Radsone EarStudio ES100
Aug 9, 2018 at 3:27 PM Post #2,056 of 6,675
I do understand that the freedom is appealing, and that the EQ is nifty. But SQ-wise, how is it compared to wired? Sucks that apple doesnt support ldac.
The sound quality is exceptional and is easily the best wireless bluetooth audio I've heard to date. Comparing it to wired straight to an iPhone I would say you'd be hard pressed to hear a difference in favor of wired. I have used Tidal and Spotify over iPhone 7 Plus with the ES100 and Andromedas and it is excellent. I use that combo daily at work.

Aug 10, 2018 at 2:54 PM Post #2,057 of 6,675
Maybe my Galaxy S8 is not the ideal audio source, but if compared with the ES100 in LDAC, the difference large in favor of the ES100. best sounding in small portable device (my x5iii is better but not by much) and add the headset advantage and dedicated buttons of vol and tracks.

Aug 10, 2018 at 3:17 PM Post #2,060 of 6,675
Amir received the ES100 this week. Hopefully we can see how this little device compares to other portables (i.e. Q1 and Q1 Mk2) in the near future from a science perspective! :)

I prefer LDAC now that it's being supported as my choice codec now over the rest of them on this device. Could be mental, could not be. Doesnt really matter. I think they all sound better than SBC and standard Apt-X and are close to wired enough that I can forget I am doing wireless.

Aug 10, 2018 at 3:29 PM Post #2,061 of 6,675
You can easily batch convert them to FLAC.
Ehh, too much work, plus further loss of quality due to conversion. I just wanted to see how the app was. I have UAPP and now Onkyo again. Onkyo is pretty nice.

Aug 10, 2018 at 3:53 PM Post #2,062 of 6,675
Ehh, too much work, plus further loss of quality due to conversion. I just wanted to see how the app was. I have UAPP and now Onkyo again. Onkyo is pretty nice.

Too much work... Fair enough, I certainly have no interest in ALAC other than conversion to FLAC. No loss at all, they are bit for bit the same as in absolutely identical, convert them back again to ALAC, they'd be the same file.

I think the Radsone player was just a prequal to the ES100 in terms of development, not needed at all since you have an ES100. The Onkyo Player is a good choice I think, I use Neutron Player, the player with too many options.

Aug 10, 2018 at 4:27 PM Post #2,063 of 6,675
ive been using GoneMad, its pretty nice.

Aug 11, 2018 at 1:48 AM Post #2,065 of 6,675
Aug 11, 2018 at 3:59 AM Post #2,066 of 6,675
I think the Radsone player was just a prequal to the ES100 in terms of development, not needed at all since you have an ES100.
You're confused about some basic concepts. The ES100 is a DAC/amp (with Bluetooth capability). You still need a separate music player, such as foobar2000, VLC, iTunes, Windows Media Player, Radsone Player, Spotify, Tidal, etc.

Aug 11, 2018 at 4:13 AM Post #2,067 of 6,675
You're confused about some basic concepts. The ES100 is a DAC/amp (with Bluetooth capability). You still need a separate music player, such as foobar2000, VLC, iTunes, Windows Media Player, Radsone Player, Spotify, Tidal, etc.

Actually, I'm pretty spot on mate, have a look at the Radsone Player, it's basic edge on other players is having DCT technology. Now have a look at the EQ section of both Apps, it's clear the ES100 App was built on top of it - which is perfectly fine, but if you have an ES100, I doubt you'll be wanting to apply DCT twice.

The whole point of the ES100 over just the App was that it gave the use of DCT a lot more flexibility, because it now works with all Apps.

Aug 11, 2018 at 4:16 AM Post #2,068 of 6,675
Actually, I'm pretty spot on mate, have a look at the Radsone Player, it's basic edge on other players is having DCT technology. Now have a look at the EQ section of both Apps, it's clear the ES100 App was built on top of it - which is perfectly fine, but if you have an ES100, I doubt you'll be wanting to apply DCT twice.

The whole point of the ES100 over just the App was that it gave the use of DCT a lot more flexibility, because it now works with all Apps.

Oh and .... revenue.

Aug 11, 2018 at 4:37 AM Post #2,069 of 6,675

Okay, I understand your point. :thumbsup:
The way you worded the previous post seemed to imply that no player app was needed to use the ES100.

Aug 11, 2018 at 4:44 AM Post #2,070 of 6,675
Okay, I understand your point. :thumbsup:
The way you worded the previous post seemed to imply that no player app was needed to use the ES100.

Ok, I meant that the *Radsone* player isn't needed to make best use of the ES100 - choose your own source App, or just listen to Android notifications in 24 bit glory I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back