Radsone EarStudio ES100
Aug 2, 2018 at 6:15 PM Post #1,951 of 6,675
Crap...got it figured...on my phone under the LDac options it was set to the first setting "optimized" instead of "balanced"...works fine now...sorry for the trouble!!

Screenshot_20180802-161213.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2018 at 6:41 PM Post #1,954 of 6,675
Kinda odd seeing that they were sitting side by side not more than 6" apart!!
Distance doesn't always helps with radio interference issue that eats from available bandwidth. But we have several reports here that after some time people get this thing fixed by itself. But if it will be fixed - balanced connection will move to full speed.

Aug 2, 2018 at 6:49 PM Post #1,955 of 6,675
What's wrong with 48kHz?

Nothing much, it's just that for me there's a better wired solution at my home that i prefer more. As a wireless dac though this thing is a bliss

Aug 2, 2018 at 7:15 PM Post #1,956 of 6,675
Do you have an Android or iOS device? If so, the ES100 pairs as 2 device types to those portable OSs, meaning that the portable device app can be used to control and monitor the ES100 even if it is streaming audio from your Windows 10 device.

ES100 doesn't support aptX-LL. That said, I haven't gotten aptX-HD working in Windows 10 yet, just aptX. Has anyone else gotten aptX-HD or LDAC to work from Windows 10?

No. My Thinkpad connects with aptX so far.

Aug 2, 2018 at 7:35 PM Post #1,957 of 6,675
I just realized last night mine was on Balanced, set it to Optimized for Audio Quality. Can't remember if I kept listening after that lol

Aug 3, 2018 at 5:32 PM Post #1,958 of 6,675
Aug 3, 2018 at 8:18 PM Post #1,959 of 6,675
Good news. He's willing to accept my request and I'll send it to him next week after he gets back from vacation. He said others had requested it and he turned it down but since I live in the area, he was willing to do it.

Aug 3, 2018 at 8:46 PM Post #1,960 of 6,675
Good news. He's willing to accept my request and I'll send it to him next week after he gets back from vacation. He said others had requested it and he turned it down but since I live in the area, he was willing to do it.

That’s good news. I don’t recall him posting test results of wireless devices, so hopefully we can see something besides just USB operation (LDAC vs. AAC vs. aptX-HD would be instructive). He uses a Windows laptop as source quite a bit, which could stream standard aptX without additional hardware, but would surely compare poorly in comparison to most wired devices, as far as DAC performance goes. On the other hand, there are plenty of Sony and Android OS devices that can do LDAC.

Also, he always includes a secondary device in the test for comparison. What would be appropriate in this case that he may already have in his stable? FiiO E10K? Dragonfly Black?

Aug 3, 2018 at 8:51 PM Post #1,961 of 6,675
Thought we arent allowed to mention audiosciencereview forums on here?

Anyways, he's tested the Sony ldac earbuds thingy with great results. I'm curious how this device does but I dont see him getting aptx hd or jdac working out of windows without a dedicated sound driver from radsone. Haven't seen wslee in this thread in quite a while either.

Aug 3, 2018 at 8:57 PM Post #1,962 of 6,675

Anyways, he's tested the Sony ldac earbuds thingy with great results. I'm curious how this device does but I dont see him getting aptx hd or jdac working out of windows without a dedicated sound driver from radsone. Haven't seen wslee in this thread in quite a while either.

Yea I dont know. The whole schiity debacle thing kind of caused a lot of tension around here. I dont know if there was any censorship due to that. If so, then we can ignore everything about the previous posts. :)

wslee just liked one of my posts!

That’s good news. I don’t recall him posting test results of wireless devices, so hopefully we can see something besides just USB operation (LDAC vs. AAC vs. aptX-HD would be instructive). He uses a Windows laptop as source quite a bit, which could stream standard aptX without additional hardware, but would surely compare poorly in comparison to most wired devices, as far as DAC performance goes. On the other hand, there are plenty of Sony and Android OS devices that can do LDAC.

Also, he always includes a secondary device in the test for comparison. What would be appropriate in this case that he may already have in his stable? FiiO E10K? Dragonfly Black?

Not sure, I have a Fiio Q1 Mk2 also available.

Aug 4, 2018 at 2:34 AM Post #1,963 of 6,675

WS Lee got kicked off here or banned or something if I remember rightly

Aug 4, 2018 at 2:45 AM Post #1,964 of 6,675
WS Lee got kicked off here or banned or something if I remember rightly

what the eff? why? Wasnt he like member of the trade or something? how does kicking the technical director of a company off of his own product's discussion thread make any amount of sense?

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2018 at 3:03 AM Post #1,965 of 6,675
what the eff? why? Wasnt he like member of the trade or something? how does kicking the technical director of a company off of his own product's discussion thread make any amount of sense?
Sorry, I don’t know anymore about it. As I said I think that’s what I remember happening. :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back