Radsone EarStudio ES100
Jul 20, 2018 at 5:16 PM Post #1,741 of 6,675
XB10 REKT. with the app, and eq, anything is possible

I agree. I never was satisfied with my XB10 and therefore would not use it much.
Now I have this wonderfull ES100 I see it as being in a different league and for so much less money.
This confirms that much audiophile gear is underperforming compared to what is doable and yet way overpriced.

Jul 20, 2018 at 5:20 PM Post #1,742 of 6,675
Can't remember if it was in here or the Amiron thread but balanced the ES100 drives the Amiron with ease. Didn't even need to engage High Gain, though I did for fun and actually didn't notice a volume change which was a bit strange.

Jul 20, 2018 at 7:05 PM Post #1,745 of 6,675
How is the clip on the Earstudio? The one on my M0 fails to gravity, it's really frustrating.

Ive heard some people say it’s a little weak compared to what they would like, but fixed it with a small amount of hook / loop tape on the inside to increase to be friction.

Personally however, I haven’t had a problem!

Jul 20, 2018 at 9:39 PM Post #1,746 of 6,675
As a long time Apple fan, have never envied other Android devices.. But for 24bit high resolution music listening, seriously consider LDAC players or smartphones to be paired with es100
Find a used LG G6 and update it to Oreo and you will have a great transport over Ldac, clean flat sound output to the ES100. I still use my note 4 as my phone and just use the G6 for music with the ES100 and I get over 10 hours use from each of them.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2018 at 11:57 PM Post #1,748 of 6,675
Find a used LG G6 and update it to Oreo and you will have a great transport over Ldac, clean flat sound output to the ES100. I still use my note 4 as my phone and just use the G6 for music with the ES100 and I get over 10 hours use from each of them.
Thanks for letting me know about that. Checked Sony Walkmans, however used G6 can be more versatile device!

Jul 21, 2018 at 12:34 AM Post #1,750 of 6,675
Jul 21, 2018 at 12:54 AM Post #1,751 of 6,675
Thanks for letting me know about that. Checked Sony Walkmans, however used G6 can be more versatile device!
No problem, the G6 also has a great camera and a nice screen for a lcd. I still prefer the oled on my note 4 but the G6 sound output quality, codec options and battery life with bluetooth on kills the note 4.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2018 at 5:52 AM Post #1,753 of 6,675
How is the clip on the Earstudio? The one on my M0 fails to gravity, it's really frustrating.

Depends, ive had no issues with thin clothing like shirts etc, but I can imagine it will struggle with thicker material.

But the clip is one of the hardware improvement they can make with the next iteration, software-wise this thing is a beast.

Jul 21, 2018 at 8:50 AM Post #1,754 of 6,675
Ive heard some people say it’s a little weak compared to what they would like, but fixed it with a small amount of hook / loop tape on the inside to increase to be friction.

Personally however, I haven’t had a problem!

Thank you a million times for your post!
I added some old adhesive velcro I had lying around to the M0 clip, and had to keep cutting it smaller and smaller because the grip was too much.
Now it grips really well, the only thing is that it does seem to break some of my close. I used the rough side. I might run with the idea and put a piece of leather there instead.

Did you use the rough velcro size or the fuzzy side?

Jul 21, 2018 at 11:25 AM Post #1,755 of 6,675
Piece of rubber should work better.
Thank you a million times for your post!
I added some old adhesive velcro I had lying around to the M0 clip, and had to keep cutting it smaller and smaller because the grip was too much.
Now it grips really well, the only thing is that it does seem to break some of my close. I used the rough side. I might run with the idea and put a piece of leather there instead.

Did you use the rough velcro size or the fuzzy side?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back