RAAL 1995 Immanis
Apr 16, 2024 at 8:25 PM Post #181 of 224
I also tried them at AXPONA. I sold my personal Susvara but was able to try the same track within a couple minutes of the Immanis and a demo Susvara at the event. I had no ability to volume match while I was there.

All I can say is Immanis sounded the most detailed out of everything I heard but I also had no control over anything so it wasn't a scientific test. Also, everyone at the show was listening way over 80db.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2024 at 8:30 PM Post #182 of 224
I also tried them at AXPONA. I sold my personal Susvara but was able to try the same track within a couple minutes of the Immanis at the event. I had no ability to volume match while I was there.

All I can say is Immanis sounded the most detailed out of everything I heard but I also had no control over anything so it wasn't a scientific test. Also, everyone at the show was listening way over 80db.

I also had to listen pretty loudly across everything. The noise factor was pretty rough, and that was even going first thing in the am. Still, similar to you, they stood out pretty easily regardless.

Apr 16, 2024 at 9:20 PM Post #183 of 224
for me the thing that stood out through all the noise and distraction at canjam regarding the Immanis for me was the soundstage was was easy to ascertain..

Apr 16, 2024 at 11:50 PM Post #184 of 224
I am very optimistic about ribbon tech now. It had more bite than planars and was just as ethereal as e-stats. The only thing at the show that I enjoyed nearly as much was the Corina and I have a feeling that was just because it was the more quiet when I demoed it.

Don't get me wrong, I heard a lot of cool stuff, but it was mostly stuff I could see as competitive alternatives to what I already own. Even ShangriLa was not a strict upgrade to what I am used to. Immanis really stood out for this reason, it is very clear. I wonder how much of the difference has to do with planar tech having the magnet array in the way. lol

Apr 17, 2024 at 12:06 AM Post #185 of 224
I am very optimistic about ribbon tech now. It had more bite than planars and was just as ethereal as e-stats. The only thing at the show that I enjoyed nearly as much was the Corina and I have a feeling that was just because it was the more quiet when I demoed it.

Don't get me wrong, I heard a lot of cool stuff, but it was mostly stuff I could see as competitive alternatives to what I already own. Even ShangriLa was not a strict upgrade to what I am used to. Immanis really stood out for this reason, it is very clear. I wonder how much of the difference has to do with planar tech having the magnet array in the way. lol
Ribbons are severely underappreciated. The speed of estats but without the stators in the way there's no interference in the sound path, they're just in open air. And they also have the excursion of a dynamic driver. Really the best of both worlds.

I use ribbon speakers as well, Magnepans, and they're stunning.

Apr 17, 2024 at 1:58 AM Post #186 of 224
The only thing at the show that I enjoyed nearly as much was the Corina
As I'm selling my Corina in order to get the Immanis I really hope it's still an upgrade.

I'm mainly selling to simplify the setup, everything besides the Corina can be driven by the Envy AE. I just hope there won't be sellers remorse down the line

Apr 17, 2024 at 7:03 PM Post #187 of 224
for me the thing that stood out through all the noise and distraction at canjam regarding the Immanis for me was the soundstage was was easy to ascertain..
Same. Even in just a few short minutes in show conditions it was apparent that Immanis in particular was the biggest, grandest, most extra sound I've ever heard a headphone make.

Apr 18, 2024 at 12:10 PM Post #188 of 224
Are the Immanis forward sounding in the 1000-2000Hz region? And will there be a need of EQ-ing for peolpe like me who are quite sensible to hotter mids?

Apr 18, 2024 at 5:38 PM Post #189 of 224
Are the Immanis forward sounding in the 1000-2000Hz region? And will there be a need of EQ-ing for peolpe like me who are quite sensible to hotter mids?
I don't remember it sounding mid forward, but it is honestly kind of hard to tell on a show floor. Besides detail it sounded big and aggressive. I'm sensitive to 900-1200ish and it did not seem excessive at my weak point.

Apr 18, 2024 at 6:16 PM Post #191 of 224
I’m sure others would disagree but for me, ‘Detailed BIG and aggressive’ is what I am looking for in the IMMANIS😊
Don't know about others, but I couldn't agree more!

Apr 18, 2024 at 8:01 PM Post #192 of 224
Maybe this has been covered previously, but I don't think I've seen it. Where exactly are Magna & Immanis available for [pre-]order with a deposit? And what exactly is the expected backorder time? Neither is shown on the Raal Requisite site, so I'm guessing the move to "Raal 1995" has something to do with that. If the deposit is refundable and the wait time is substantial, inquiring minds want to know where they might get in on this action. :wink:
Please contact me through the raalrequisite site. Email or telephone. Danny

Apr 23, 2024 at 12:28 AM Post #193 of 224
Apr 26, 2024 at 1:45 PM Post #195 of 224

Users who are viewing this thread

Back