Radius HP-TWF11r Review and Impressions thread
Sep 2, 2010 at 12:18 AM Post #691 of 864

Quote:

To sum it up: TWF21 has less bass quantity (not anemic though), more forward mids, more treble quantity, compared to TWF11 (the current DDM). The article also said that TWF21 has very good resolution/detail :)

They also look like something the Protoss designed. If you play computer games.

That actually sounds pretty neat. I'm assuming they are still dual driver.. I wonder what the driver sizes are now this time around?

Sep 2, 2010 at 12:31 AM Post #693 of 864
Well considering their shape they were probably made for zerg ears since it looks even more dumb than the current version. They sound great which is the unfortunate thing :p

Sep 2, 2010 at 12:35 AM Post #695 of 864
I'm not sure I like the look of the forthcoming new model over the current one at all. It still looks equally as blingy. Sigh.

Sep 2, 2010 at 12:37 AM Post #696 of 864

Quote:
Well considering their shape they were probably made for zerg ears since it looks even more dumb than the current version. They sound great which is the unfortunate thing :p

Maybe we just have to evolve to use them. :D

I think Radius seems to confuse ostentatious design for luxury design. Though, the actual design does look like it makes just a little more sense. They look like CKS70's, which fit a fair bit better than DDMs.

Sep 2, 2010 at 12:42 AM Post #697 of 864
Quote:
I'm not sure I like the look of the forthcoming new model over the current one at all. It still looks equally as blingy. Sigh.

x2. I think they really do over-designed the whole thing. They would do better to keep the current design and improve on the nozzle angle IMO.

Sep 2, 2010 at 1:08 AM Post #698 of 864

Quote:
The Radius is not Terrans-ears friendly :)

TWF21 is a dual-driver, but currently I get no information on the driver size.

I bet you its the same drivers thats in the 11's.  It appears they kept a great deal of the original design elements to reduce/maintain production costs.  I'd almost bet you Eric's left nut they are the same drivers (11mm on the woofer).  Which is sad to reduce the bass on an 11mm driver IMO.  I wouldn't want less than what it had.  Slight treble boost is welcome.

So who's planning to go to sleep w/ these things? 

Sep 2, 2010 at 1:42 AM Post #699 of 864
Well, I just heard that the new TWF21 won't come out till December, so that is still sometime for waiting. On other news, another more exciting IEM will come out probably in two~three weeks. I am not sure I could reveal it just yet but its predecessor, which is a top-tier itself, has been mentioned in this thread.

Sep 2, 2010 at 1:54 AM Post #702 of 864
I have a pretty good idea what it is :) Or rather it better be what it is since I've been waiting for it to come out for quite a long time now

Sep 2, 2010 at 2:30 AM Post #704 of 864
I googled around and it seems there is at least one place already puts up the info publically so I am no rise of breaching trust. Sorry to disappoint you all, it is the Ortofon e-Q5, and it will be cheaper then e-Q7 but said to have improved technology. It is still a single BA though, probably a moving armature as well.

Sep 2, 2010 at 2:48 AM Post #705 of 864

Quote:
I googled around and it seems there is at least one place already puts up the info publically so I am no rise of breaching trust. Sorry to disappoint you all, it is the Ortofon e-Q5, and it will be cheaper then e-Q7 but said to have improved technology. It is still a single BA though, probably a moving armature as well.

Improved technology but cheaper slotting below the EQ7 I guess.  So we are talking a DDM, DBA-02, EQ5 trio of giant killers or some such thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back