Radsone EarStudio ES100
Apr 28, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #976 of 6,675
Anyone heard anymore updates about EU stock?

Last I heard was end of this month, but I know the date has slipped in the past.

Got a friend visiting USA but they won’t be back for 3 weeks, so not sure which will be quicker!

Apr 29, 2018 at 6:24 AM Post #979 of 6,675
I try to contact veclan on making custom 50-60cm mmcx but they decline, anyone knows other place to find that? (preferably on asia region)
sgaudiohive (just google) (price in sgd)
there are many others, maybe try searching locally?

Apr 29, 2018 at 6:26 AM Post #980 of 6,675
sgaudiohive (just google) (price in sgd)
there are many others, maybe try searching locally?
The local one sell quite expensive cable for custom made one, and most ready made are 1.2meters or non-balanced connector. Let me try that site tho.

p.s: found 1 on local forum with cheap acrolink cable, should do for now

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2018 at 3:16 PM Post #982 of 6,675
https://www.amazon.com/Brainwavz-Ba...d=1525111577&sr=1-4&keywords=2.5mm+MMCX+Cable

I've ordered this in hopes it will actually work on the balanced side, still really dealing with the info-churn of documentation for this device, just got it yesterday and so far it's blowing my mind in more than one way.

Coupled with my also newly acquired Beyerdynamic T51i and VJJB N1 cheapish IEMs it has been series of shocks and surprises. The N1's are what I'm hoping to use the balanced 2.5mm cable with, I guess I'll find out tonight.

Apr 30, 2018 at 4:31 PM Post #983 of 6,675
https://www.amazon.com/Brainwavz-Ba...d=1525111577&sr=1-4&keywords=2.5mm+MMCX+Cable

I've ordered this in hopes it will actually work on the balanced side, still really dealing with the info-churn of documentation for this device, just got it yesterday and so far it's blowing my mind in more than one way.

Coupled with my also newly acquired Beyerdynamic T51i and VJJB N1 cheapish IEMs it has been series of shocks and surprises. The N1's are what I'm hoping to use the balanced 2.5mm cable with, I guess I'll find out tonight.

I ordered the Brainwavz 2.5mm balanced MMCX cable a few days ago from their website (it was cheaper than Amazon). It works great with the ES100. The cable resistance is around 0.8 Ohms for each length - less than the cable that came with my UE 5 pros. The material near the mmcx that holds its shape is not as nice as I'd like but it works. Can't complain after paying only $15 for it.

Apr 30, 2018 at 8:06 PM Post #984 of 6,675
Last night I unplugged my ES100 from the charger and it wouldn't power on. When I plugged it back into power it would blink and charge but as soon as I unplugged it it wouldn't power back on. I found that it was still connected to my Samsung television and even though it wasn't paired with it it was somehow messing with the ES100. After I forgot the device from my TV it was able to power on and off correctly however today my ES100 randomly resets. It disconnects from my phone and i hear the chime that it is disconnecting and then a second later it reconnects and I hear the other chime. It has happened 3 times today at random times over the course of 5 hours using it.

Anyways, thought I'd share my bug and see if anyone else has encountered this issue and maybe even found a fix or reset. Is the reset holding all 4 buttons with power?

May 1, 2018 at 1:00 AM Post #986 of 6,675
Last night I unplugged my ES100 from the charger and it wouldn't power on. When I plugged it back into power it would blink and charge but as soon as I unplugged it it wouldn't power back on. I found that it was still connected to my Samsung television and even though it wasn't paired with it it was somehow messing with the ES100. After I forgot the device from my TV it was able to power on and off correctly however today my ES100 randomly resets. It disconnects from my phone and i hear the chime that it is disconnecting and then a second later it reconnects and I hear the other chime. It has happened 3 times today at random times over the course of 5 hours using it.

Anyways, thought I'd share my bug and see if anyone else has encountered this issue and maybe even found a fix or reset. Is the reset holding all 4 buttons with power?

I had something similar happen to me but it ended up being some weirdness with a device just in range reconnecting. Did you check the app to see what it said as far as status when these issues were happening?

May 1, 2018 at 7:35 AM Post #987 of 6,675
@CardigdanWalk:, @m4rkw:

As I mentioned earlier since ES100 support both BT and USB,
we need to have ES100 reset every time on any USB connect/disconnect assuming the current HW & FW design.

Instead, we could have it auto power off with a new user option as you suggested.

Auto power off at USB charger connection - On or Off

That means,
connecting it to a charger will reset, power on and power off ES100 again sequentially,
while connecting it to a PC will have ES100 turned on.

Currently,
we're working on the next v1.2 F/W update which will have:

- newly added Crossfeed DSP algorithm
you can adjust the amount of crossfeed 0(off)~10(max.) level using the app
- microphone loopback bypass during the voice call
you can adjust the amount of your own voice locally looped back to your IEM
- Auto power off at USB charger connection - On/Off selection

Hope to release the F/W within a couple of weeks.

Thanks and Regards,
WS

Thank you very much , wslee for reacting to quickly and being so helpful.

I intend to purchase your device when it will be available in Europe.
Re. the issue of power on with USB, this will be also quite an annoyance for me when connecting to a PC.
I usually recharge small devices by connecting them to a PC and they don't turn on.
I would prefer not to need to turn off the ES100 each time I connect it to a PC (for recharging).
So I would appreciate a solution for this issue.

Thank you and keep on your great work,
bidn

May 1, 2018 at 1:03 PM Post #988 of 6,675

Re. the issue of power on with USB, this will be also quite an annoyance for me when connecting to a PC.
I usually recharge small devices by connecting them to a PC and they don't turn on.
I would prefer not to need to turn off the ES100 each time I connect it to a PC (for recharging).

bidn

The solution is to turn it off after putting it on charge.

I know it's almost overwhelming with that extra button pushing for some but maybe someone (wife, child, colleague etc) can help to ease the burden :wink:

May 1, 2018 at 1:42 PM Post #989 of 6,675

bidn

It seems that the next firmware update will give an option automatically turn off when plugged into usb.

May 1, 2018 at 2:11 PM Post #990 of 6,675
I had something similar happen to me but it ended up being some weirdness with a device just in range reconnecting. Did you check the app to see what it said as far as status when these issues were happening?

It happens so fast. It is out of the blue and I just hear a disconnecting chime and then by the time I'm getting my phone out I already hear it reconnecting and playing music again. I haven't seen anything in the app. Also, I did have app issues after installing it on my iPad a while back but I haven't had issues since fixing it. I can't imagine what I would have interfering here at work as I don't have any other devices that I may have connected to it in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back