RAAL 1995 Immanis
Apr 9, 2024 at 6:00 AM Post #151 of 224
Tried Immanis at Canjam for several times (to make sure my ears don't deceive me lol). Also talked to some people there about their Immanis impression, and so far I think the impression is consistent.

For me Immanis is "super" transparent, clean sounding headphone, with extremely vivid imaging quality (and I heard basically all TOTLs out there). Surprisingly, Immanis provide musical and full body notes character. Vocal is the most important part for me in music, and I always feel other RAALs a bit too dry and thin, but not with Immanis. It deliver sweet, smooth and natural Vocal, while deliver "crazy" technicalities in term of detail, speed, and soundstage accuracy.

Even bigger surprise, Immanis sounds already pretty decent through Aune stacks (DAC, AMP, and Clocking) that "only" cost fraction of the Immanis itself. SAEQ Armageddon definitely deliver much more organic and expansive sound, but the fact that even Aune stacks can be enjoyable for Immanis is totally out of my expectation.

Apr 9, 2024 at 6:50 AM Post #152 of 224
Tried Immanis at Canjam for several times (to make sure my ears don't deceive me lol). Also talked to some people there about their Immanis impression, and so far I think the impression is consistent.

For me Immanis is "super" transparent, clean sounding headphone, with extremely vivid imaging quality (and I heard basically all TOTLs out there). Surprisingly, Immanis provide musical and full body notes character. Vocal is the most important part for me in music, and I always feel other RAALs a bit too dry and thin, but not with Immanis. It deliver sweet, smooth and natural Vocal, while deliver "crazy" technicalities in term of detail, speed, and soundstage accuracy.

Even bigger surprise, Immanis sounds already pretty decent through Aune stacks (DAC, AMP, and Clocking) that "only" cost fraction of the Immanis itself. SAEQ Armageddon definitely deliver much more organic and expansive sound, but the fact that even Aune stacks can be enjoyable for Immanis is totally out of my expectation.
Thanks for your thoughts, appreciated!

Apr 9, 2024 at 10:42 AM Post #153 of 224

Were you able to sort out any sub-bass or mid-bass impressions?
I'll be curious to see if the Immanis dethrones my Aperio.

Apr 9, 2024 at 2:12 PM Post #155 of 224
Were you able to sort out any sub-bass or mid-bass impressions?
I'll be curious to see if the Immanis dethrones my Aperio.
The best thing you can do is head over to the Raal 1995 Sponsor thread and search out the user @simorag. He is the first owner of Immanis and has given us some detailed insights into his early experiences with Immanis. The other user is @MokhaMark who had Magna and Immanis for a weekend after the NYC CanJam and has also shared his thoughts. You’ll get more from their postings than from the brief sessions one gets at a show. Interestingly one of the first comments made by @simorag was that Immanis was most like Aperio in terms of its signature, but of course Aperio is a system whilst Immanis is just a headphone. It would be good to ask @simorag how his Taiko Extreme/Lampizator Horizon/Riviera AIC-10/Immanis compares to the Aperio that he heard. Though there is a slight difference in total cost 🤭.

Apr 9, 2024 at 2:26 PM Post #156 of 224
The best thing you can do is head over to the Raal 1995 Sponsor thread and search out the user @simorag. He is the first owner of Immanis and has given us some detailed insights into his early experiences with Immanis. The other user is @MokhaMark who had Magna and Immanis for a weekend after the NYC CanJam and has also shared his thoughts. You’ll get more from their postings than from the brief sessions one gets at a show. Interestingly one of the first comments made by @simorag was that Immanis was most like Aperio in terms of its signature, but of course Aperio is a system whilst Immanis is just a headphone. It would be good to ask @simorag how his Taiko Extreme/Lampizator Horizon/Riviera AIC-10/Immanis compares to the Aperio that he heard. Though there is a slight difference in total cost 🤭.
I have compiled a bunch of people's impressions from several different threads just for my own sake to be able to get a general idea of what people thought of them without having to dig through a million different posts. I am new to headfi so I don't know if it would be kosher to do this, but I could repost it all here tagging those people if there is any interest in that. It is annoying that right now impressions are split between this thread, the sponsor thread, canjam nyc, canjam singapore, watercooler etc.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024 at 2:42 PM Post #157 of 224
I have compiled a bunch of people's impressions from several different threads just for my own sake to be able to get a general idea of what people thought of them without having to dig through a million different posts. I am new to headfi so I don't know if it would be kosher to do this, but I could repost it all here tagging those people if there is any interest in that. It is annoying that right now impressions are split between this thread, the sponsor thread, canjam nyc, canjam singapore, watercooler etc.
I'm sure that would be helpful. @simorag compiled several posts from the Singapore CJ on the Magna and Immanis thread (post #915) that I found very helpful.

