Radsone EarStudio ES100
Sep 25, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #5,357 of 6,675
I tried reinstalling the es100 app and still no eq function on my iPad Pro.

Is your app seeing your ES100 OK? In other words, are the slider buttons grayed out?

Also, did you both pair the ES100 with the iPad using the Apple Bluetooth search, but did you also use the ‘device search’ function in the app? Because you have to do both.

Finally, I know this is probably common sense, but have you totally rebooted your iPad recently? If not, do that

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2019 at 3:05 PM Post #5,359 of 6,675
Is your app seeing your ES100 OK? In other words, are the slider buttons grayed out?

Also, did you both pair the ES100 with the iPad using the Apple Bluetooth search, but did you also use the ‘device search’ function in the app? Because you have to do both.

Finally, I know this is probably common sense, but have you totally rebooted your iPad recently? If not, do that
Thank you for the help, it’s working now.

Sep 25, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #5,360 of 6,675
It cant do hi res through usb, meaning it cant do high res through bluetooth either? What do you define as high res? A 16 bit flac? Or are you talking about 24/96 etc high res?
I should have clarified. Subjectively, I say that because it doesn't sound as good as direct through USB, do I don't consider it to have better/higher resolution than a CD, regardless of the bit rate. That's true for my WI-1000X, too. LDAC can't match wired, based on my experience. But beyond that, I saw a Sony engineer talk about what was meant by hi-res through LDAC and I thought his answers were a bit squishy, as I recall. He was saying it sounds just as good to listeners, which as I said, I just don't believe. So there was a dose of opinion in my statement.

Sep 25, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #5,361 of 6,675
Is there going to be a version 2 at some point? I know the btr5 is coming out, but I'm 0/2 on ESS dacs that I like. Isn't there another similar product coming out by someone else that isn't fiio or radsone? I completely forget what it is called

Sep 25, 2019 at 5:22 PM Post #5,362 of 6,675
Is there going to be a version 2 at some point? I know the btr5 is coming out, but I'm 0/2 on ESS dacs that I like. Isn't there another similar product coming out by someone else that isn't fiio or radsone? I completely forget what it is called
Maybe you are thinking of the Qudelix 5K.

Sep 25, 2019 at 5:34 PM Post #5,363 of 6,675

I always forget the exact spelling of that goofy name. Whatever marketing genius came up with that name might want to reconsider their career choice

Sep 25, 2019 at 8:37 PM Post #5,364 of 6,675
Yes thank you, it's hard to remember the name lmao. It looks sort of like an upgrade to the es100. Unfortunately it still doesn't do DSD. It looks like the BTR5 does do DSD though. The last ESS DAC I had was the Sony PHA 3 with the ESS 9018, and I really didn't like the sound. Hopefully ESS has improved since then with the ES9218p. ESS also needs to figure out the IMD they have in all their DACs

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2019 at 2:01 AM Post #5,365 of 6,675
Im wondering what radsone are up to these days. There was supposed to be big news in q4 and i really hope the in-ears wasnt it. If it was, then consider me disappointed. Been waiting for the es200 for ages and I guess I have to look at another dac because time is running out...

Sep 26, 2019 at 2:37 AM Post #5,366 of 6,675
Im wondering what radsone are up to these days. There was supposed to be big news in q4 and i really hope the in-ears wasnt it. If it was, then consider me disappointed. Been waiting for the es200 for ages and I guess I have to look at another dac because time is running out...
The guy who invited or engineer the es 100 left radsone and do now his own thing like i heard. He brings now out the so called qudelix k5. Its like the new es 100

Sep 26, 2019 at 4:32 AM Post #5,368 of 6,675
We are going to need a head 2 head between the Qudelix 5K and the BTR5 when they come out for sure

Sep 26, 2019 at 7:44 AM Post #5,369 of 6,675
Please help me! I'm trying to use es100 through my otg usb cable, but even when I connect them through usb, it would only play music through Bluetooth. Do I need to get a different usb cable?

Here's the one I bought
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01M...n_title#aw-udpv3-customer-reviews_feature_div
On my Galaxy S9, I am only able to force a USB connection by turning off my Bluetooth. This seems to be caused by my phone and not the Es100, based on my research. Have you tried that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back