R5, a new Android DAP by Hiby
Oct 16, 2021 at 5:02 PM Post #4,066 of 4,421
Oooooh gold. Didn't know they made a gold version. Nice.
05_800x.jpg

Oct 17, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #4,067 of 4,421
Are they ever going to fix the USB DAC issues with the R5, it just has random stutterring when using it as a DAC on my Mac and via a Raspberry Pi very random as it will be fine for some songs then it wil start to do it doesn't seem to matter what sample rate or bit depth is. Tried all combinations of delays with software I am using which is Roon and nothing changes this behaviour. @Joe Bloggs care to comment, can you raise this with support.

Oct 18, 2021 at 6:21 AM Post #4,068 of 4,421
Are they ever going to fix the USB DAC issues with the R5, it just has random stutterring when using it as a DAC on my Mac and via a Raspberry Pi very random as it will be fine for some songs then it wil start to do it doesn't seem to matter what sample rate or bit depth is. Tried all combinations of delays with software I am using which is Roon and nothing changes this behaviour. @Joe Bloggs care to comment, can you raise this with support.
This has been done

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 23, 2021 at 11:29 AM Post #4,072 of 4,421
Is anyone else facing this weird issue on Hiby R5 Saber? While trying to stream tidal via USB Audio Player, the playback seems to pause on its own after I turn off the device display.
I tried disabling the battery optimization feature for the USB Audio Player thinking that the app is probably being killed in the background but that did not fix my issue. Any advise on this topic would be really appreciated, thanks.

Oct 23, 2021 at 11:39 AM Post #4,073 of 4,421
I have an issue with Tidal while using the R5S. Not sure if it's specific to the R5S or Tidal but in the first few seconds of each song I'm getting what sounds like white noise. A very subtle crackling for about a second or two at the begging of each song.

Anyone else had this issue? While using Amazon HD this issue doesn't exist so I'm assuming it's either Tidal, the R5S or both.

Thanks

Oct 23, 2021 at 12:08 PM Post #4,074 of 4,421
I have an issue with Tidal while using the R5S. Not sure if it's specific to the R5S or Tidal but in the first few seconds of each song I'm getting what sounds like white noise. A very subtle crackling for about a second or two at the begging of each song.

Anyone else had this issue? While using Amazon HD this issue doesn't exist so I'm assuming it's either Tidal, the R5S or both.

Thanks

Yes, I have noticed this. It has been explained previously as having to do with bitrate changes between songs, especially for MQA. Apparently the player has to play a second or so of the file to determine the proper format to switch to. Try playing an album where all tracks are the same format and see if it continues between songs.

See this post:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/r5-a-new-android-dap-by-hiby.912566/page-147#post-15610086

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2021 at 12:13 PM Post #4,075 of 4,421
Yes, I have noticed this. It has been explained previously as having to do with bitrate changes between songs, especially for MQA. Apparently the player has to play a second or so of the file to determine the proper format to switch to. Try playing an album where all tracks are the same format and see if it continues between songs.

See this post:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/r5-a-new-android-dap-by-hiby.912566/page-147#post-15610086
Thank you sir 👍 that makes compete sense. I'll give it a shot.

Oct 23, 2021 at 1:19 PM Post #4,076 of 4,421
Is anyone else facing this weird issue on Hiby R5 Saber? While trying to stream tidal via USB Audio Player, the playback seems to pause on its own after I turn off the device display.
I tried disabling the battery optimization feature for the USB Audio Player thinking that the app is probably being killed in the background but that did not fix my issue. Any advise on this topic would be really appreciated, thanks.

I guess for a data point, I do not have this issue on my R5 original. I have had problems with wifi drops from time to time, though. I just got a new router (for other reasons) and it seems to have improved considerably.

Oct 23, 2021 at 1:43 PM Post #4,077 of 4,421
I guess for a data point, I do not have this issue on my R5 original. I have had problems with wifi drops from time to time, though. I just got a new router (for other reasons) and it seems to have improved considerably.
I have the same issue with my Hiby and it dropping the connection. I'm gonna test it but I'm pretty sure it's only with Tidal. I don't remember it ever dropping while using Amazon IF my memory serves me well.

Oct 25, 2021 at 3:00 PM Post #4,078 of 4,421
I'm getting a no command error after every 10 or so times I turn on my Hiby R5s. I've done factory rests and cleared the cache partition etc but nothing seems to work. (I was hoping the latest firmware update might clear the problem.) Does anyone else have this issue?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2021 at 3:14 PM Post #4,079 of 4,421
I'm getting a no command error after every 10 or so times I turn on my Hiby R5s. I've done factory rests and cleared the cache partition etc but nothing seems to work. (I was hoping the latest firmware update might clear the problem.) Does anyone else have this issue?

Sounds like it is booting to recovery mode. Make sure you are not pressing "volume up" during power on as "power" + "volume up" boots to recovery. It's easy to do if you are pressing on both sides.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back