Radsone EarStudio ES100
Apr 27, 2018 at 1:45 AM Post #962 of 6,675
As I mentioned many times, the reset behavior of ES100, it's a design choice of us for supporting both USB and BT and not be changeable.
Instead, we're trying to offer the possible workaround solution.
I'm ok with reset. I just suggested you to automatically change this setting that you plan to do with manual on off events and that will make it remembering the state and would work as expected. This way you also don't need settings in the app

Apr 27, 2018 at 2:03 AM Post #963 of 6,675
I don’t know if I a misremembering, but I feel like I have read somewhere that because of how the circuitry in the device is, it is hard wired and will always turn on when plugged in and a firmware can’t change that ...

I suppose in theory a firmware could turn it off soon after perhaps?

If this is the case, perhaps a solution would be If the device could look to see if a data connection was present and react differently I.e if it’s plugged into a usb charger it will auto-turn off soon after, but if it’s plugged into a computer with a data connection, where it may be used to output sound, then it will stay on.

That way we can all use a dedicated usb charger without worrying about it stealing Bluetooth alerts etc?

@wslee would this solution work / be possible?

@CardigdanWalk:, @m4rkw:

As I mentioned earlier since ES100 support both BT and USB,
we need to have ES100 reset every time on any USB connect/disconnect assuming the current HW & FW design.

Instead, we could have it auto power off with a new user option as you suggested.

Auto power off at USB charger connection - On or Off

That means,
connecting it to a charger will reset, power on and power off again sequentially,
while connecting it to a PC will have ES100 turned on.

Currently,
we're working on the next F/W update which will have:

- newly added Crossfeed DSP algorithm
you can adjust the amount of crossfeed 0(off)~10(max.) level using the app
- microphone loopback bypass during the voice call
you can adjust the amount of your own voice locally looped back to your IEM
- Auto power off at USB charger connection - On/Off selection

Hope to release the F/W within a couple of weeks.

Thanks and Regards,
WS

Apr 27, 2018 at 3:06 AM Post #967 of 6,675

I've got the SMSL Idol and subjectivity I prefer the ES100 but I haven't really sat down to compare the both critically yet.

Apr 27, 2018 at 3:25 AM Post #968 of 6,675
I'm ok with reset. I just suggested you to automatically change this setting that you plan to do with manual on off events and that will make it remembering the state and would work as expected. This way you also don't need settings in the app

I'd rather not have it work like this because it means we have the extra step of turning the device off every night which isn't much different from how it is now. I'd much prefer that it automatically power off based on a setting as @wslee suggested.

Apr 27, 2018 at 7:22 AM Post #969 of 6,675
I've just bought one off eBay in the UK. I'm looking forward to trying it.

Apr 27, 2018 at 9:22 AM Post #970 of 6,675
@CardigdanWalk:, @m4rkw:

As I mentioned earlier since ES100 support both BT and USB,
we need to have ES100 reset every time on any USB connect/disconnect assuming the current HW & FW design.

Instead, we could have it auto power off with a new user option as you suggested.

Auto power off at USB charger connection - On or Off

That means,
connecting it to a charger will reset, power on and power off ES100 again sequentially,
while connecting it to a PC will have ES100 turned on.

Currently,
we're working on the next v1.2 F/W update which will have:

- newly added Crossfeed DSP algorithm
you can adjust the amount of crossfeed 0(off)~10(max.) level using the app
- microphone loopback bypass during the voice call
you can adjust the amount of your own voice locally looped back to your IEM
- Auto power off at USB charger connection - On/Off selection

Hope to release the F/W within a couple of weeks.

Thanks and Regards,
WS

Great news! I'll be ordering soon.

Apr 27, 2018 at 9:47 AM Post #971 of 6,675
I'd rather not have it work like this because it means we have the extra step of turning the device off every night which isn't much different from how it is now. I'd much prefer that it automatically power off based on a setting as @wslee suggested.
Well, ideal then would be 3 positions for slider - On, Off, Auto.

What you're talking about is a hack - you want to plug it into charging and have turn it off by that. Almost all consumer devices are not doing it this way.
They do Auto mode - that is, they don't change powered state once you plug them for charging.

So here it would be resetting during plug, but that's not a big deal.
More important that finally, it will behave as it is normally expected - that charging doesn't change the state.

Apr 27, 2018 at 9:52 AM Post #972 of 6,675
Well, ideal then would be 3 positions for slider - On, Off, Auto.

More important that finally, it will behave as it is normally expected - that charging doesn't change the state.

This is what I would be looking for. No change in state just because it was plugged in. I can see why someone using this over usb would want it to power on automatically.
A hard switch would make this an easily selected option by the user.

Apr 27, 2018 at 11:02 AM Post #973 of 6,675
Hopefully well see this one in the EU soon.. just got 2 questions.

-Would it be possilbe to add LDAC as a bluetooth codec in a FW?

- Is it possible to replace the battery?

Apr 27, 2018 at 11:10 AM Post #974 of 6,675

Your questions have been answered earlier in he thread.

Apr 27, 2018 at 12:02 PM Post #975 of 6,675

1. It costs money per unit to get license. So far - doesn't look as a good deal for Radsone.
2. No, unless you want to hack it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back