Radsone EarStudio ES100
Apr 3, 2018 at 3:10 PM Post #706 of 6,675
No beeps. I ordered from amazon.com to a friends place in the US and had them forward it on to me.

It beeps when devices connect/disconnect.

That's not bad at all! Have the BTR1 and don't like it much. Too many beeps/sounds and too loud. Firmware not updatable etc.

@wslee, Will there be any availability again in Canada? Restocking of Amazon Canada? I would buy it right this second but I don't have a US address to deliver it to.

Thanks

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2018 at 3:16 PM Post #707 of 6,675
Few bugs:
Another problem - Avantree Priva III ignores aptx turned off and even after re-pair it forces to connect aptx no matter what I do.
Avantree has APTX LL, but it never connects to LL. And there are no APTX HD USB transmitters.

What are you trying to make it use instead? I see that it can do SBC, aptX, aptX LL and FastStream.

Apr 3, 2018 at 4:03 PM Post #708 of 6,675
That's not bad at all! Have the BTR1 and don't like it much. Too many beeps/sounds and too loud. Firmware not updatable etc.

@wslee, Will there be any availability again in Canada? Restocking of Amazon Canada? I would buy it right this second but I don't have a US address to deliver it to.

Thanks

I had the BTR1 before losing it, and now have the ES100. I actually liked the BTR1 quite a lot, but the beeps were annoying for sure. Also, I liked how the clip was very robust and clipped onto clothing tighter. Apart from the clip though, the ES100 is an upgrade in all areas (no beeps, better/great SQ, more codecs, balanced option, great app, longer battery life, can be used as usb dac, etc etc).

Apr 3, 2018 at 5:15 PM Post #709 of 6,675
I had the BTR1 before losing it, and now have the ES100. I actually liked the BTR1 quite a lot, but the beeps were annoying for sure. Also, I liked how the clip was very robust and clipped onto clothing tighter. Apart from the clip though, the ES100 is an upgrade in all areas (no beeps, better/great SQ, more codecs, balanced option, great app, longer battery life, can be used as usb dac, etc etc).

The BTR1 clip is pretty decent that is for sure. It's too bad they decided to make a product that didn't have updatable software. The ES100 really outclasses it with the options and especially for me the USB DAC feature.

Apr 3, 2018 at 9:23 PM Post #711 of 6,675

Thanks

Currently, we're working on the next shipment.
No later than the end of April, ES100 will be available on Amazon CA, JP, and Europe.
Thanks and Regards,
WS

Apr 3, 2018 at 9:26 PM Post #712 of 6,675
The BTR1 clip is pretty decent that is for sure. It's too bad they decided to make a product that didn't have updatable software. The ES100 really outclasses it with the options and especially for me the USB DAC feature.

Please make sure ES100 USB DAC supports the 16-bit resolution at 48KHz only.
Thanks and Regards,
WS

Apr 3, 2018 at 9:36 PM Post #713 of 6,675
Currently, we're working on the next shipment.
No later than the end of April, ES100 will be available on Amazon CA, JP, and Europe.
Thanks and Regards,
WS

Ok. I will be waiting!

Please make sure ES100 USB DAC supports the 16-bit resolution at 48KHz only.
Thanks and Regards,
WS

Thanks for the precision on the USB DAC support. Should be fine for my usage.

Apr 4, 2018 at 2:14 AM Post #714 of 6,675
Does anyone know what impact certain features have on battery life? Is it worth disabling or limiting compared to their impact on battery life?
  • HD Jitter Cleaner
  • Equalizer
  • DCT Level
  • DAC Digital Filter
  • DAC Over Sampler
I find the EQ to be much better than my Samsung Note 8's onboard EQ. I also find the DAC Digital Filter and Sampling Rate to add some improvement but was wondering if it was adding a significant drain in battery.

