Radsone EarStudio ES100
Aug 4, 2018 at 3:05 AM Post #1,966 of 6,675
what the eff? why? Wasnt he like member of the trade or something? how does kicking the technical director of a company off of his own product's discussion thread make any amount of sense?

I missed what happened as well but I saw a post from one of the mods saying he wasn't banned nor suspended but some posts got deleted for violating some member of the trade policies. I didn't see what posts those were or in reference to. He has not disappeared though, as he liked one of my posts from a couple days ago as well as a couple others from other users today.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2018 at 3:08 AM Post #1,967 of 6,675
Sorry, I don’t know anymore about it. As I said I think that’s what I remember happening. :frowning2:

Last post I see from him is July 2 after someone was comparing es100 to Fiio, calling es100 a clone.

I have yet to see a single other product on the market matching the es100 description. I see tons of products using the same chipset. Unsurprising, not like there's any other chipset in existence that would do the same thing.

Aug 4, 2018 at 3:18 AM Post #1,968 of 6,675
what the eff? why? Wasnt he like member of the trade or something? how does kicking the technical director of a company off of his own product's discussion thread make any amount of sense?

The mods explained that it was because wslee posted information in this thead about his own device in a manner not compliant with head-fi's rules. I understand head-fi requires manufacturers to pay to post info, and even much more to get mentioned or reviewed in the site's own videos. I understand wslee was not banned but that some of his unpaid technical posts were deleted and that this turned him off from further posting here.
We miss you wslee! Hoping you are doing well and looking forward to asr's test of the ES100! (With Tyll gone, the asr's internet tests look to me now as the most reliable, independent and unbiased on the net).

Enjoy you all guys your ES100 and its LDAC, this light and minute device is so practical with the summer heat over here in Europe,
all the best,
bidn

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2018 at 3:21 AM Post #1,969 of 6,675
The mods explained that it was because wslee posted information in this thead about his own device in a manner not compliant with head-fi's rules. I understand head-fi requires manufacturers to pay to post info, and even much more to get mentioned or reviewed in the site's own videos. I understand wslee was not banned but that some of his unpaid technical posts were deleted and that this turned him off from further posting here.
We miss you wslee! Hoping you are doing well and looking forward to asr's test of the ES100! (With Tyll gone, the asr's tests look to me now as the most reliable, independent and unbiased).

Enjoy you all guys your ES100 and its LDAC, this light and minute device is so practical with the summer heat over here in Europe,
all the best,
bidn

That's totally understandable. But just saying, there are plenty of other places for wslee to participate. Heck, put up a blog page on the ear studio site with measurements and whatnot. and discuss here. Or reddit. Or asr or any of the unmentionable sites.

Info is free, knowledge is free. That's like the whole point of the internet.

Aug 4, 2018 at 5:19 AM Post #1,971 of 6,675
Hear that WsLee. You got so many people rooting for you

Ganbate ne :deadhorse: We are waiting for your next excellent product :beyersmile:

Aug 4, 2018 at 1:53 PM Post #1,973 of 6,675
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good, comfortable balanced cable for $100 or less to use with the ES100? I'm not a fan of the stock SE846 cable weight.

I'd prefer something thin and lightweight akin to the stock Westone UM PRO cable. It would also be a bonus if the cable is clear and matches the OEM cable.

Here's what I'm considering right now -
https://www.surfcables.com/products/iem-cables
https://campfireaudio.com/shop/litz-cable/

Aug 4, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #1,974 of 6,675
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good, comfortable balanced cable for $100 or less to use with the ES100? I'm not a fan of the stock SE846 cable weight.

I'd prefer something thin and lightweight akin to the stock Westone UM PRO cable. It would also be a bonus if the cable is clear and matches the OEM cable.

VE cables are lightweight and good enough. I use these now, though I also have my own that I make. Havent tried an mmcx diy yet but I have the connectors to do it. Looks a bit more challenging then the 2-pins.
Brainwavz has an mmcx cable.

If you want a short cable - Fiio makes an MMCX cable that's shorter and cheap.

AliExpress has tons of stuff as well.

Aug 4, 2018 at 2:27 PM Post #1,975 of 6,675

I bought the noble microphone cable to use with my phone. Also bought the 2.5mm balanced cable.

64 audio also has a cable that will work. Everyone mentioned null audio and penon audio as well. But I went with noble because everyone said how solidly the cable was built and it is USA made/shipped.

Don't really care where it's made but I'm not waiting 4 weeks for Chinese customs.

Aug 6, 2018 at 5:38 AM Post #1,977 of 6,675
Finally my short cable arrived and my portable Hifi journey is over for now, and hopefully for a foreseeable future ( poor wallet). The cable lenght is about 48 cm, which is perfect for BT amps. There is not too little or too much cable, just enough.

Gear:

Earphones: Massdrop PLUS IEM
BT amp: Earstudio ES100
Cable: Null Audio Ethos 5N CGOCC-A Silver Plated Earphone Cable (ca 48 cm) with 2.5mm balanced connector
Tips: Spinfit CP 155 Medium

IMG_20180806_113400.jpg

Aug 6, 2018 at 10:57 PM Post #1,980 of 6,675
I have also been using the ES100 much more than my big rig portable, which is the iBasso DX200 with Amp5 and DITA The Answer IEMs. I am primarily listening to ES100 and iBasso IT01s. Finding nothing particularly lacking when listening to Spotify on the highest rez modes. There is something very clean and pure about the ES100 that I like, and the EQ is better in my opinion than the iBasso EQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back