom how you would split the balanced output, and then convert it to a safe non-balanced / balanced combo.

Aug 31, 2018 at 10:00 AM Post #2,407 of 6,675
I'm glad you answered that one, there was a big debate earlier in this thread about it all if you want to be more confused.
So are we saying that if I have an older iPhone with a headphone jack, those ALAC files would be lossless through the headphone jack, but if I paired that with the ES100, it would be downsampled to AAC instead? Thanks.

Aug 31, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #2,409 of 6,675
- My instincts served me right in this case! In using splitter, I imaging you would be referring to the 3.5mm output jack, and not using the balanced output at all. I can't fathom how you would split the balanced output, and then convert it to a safe non-balanced / balanced combo.
Well, balanced doesn't have a ground at all, so that's a tricky question. Should ask Radsone how to do it.

Aug 31, 2018 at 11:42 AM Post #2,410 of 6,675
So are we saying that if I have an older iPhone with a headphone jack, those ALAC files would be lossless through the headphone jack, but if I paired that with the ES100, it would be downsampled to AAC instead? Thanks.

Yep. You could also use it as a usb-dac if you’re anal about having it lossless.
But can you hear the difference between alac and 256kbps aac? Do a blind test. Probably you can’t.

Aug 31, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #2,412 of 6,675
The iPhone DAC isn't going to produce a true Lossless output though, 24 bit.

Aug 31, 2018 at 12:48 PM Post #2,413 of 6,675
Woke up today to find the ES100 as the daily deal on Amazon. Just hopped on the train for $74.25.

Aug 31, 2018 at 12:54 PM Post #2,414 of 6,675
Listening to Spotify, all of sudden one of the songs on my SD card started playing for a few seconds, went back to Spotify for 5 secs then back to the song then Spotify again. None of my players are playing the song. This is getting weird lol.

Aug 31, 2018 at 1:58 PM Post #2,415 of 6,675
Listening to Spotify, all of sudden one of the songs on my SD card started playing for a few seconds, went back to Spotify for 5 secs then back to the song then Spotify again. None of my players are playing the song. This is getting weird lol.
I think you may have a mentally challenged neighbour who keeps trying to connect to your ES100 haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back