I also just retermed my ER4XR's to 2.5 TRRS and now I can clearly hear what DCT does which to my ears it seems to remove some of the impact while cleaning it up in certain frequencies. It seems to do some of limiting factor mostly in the mid range in guitars that stand out... But that's to my ears and music so idk if it does the same to others.

Anyways, does anyone know if the above features effect battery and ifso how much? I've tried emailing customer support with no answer so I figured I'd try here.

Apr 4, 2018 at 2:37 AM Post #715 of 6,675
Does anyone know what impact certain features have on battery life? Is it worth disabling or limiting compared to their impact on battery life?
  • HD Jitter Cleaner
  • Equalizer
  • DCT Level
  • DAC Digital Filter
  • DAC Over Sampler
I find the EQ to be much better than my Samsung Note 8's onboard EQ. I also find the DAC Digital Filter and Sampling Rate to add some improvement but was wondering if it was adding a significant drain in battery.

I also just retermed my ER4XR's to 2.5 TRRS and now I can clearly hear what DCT does which to my ears it seems to remove some of the impact while cleaning it up in certain frequencies. It seems to do some of limiting factor mostly in the mid range in guitars that stand out... But that's to my ears and music so idk if it does the same to others.

Anyways, does anyone know if the above features effect battery and ifso how much? I've tried emailing customer support with no answer so I figured I'd try here.

@Jazic:

Apologize for the late response.
Just replied your email.

Please refer my previous post below:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/radsone-earstudio.867366/page-44#post-14144564

HD Jitter Cleaner and DAC Digital Filter have nothing to do with additional battery consumption.
Any DCT level also requires additional 1mA battery consumption.

Hope this answers you.

Thanks and Regards,
WS

Apr 4, 2018 at 2:49 AM Post #716 of 6,675
@Jazic:

Apologize for the late response.
Just replied your email.

Please refer my previous post below:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/radsone-earstudio.867366/page-44#post-14144564

HD Jitter Cleaner and DAC Digital Filter have nothing to do with additional battery consumption.
Any DCT level also requires additional 1mA battery consumption.

Hope this answers you.

Thanks and Regards,
WS

Awesome. Thanks for the prompt reply and details.

So it's safe to leave the jitter on.. What about oversampling?

I do apologize for asking such detailed answers.. I'm honestly just not used to having all of these options given to me on a platter.

Thanks for all of the options to control the sound. It's fun setting up exactly the way I want and experimenting.

Apr 4, 2018 at 3:00 AM Post #717 of 6,675
Awesome. Thanks for the prompt reply and details.

So it's safe to leave the jitter on.. What about oversampling?

I do apologize for asking such detailed answers.. I'm honestly just not used to having all of these options given to me on a platter.

Thanks for all of the options to control the sound. It's fun setting up exactly the way I want and experimenting.

@Jazic:

It depends on the output level what you listen with your IEM.
The oversampling would consume another 1~2mA battery.

For example,
if you have ES100 for 11 hours with your setup,

350mA battery / 11 hours = 31.8mA per hours

then you will get with 2x or 4x OSR:

350mA / (31.8+ 1~2mA) = 10.3 ~ 10.6 hours

Thanks and Regards,
WS

Apr 4, 2018 at 10:01 AM Post #719 of 6,675
What Bluetooth codecs PH-1 does support? Is there an aptx hd chip build in? I'm considering buying this phone and es100. Thanks.
The latest Oreo update added full support for aptx, aptx hd, LDAC and AAC.

Apr 4, 2018 at 10:23 AM Post #720 of 6,675
The latest Oreo update added full support for aptx, aptx hd, LDAC and AAC.

Android supports AptX/AptX HD but it is still up to the phone manufacturer if they want to pay the license to have it enabled.

On the Galaxy S8, for example, AptX HD is not enabled on Oreo. For this reason I'm still using my LG G5 (with AptX HD) with my EarStudio, and would really like an EarStudio update that enables LDAC so I can use it with my S8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back