Jan 19, 2011 at 4:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Jabse

100+ Head-Fier
~$150 price range

1. Soundstage (good separation/spacious)/non-sibilant
2. Decent bass, able to go low/sub bass
3. isolation enough for bus rides
4. good fit, doesn't irritate/fall out

any other suggestions are welcome... please let me conclude and choose one to buy this thread!

Thanks!

Jan 19, 2011 at 7:57 PM Post #4 of 13
The MG7 Atrios for $179.00 deserves a look as it has some of the very best sub-bass in an in-ear monitor, fits well, isolation is good for the bus, totally non-sibilant but has good treble extension, and soundstage is quite good, too. 

The monster turbine pro gold might be another consideration, I only had a short time with it but with a good fit (poor fit leads to a congested sound) it sounded pretty nice.

Maybe a pair of Klipsch custom 3s if you don't mind the cable.

Jan 19, 2011 at 8:04 PM Post #5 of 13
consider the Munitio 9mm if you want awesome bass performance and smooth (non sibilant) highs.

http://munitio.com/

the isolation is awesome and they are very comfortable (three different tip sizes included).  Much smaller than many IEM's too which I find more comfortable (e.g. I tried some Shure E2C's which were much bulkier and more annoying to try and get a good fit).

I think the coupon code "vibrato" is still active also.... that should put it well under your budget.

Jan 19, 2011 at 8:19 PM Post #6 of 13
I don't find the IE7 or DDM to isolate quite as much as I'd like for public transport. Haven't heard the FX500 (only the FX700) or the new Atrios so I'd go with the Silver Bullets. 

Jan 20, 2011 at 8:19 AM Post #8 of 13
DDM is what I recommend  and is way worth its asking price and far superior to all other contenders in this price range.. contact Dimitri from MusicaAcoustics for best deal in Radius products.

Jan 20, 2011 at 6:48 PM Post #9 of 13

Quote:
I don't find the IE7 or DDM to isolate quite as much as I'd like for public transport. Haven't heard the FX500 (only the FX700) or the new Atrios so I'd go with the Silver Bullets. 

seriously? oh i think youd like the FX500

to the op, replied to your pm.  the M3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back