1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Radsone EarStudio ES100

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by m4rkw, Dec 12, 2017.
First

Back
151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160
162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171
Next

Last
  1. georgelai57
    So is that the same quality as full ALAC?

2. zerolight
    No. Simplistically, ALAC = FLAC. AAC = MP3. Obviously not quite so simple, but ballpark.

3. zerolight
    It's a software implementation on top of something that's already happening in the DAC itself. It made no obvious difference, so seems superfluous.

4. PiSkyHiFi
    Yeah, you're correct in a way, since jitter is about time domain error. This jitter correction is something else though, in the DAC it's about fixing differences in clock pulse variance, but in the case of a wireless transmission, it's about preventing buffer under/overflow when I' m not even sure the ES100 has it's own audio clock and the signal may need to be slaved to the Bluetooth timing.

monsieurfromag3 likes this.
  5. PiSkyHiFi
    I'm glad you answered that one, there was a big debate earlier in this thread about it all if you want to be more confused.

georgelai57 likes this.
  6. JediBuji
    - My instincts served me right in this case! In using splitter, I imaging you would be referring to the 3.5mm output jack, and not using the balanced output at all. I can't fathom how you would split the balanced output, and then convert it to a safe non-balanced / balanced combo.

7. georgelai57
    So are we saying that if I have an older iPhone with a headphone jack, those ALAC files would be lossless through the headphone jack, but if I paired that with the ES100, it would be downsampled to AAC instead? Thanks.

8. Mouseman
    They must have been listening in to these conversations, and put it on a great sale for the Deal of the Day! It's even cheaper than that Amazon UK deal. Mine is on its way...

Victorfabius likes this.
  9. SubMash
    Well, balanced doesn't have a ground at all, so that's a tricky question. Should ask Radsone how to do it.

10. tayano
    Yep. You could also use it as a usb-dac if you’re anal about having it lossless.
    But can you hear the difference between alac and 256kbps aac? Do a blind test. Probably you can’t.

11. Notrix
    Okay..... Ordered! :wink:

Victorfabius and monsieurfromag3 like this.
  12. Lurk650
    The iPhone DAC isn't going to produce a true Lossless output though, 24 bit.

13. MyPants
    Woke up today to find the ES100 as the daily deal on Amazon. Just hopped on the train for $74.25.

capnjack and monsieurfromag3 like this.
  14. Lurk650
    Listening to Spotify, all of sudden one of the songs on my SD card started playing for a few seconds, went back to Spotify for 5 secs then back to the song then Spotify again. None of my players are playing the song. This is getting weird lol.

n05ey likes this.
  15. crabdog
    I think you may have a mentally challenged neighbour who keeps trying to connect to your ES100 haha.

First

Back
151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160
162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171
Next

Last