RAAL 1995 Immanis
Apr 26, 2024 at 1:58 PM Post #196 of 240
610 g is not nothing for the cervical vertebrae for prolonged listening...No one felt this excess weight?
I share this concern with you.
I only wore them briefly at canjam, so take this with a grain of salt, but I did think they were very comfortable. In my opinion "heavy" headphones are no issue as long as the weight is well distributed, and I think this will be one of those. I might be in the minority here, but I actually prefer the heavier headphones. The light ones feel too fragile, and like they might just come off my head if I move too suddenly. Maybe this is why they are often so clampy.

Apr 26, 2024 at 4:50 PM Post #198 of 240
All of my hp are under 500 g to a hair over.

610 g has me seriously considering the Magna. No point in buying the amazing Immanis hp if they tweak my neck.
Given that I won't be able to afford the Immanis any time soon this will do in the meantime...

20240206_234625.jpg

😁

Now to build a high pass filter for the sr1b so they and the subs don't tread on each other's toes...
Hmm... Maybe this isn't a totally mad idea after all 🤔

Apr 26, 2024 at 5:45 PM Post #201 of 240
I get to the gym several days a week but I obviously need to focus more on the cervical spine!
Somehow Steve's neck on my 173 # body might be a bit much! :astonished:
Gotta make them gainz

Apr 28, 2024 at 6:22 PM Post #202 of 240
I only wore them briefly at canjam, so take this with a grain of salt, but I did think they were very comfortable. In my opinion "heavy" headphones are no issue as long as the weight is well distributed, and I think this will be one of those. I might be in the minority here, but I actually prefer the heavier headphones. The light ones feel too fragile, and like they might just come off my head if I move too suddenly. Maybe this is why they are often so clampy.
Exactly, the Caldera for example for me right now are obviously heavy in terms of its raw weight, but it's made so comfortable, I can easily do an all day wear, at least a work day and then some. What's another 50-100 grams gonna do if it's about the same in comfort?

Apr 29, 2024 at 4:22 AM Post #204 of 240
Apr 29, 2024 at 4:40 PM Post #205 of 240
As they said at the butcher’s “ Darfs auch etwas mehr sein?” But that was a hundred years ago and after military service(heavy steel helmets, my dear) and daily gym, I don’t get what some people are talking about? Irony off!

Apr 29, 2024 at 6:33 PM Post #207 of 240
I'd like to post some impressions on the Magna. There are three active threads for the Raal now, one is the announcement thread for Raal.

Any opinion on where I should post, or if someone can create a thread just for Magna? (Not sure if I have permissions to start a topic). The Magna absolutely deserves to be in Summit-Fi all on its own. But I also wonder if a moderator could not simply re-name the SRH1a thread to include all the ribbon models.

Feedback appreciated.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2024 at 6:58 PM Post #208 of 240
Here would be good as it's got impressions of both...

Apr 29, 2024 at 7:11 PM Post #209 of 240
I'd like to post some impressions on the Magna. There are three active threads for the Raal now, one is the announcement thread for Raal.

Any opinion on where I should post, or if someone can create a thread just for Magna? (Not sure if I have permissions to start a topic). The Magna absolutely deserves to be in Summit-Fi all on its own. But I also wonder if a moderator could not simply re-name the SRH1a thread to include all the ribbon models.

Feedback appreciated.

Share in both, here and in the main announcement thread :). Not everyone is frequenting both threads, I think it would be valuable in both threads. :) Probably makes sense to keep the impressions for the Immanis and Magna both in the same centralized threads for cross sharing, plus ribbons are still a niche offering for the most part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back