radius website says HP-TWF21 is ready
Feb 3, 2011 at 5:32 PM Post #32 of 128
Poor Aztek, I always thought that car was a bit underrated...

Feb 3, 2011 at 5:32 PM Post #33 of 128
thing is.. this is potentially better than the W3 
biggrin.gif

Feb 3, 2011 at 6:01 PM Post #35 of 128
If I am seriously considering spending another $300 (urk) then other high-end dynamic drivers like the Sony EX-800ST - come into the picture as well. After trying the EX1000 (wasn't too impressed) I feel pretty confident in saying the Sony will be more comfortable and isolating especially for over the ear use. I also remember reading that Audio Technica were making a high-end dynamic model..

Feb 16, 2011 at 4:29 AM Post #37 of 128
can anyone confirm with confidence that the price will be $300-ish?

because my long-delayed purchase of the DT150 depends on this.

Dimitri from MA said he could not comment on that.

Feb 21, 2011 at 11:39 AM Post #39 of 128
Dimitri (Musica Acoustics) says he will be offering head-fi members a special discounted price of $250. But since the numbers under this offer will be limited, it will be available only against pre-order.

I already have too many IEMs, so I am on the fence. Thought I'll just put the word out in case anybody is interested.

Feb 22, 2011 at 3:58 PM Post #42 of 128
I have reason to believe that review samples will go out to the usual suspects soon, so it won't be long till we have more info.

Here's a capture from a TWF21 folder that Dimitri sent me:

Seems to me like fit will be less troublesome than with the TWF11. But from the pics I'm not so sure whether you can wear these over-ear. With the TWF11 you looked like Mickey Mouse, but at least you could.

And here's another capture comparing frequency response:

I can't decipher the text, but it looks as if the TWF21 will be a tad less bassy which isn't a bad thing IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back