Radsone EarStudio ES100
Dec 19, 2018 at 7:10 AM Post #3,556 of 6,675
I am on 2.0.1 with a Oneplus 3T and haven't experienced that issue.

Dec 19, 2018 at 9:44 AM Post #3,557 of 6,675
Has anybody experienced bluetooth disconnections with the ES100? I have had mine for two weeks running the 2.0.1 firmware, connected to my Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus with LDAC enabled on the bluetooth connection. Over the past few days, the ES100 has started dropping the bluetooth connection after a few minutes and then, sometimes but not always, re-established it about a minute later.

I have tried unpairing and re-pairing; performing a factory reset and re-installing the 2.0.1 firmware. I have also tried disabling LDAC. Bit puzzling. I have sent an email to Radsone's support email address but I am wondering if I should just return it to Amazon while I still can.

If you are still within the return window, you can return it for a replacement. You did try everything from your side, so if you are still experiencing bluetooth disconnects, I would get a replacement from amazon.

Dec 19, 2018 at 10:44 AM Post #3,558 of 6,675
Duh, I completely glossed over that part of your post, tho in theory everything said still kinda applies... I can see why it would be a hassle if you're keeping the ES100 under winter clothes (tho for general use a dab of nail polish on one button can help locate them by feel).

The app is a workaround on Android phones but obviously not an option for you, although if you *are* carrying an Android phone in addition to the Sony player I think you could connect it to the ES100 for volume control and setting configuration only but *not* audio (don't pair it as an audio device).

No Droid-based devices, unfortunately, but I might try that dab of nail polish on the buttons trick--that's really clever, thanks!

Dec 19, 2018 at 10:46 AM Post #3,559 of 6,675
Has anybody experienced bluetooth disconnections with the ES100? I have had mine for two weeks running the 2.0.1 firmware, connected to my Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus with LDAC enabled on the bluetooth connection. Over the past few days, the ES100 has started dropping the bluetooth connection after a few minutes and then, sometimes but not always, re-established it about a minute later.

I have tried unpairing and re-pairing; performing a factory reset and re-installing the 2.0.1 firmware. I have also tried disabling LDAC. Bit puzzling. I have sent an email to Radsone's support email address but I am wondering if I should just return it to Amazon while I still can.
Could be the phone side as well -- I had an issue with my previous Galaxy phone. Something that helped was to reboot the phone.

Dec 19, 2018 at 12:21 PM Post #3,561 of 6,675
Hi,

Um interested on buying this bluetooth DAC to use with my phone, but also to plug on my takstar pro 82 via bluetooth to the TV.
Is there any way to save EQ preset from the APP to use when pluged in the TV?

Dec 19, 2018 at 1:21 PM Post #3,562 of 6,675
Hi,
Is there any way to save EQ preset from the APP to use when pluged in the TV?

I'm pretty sure the last EQ setting persists in the ES100, so yes.

Dec 20, 2018 at 5:52 AM Post #3,565 of 6,675
To me the ES100 is my best audio purchase this year. I hardly use any of my DAPs anymore.

Dec 20, 2018 at 6:35 AM Post #3,566 of 6,675
To me the ES100 is my best audio purchase this year. I hardly use any of my DAPs anymore.
Agree. And I just got the new Hidizs AP80, which has mostly been relegated to the desk drawer. I am leaving for Holiday soon, and we'll be taking only my Moto G, the ES100, and Snow Lotus 1.0 Plus. Outstanding travel rig.

Dec 20, 2018 at 12:29 PM Post #3,567 of 6,675
Agree. And I just got the new Hidizs AP80, which has mostly been relegated to the desk drawer. I am leaving for Holiday soon, and we'll be taking only my Moto G, the ES100, and Snow Lotus 1.0 Plus. Outstanding travel rig.

Same here. Except my travel rig would be the Samsung S7, ES100, plus around 10 pairs of buds because I can never decide which ones to take lol!

Dec 20, 2018 at 9:51 PM Post #3,569 of 6,675
is there any one try out es100 and how the quality since Bluetooth reduce alot of sq?
You do realize that this is a 200 page thread of users who have the ES100 and the vast majority of us love it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back