Radsone EarStudio ES100
Jul 4, 2018 at 1:54 AM Post #1,516 of 6,675
Back when I lived in China 10 years ago, I'd go through the huge technology markets looking through the latest tech and haggling prices with the booth sized businesses that sold the latest thing.

They had advertised MP5 players, I kid you not, they thought the 4 in MP4 was a revision number, you know, because MP3.

Now there is the marketing spin and hype, luckily the actual underlying technologies has nothing to do with any of the labeling - most of them knew this too, they just assessed each person on their merits and started with the best BS to sell something until you proved you knew something.
mp5 players.. lol
But it seems that Chinese also make quite good products now..

Jul 6, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #1,518 of 6,675
Quick question re: the ES100...what kind of power does it put out? Is it able to drive moderately demanding full-size phones with some authority?

Yes, it works OK even with the HD650 and HD800S. Of course there's better sources for those headphones but they're definitely listenable with the ES100.

Edit: this is with the balanced output :wink:

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2018 at 1:39 PM Post #1,519 of 6,675
Jul 6, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #1,520 of 6,675
I have the Amiron Home, 250ohm, 102db sensitivity. Not terribly hard to drive but loves power. I have a balanced cable for it. Will test later with the ES100. Sounded good from my M3s. Mainly run with a 2.5 to 3.5 adapter to my Burson DAC

Jul 7, 2018 at 12:41 PM Post #1,524 of 6,675
I'm driving a pair of Fiio F9 Pro IEMs with the ES100 and the balanced cable. The ES100 lifts them a couple of steps above my Pixel 2 XL source and the balanced cable takes them another bump up in quality of output... But they make me really appreciate my Denon AVR-X2000 and Wharfedale Reva 2's when I get down some weekend armchair listening.

I don't think the x2 voltage mode would be suitable for these little iems but electricity terms are not my forte.

My only complaint about the ES100 is the clip. It is ridiculously weak to the point of being nigh useless. I have to be very careful when I'm walking just to make sure it doesn't slip or fall off which it can do if you look at them the wrong way.

Jul 7, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #1,525 of 6,675
Hi there, im now taking in consideration the ES100 since i had problems with the BT connections on the Fiio RC-BT and was looking for the new BTR3 (i saw someone having the same problems with the BTR1)
On paper the ES100 looks incredible. and feels like the right choice
Will try to keep up with the thread =D

Jul 7, 2018 at 4:35 PM Post #1,526 of 6,675
On paper the ES100 looks incredible. and feels like the right choice

I haven't read of many (if any?) people who have been disappointed with it. If it ticks off all of your requirements, it's an easy choice :)

Jul 8, 2018 at 3:19 AM Post #1,527 of 6,675
I received mine couple days ago and I couldn't be happier with this little device, the sound is very detailed, the voices are clear, everything sounds real. The Android app is well made and works without problems, the Eq is simple usable and functional.
Updating the firmware was little trouble entering in dfu mode but finally got it right.
Works perfect in my galaxy s8+ and is a shame that aptx-hd is missing .
Tested the es100 with cheaper Huawei p smart in aptx-hd and the sound was amazing, I would wait for the Ldac codec update in the es100 to use with galaxy s8+, and also hope the manufacturer and developer of this powerful device carry on with updates even if they make new models in the future.
Meanwhile I will write a good review in amazon.es where I bought it.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2018 at 1:22 PM Post #1,528 of 6,675
I received mine couple days ago and I couldn't be happier with this little device, the sound is very detailed, the voices are clear, everything sounds real. The Android app is well made and works without problems, the Eq is simple usable and functional.
Updating the firmware was little trouble entering in dfu mode but finally got it right.
Works perfect in my galaxy s8+ and is a shame that aptx-hd is missing .
Tested the es100 with cheaper Huawei p smart in aptx-hd and the sound was amazing, I would wait for the Ldac codec update in the es100 to use with galaxy s8+, and also hope the manufacturer and developer of this powerful device carry on with updates even if they make new models in the future.
Meanwhile I will write a good review in amazon.es where I bought it.
So what is the codec it uses as default in your S8?

Jul 8, 2018 at 1:34 PM Post #1,529 of 6,675
So what is the codec it uses as default in your S8?
The default codec is aptx. There are others available to choose in developer options like aac, ldac or samsung hd but not aptx-hd, maybe the phone is not provided with the hardware or the samsung update to run it, but definitely Oreo enables all the codecs for compatible hardware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back