Radsone EarStudio ES100
Apr 10, 2018 at 7:00 AM Post #811 of 6,675
Fwiw I'm not able to detect any background hiss whatsoever with the B400 (not on the track that was listed on the previous page either).

The ES100 and the B400 is a great combination imo but then again the ES100 seems to pair well with pretty much everything I've tried it with :wink:
That's great news. Much appreciating your effort. Looking forward to buying one when it hits European ground.

Apr 10, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #812 of 6,675
Apr 10, 2018 at 4:04 PM Post #813 of 6,675
Thanks for this!

I was under the impression newer KZ products (ZS5 etc) were 0.75mm? If it wasn’t for that the first one looks perfect!

Did you find any 2.5 balances versions?

YMMV but I have interchanged "0.78mm and 0.75mm" 2-pin connectors between IEMs without any issues. I have a KZ IEM coming in the mail so I can test it again on those, but I've used KZ cables on my iSine and MD+ without any issues too (after cutting a notch in it).

Apr 10, 2018 at 7:38 PM Post #814 of 6,675
YMMV but I have interchanged "0.78mm and 0.75mm" 2-pin connectors between IEMs without any issues. I have a KZ IEM coming in the mail so I can test it again on those, but I've used KZ cables on my iSine and MD+ without any issues too (after cutting a notch in it).
I have a pair of KZ ZS6 that pair extremely well with the ES100. They sound better on the ES100 then on my Fiio X5 Gen 3 or my Schiit Jotenheim.

Apr 11, 2018 at 9:42 AM Post #817 of 6,675
Is it normal for the ES100 to power On, whenever the charging cable is connected, or disconnected?

Apr 11, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #819 of 6,675
Apr 11, 2018 at 1:00 PM Post #820 of 6,675
I'm having trouble updating the device firmware to v1.1.9. I was previously able to update the device to firmware version 1.1.7. I'm holding the power button and connecting the device to my computer via the USB cable, and the LED light is off as indicated in the instructions. However, when I run EarStudio_Device_Firmware_Upgrade.bat, I get this error message:

"Error running upgrade command: Invalid sequence (hidDfuConnect must be called first)"

Then the program quits and the update isn't successful. Has anyone else run into this problem?

EDIT: It seems like this error occurs when it can't find the device. I get the same error if I run the .bat file when the device is disconnected.

EDIT 2: I think the cable I was using didn't support data transfer. I tried with another cable and it works.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2018 at 2:13 PM Post #822 of 6,675
I'm having trouble updating the device firmware to v1.1.9. I was previously able to update the device to firmware version 1.1.7. I'm holding the power button and connecting the device to my computer via the USB cable, and the LED light is off as indicated in the instructions. However, when I run EarStudio_Device_Firmware_Upgrade.bat, I get this error message:

"Error running upgrade command: Invalid sequence (hidDfuConnect must be called first)"

Then the program quits and the update isn't successful. Has anyone else run into this problem?

EDIT: It seems like this error occurs when it can't find the device. I get the same error if I run the .bat file when the device is disconnected.

EDIT 2: I think the cable I was using didn't support data transfer. I tried with another cable and it works.

Yeah, I had tried with another cable and it didn't work despite using that cable regularly for data transfer. When I got back home to the included cable it worked the first time.

Apr 11, 2018 at 2:45 PM Post #823 of 6,675
I had issues trying to update at home, because the USB sub-system on my PC is borked (tried different cables in different USB ports, but it's no-go).
If I reboot, it will probably work, but I didn't want to shut down three browsers, an email client, and other running programs - so I used the PC here at work, and the ES100 updated just fine... :ksc75smile:
I guess I need to configure WINE on my Linux Netbook.

Apr 11, 2018 at 3:00 PM Post #824 of 6,675
Just received one from Amazon and found someone opened the device before!! :angry: There are marks around the case showing someone was trying to open the case and then returned it. Very disappointed that Earstudio will send a refurbished item to a new customer.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2018 at 7:26 PM Post #825 of 6,675
Just received one from Amazon and found someone opened the device before!! :angry: There are marks around the case showing someone was trying to open the case and then returned it. Very disappointed that Earstudio will send a refurbished item to a new customer.
As in opening the ES100 itself? I don't know if my box was shrink wrapped or even taped close but my device looked flawless. You could consider asking for a partial refund from Amazon or the return should be easy enough. They'll probably let you hold on to the one you have and use it while you wait for the new one to arrive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back