Radsone EarStudio ES100
Aug 9, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #2,042 of 6,675
Is there any point in getting these if you have an iphone? I’d be limited to aac as I understand, and I’m sure wired IEMs must be a step above bluetootg w. AAC.

I have these with iPhone and Spotify using AAC.

Without a doubt worth it, I’ve got a short cable so it keeps me hands free and less dangly wires too.

Trying to find a way to make a neckband hack version of it without much luck.

Aug 9, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #2,044 of 6,675
Yees, the EQ is amazing and its systemwide once you've connected it.

I have these with iPhone and Spotify using AAC.

Without a doubt worth it, I’ve got a short cable so it keeps me hands free and less dangly wires too.

Trying to find a way to make a neckband hack version of it without much luck.

I do understand that the freedom is appealing, and that the EQ is nifty. But SQ-wise, how is it compared to wired? Sucks that apple doesnt support ldac.

Aug 9, 2018 at 1:57 PM Post #2,045 of 6,675
can the VE Zen 2.0 (non black or white) be driven by this bad boy?

Aug 9, 2018 at 2:32 PM Post #2,047 of 6,675
AAC is not worse than LDAC.

Let's all try really hard to not go down this path again. There's already plenty in the archives of this thread and many could not agree, also we'll just end up butting heads with the forum moderators.

Aug 9, 2018 at 2:46 PM Post #2,048 of 6,675
Let's all try really hard to not go down this path again. There's already plenty in the archives of this thread and many could not agree, also we'll just end up butting heads with the forum moderators.
Just prove otherwise or keep silence. I said my points. You want people not to buy ES100, because iPhone doesn't have LDAC and think they would lose anything? Then prove it - that's it.

Aug 9, 2018 at 2:50 PM Post #2,051 of 6,675
Just prove otherwise or keep silence. I said my points. You want people not to buy ES100, because iPhone doesn't have LDAC and think they would lose anything? Then prove it - that's it.

As I said, I think many have had their say already, no need to repeat the whole process - we can't prove anything here, we just express opinions and this really is the wrong place to discuss it - there are still active discussions in sound science for those willing to pull their hair out.

[grabs some of the other guys popcorn]

Aug 9, 2018 at 2:59 PM Post #2,052 of 6,675
Aug 9, 2018 at 3:06 PM Post #2,054 of 6,675
AAC over bluetooth is limited to 256kbps, no? You’re saying AAC 256kbps is as good as lossless?

Aac is not encoded the same way as other codecs. It is not comparable via measurement. The codec itself is subjective in how it was designed. You cannot compare it to the other codecs via measurements. You can only listen and a/b test it.

Aug 9, 2018 at 3:07 PM Post #2,055 of 6,675
The other codecs used are also not lossless. They're just reasonably close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back