Radsone EarStudio ES100
Jul 25, 2018 at 3:31 PM Post #1,818 of 6,675
Jul 25, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #1,819 of 6,675
I got my EarStudio yesterday, I set it up and it's sounding good!

I am using unbalanced 3.5mm. Is there much difference in battery between 1x and 2x current? Is that worth the battery drain? I have very easy to drive IEMs.

Jul 25, 2018 at 4:12 PM Post #1,820 of 6,675
I got my EarStudio yesterday, I set it up and it's sounding good!

I am using unbalanced 3.5mm. Is there much difference in battery between 1x and 2x current? Is that worth the battery drain? I have very easy to drive IEMs.

That seems to be a thing you'd want to try out yourself. it can measure better, it can drain more or less battery, but you cant really plot "worth" on a chart.

My solution: I bought the noble IEM cable with microphone, 3.5mm trrs. i also bought the 2.5mm balanced cable from them. There will be times I find the es100 cumbersome or unnecessary to carry around. there will be other times I want max audio quality and the ability to demo the unit, and i'll have it with me.

So in this scenario i am fully equipped to use either straight headphone out from my phone with the mic cable, i have a replacement cable if the OEM cable fails, and i have the 2.5mm balanced cable to try things out myself.

and considering it functions as a USB dac with windows and whatnot, i find myself extremely unconcerned about battery drain. I can charge it with my phone's MASSIVE extended battery with OTG mode, i can charge it while listening to the computer no matter where i am, and i can charge it in the car if i so choose as well while listening. Considering its battery life, im not overly concerned about some edge cases where i'll be listening for THAT long that i'll drain the whole thing. might forget to charge it now and then, might run into battery degradation, but given what i'm seeing in this thread, radsone seems to be the kind of company that will sell a battery for user replacement, or will have the replacement/repair option at least available by the time the product actually degrades to that extent. and by then we might have entirely different codecs/features in a new/updated product.

Jul 25, 2018 at 10:27 PM Post #1,821 of 6,675
can anyone with a very low impedance, high sensitivity IEM comment on noise floor/hissing? And has there been any issues with bluetooth audio skipping/stuttering or exhibiting artifacts? I would expect not, considering there is a buffer slider and whatnot.

Jul 26, 2018 at 12:26 AM Post #1,822 of 6,675
can anyone with a very low impedance, high sensitivity IEM comment on noise floor/hissing? And has there been any issues with bluetooth audio skipping/stuttering or exhibiting artifacts? I would expect not, considering there is a buffer slider and whatnot.
No problems with SE846.

Jul 26, 2018 at 12:32 AM Post #1,823 of 6,675
Zero hiss with my Andros.

Jul 26, 2018 at 12:35 AM Post #1,824 of 6,675
checked my amazon points reward balance and it turns out i had just enough to order it.

so i did.

Jul 26, 2018 at 1:39 AM Post #1,825 of 6,675
Recently acquired this as my main portable solution. Loving it for all it does in such a small package.

Jul 26, 2018 at 5:40 AM Post #1,826 of 6,675
Just received my ES100 and trying to do a FW update. According to the manual I have to instal Homebrew on my Mac but when I cut and paste the manual's Page 22 instructions, I get a "No such file or directory" message. Can someone help? Thanks

Jul 26, 2018 at 5:53 AM Post #1,827 of 6,675
Just received my ES100 and trying to do a FW update. According to the manual I have to instal Homebrew on my Mac but when I cut and paste the manual's Page 22 instructions, I get a "No such file or directory" message. Can someone help? Thanks
IF you want to copy and paste the command do it from here: https://brew.sh/ PDF can place non-printable characters that can be probleamatic

Jul 26, 2018 at 5:56 AM Post #1,828 of 6,675
IF you want to copy and paste the command do it from here: https://brew.sh/ PDF can place non-printable characters that can be probleamatic
I copy and pasted from your link and now Terminal wants a password

Users who are viewing this thread

Back