Apr 9, 2024 at 3:31 PM Post #158 of 224

I confirm Aperio has the closest sound signature to Immanis from my experience. Very technical, unbelievably fast and resolving, yet still musical and complete

When I had my private audition of the Aperio (only 6 hours unfortunately) I tried them paired by an Aurender W20 SE server. On that basis I compared its internal DAC with the Playback Designs MPD-8. The W20 > MPD-8 > Aperio chain provided a superb blend of technical proficiency and emotional connection, second only to the Taiko Extreme > Rossini/Clock > HE 1 I had at home on loan, for my personal tastes.

The Immanis is very sensitive to the rest of the chain and I just had the proof of the extent of this after taking delivery of the Horizon, which has provided a profoundly transformative change to the sound of my system making it the absolute best I have heard so far in this house, with margin. So much so that I would need to revisit my prior assessment of the Immanis themselves at this point.

Without going in too much details I would say that both Aperio and Immanis benefit (for my preferences) from a well calibrated infusion of general warmth, bloom, midrange body and saturation, treble energy mitigation.

The tricky part will be to obtain this without sacrificing what makes them so special (resolution, speed, transparency, utter purity, frequency range estension etc.).

Once that is achieved, they both rightfully belong to the very top echelon of audio systems (not necessarily limited to headphones).

Apr 9, 2024 at 4:45 PM Post #160 of 224
I'm happy to see the Immanis may be close to the Aperio............ and at far less $$$ :upside_down:
It's not really far less if you include amp and DAC of similar quality.

Apr 9, 2024 at 4:48 PM Post #161 of 224
Yup, very true!
Thankfully, I own an amp that may work with the Immanis but I would need an amp for the Apereo.
I don't think that I would seriously consider the Raal hp if it didn't pair reasonably well with the Envy, lucky me!

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024 at 5:03 PM Post #162 of 224
I confirm Aperio has the closest sound signature to Immanis from my experience. Very technical, unbelievably fast and resolving, yet still musical and complete

When I had my private audition of the Aperio (only 6 hours unfortunately) I tried them paired by an Aurender W20 SE server. On that basis I compared its internal DAC with the Playback Designs MPD-8. The W20 > MPD-8 > Aperio chain provided a superb blend of technical proficiency and emotional connection, second only to the Taiko Extreme > Rossini/Clock > HE 1 I had at home on loan, for my personal tastes.

The Immanis is very sensitive to the rest of the chain and I just had the proof of the extent of this after taking delivery of the Horizon, which has provided a profoundly transformative change to the sound of my system making it the absolute best I have heard so far in this house, with margin. So much so that I would need to revisit my prior assessment of the Immanis themselves at this point.

Without going in too much details I would say that both Aperio and Immanis benefit (for my preferences) from a well calibrated infusion of general warmth, bloom, midrange body and saturation, treble energy mitigation.

The tricky part will be to obtain this without sacrificing what makes them so special (resolution, speed, transparency, utter purity, frequency range estension etc.).

Once that is achieved, they both rightfully belong to the very top echelon of audio systems (not necessarily limited to headphones).
I appreciate your elaboration.
I've spent some time reading your musings on the other thread, as well.
Sounds like I may hang on to the Aperio system, given the similarities.

If they're so close, I would rather take the lighter and more comfortable headphones, then.
Shaving off over 200g and adding tons of cushioning is a big plus for the Aperio.
I've worn mine for a number of eight-hour sessions without noticing them.

Great to see more competition in the market, at a lower price, though! Exciting times.

Apr 9, 2024 at 5:31 PM Post #163 of 224
Yup, very true!
Thankfully, I own an amp that may work with the Immanis but I would need an amp for the Apereo.
I don't think that I would seriously consider the Raal hp if it didn't pair reasonably well with the Envy, lucky me!
Not true, the Aperio is a complete system; it has amp, DAC and headphone.

Apr 9, 2024 at 6:05 PM Post #164 of 224
Some old HF acquaintances are here ... reading their comments/enthusiasms/expereinces and knowing more or less we've have the same tastes. This will be very interesting and might be the HP for me too. In time will save for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back