R5, a new Android DAP by Hiby
Nov 17, 2019 at 5:16 AM Post #1,321 of 4,421
@Joe Bloggs whenever some apps try to play something that has sample rate of 192k or above then you get just static. Why is that?
Isn't DTA supposed to make any app work?
What apps are those?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 17, 2019 at 5:20 AM Post #1,322 of 4,421
I have gapless on and both on line out and with headphones or IEM's gapless has never worked- there's always an appx 1 second gap between songs. I listened to 2 live recordings on the way to work and neither played properly. Of course it doesn't bother me but I'm certain it will other folks.

1 second gap between songs seems a bit excessive. Are you sure that track transitions are set to gapless and that the tracks themselves are gapless? If so can you provide two sample tracks for me to test too?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 19, 2019 at 7:31 AM Post #1,326 of 4,421
I just picked up the Hiby R5 and I am experiencing the battery drain issues that was reported in the past. I granted all permissions for Google Play Services and Google Play Store. I also cleared the App Data for both apps as the first step did not work. Both these steps have not corrected the issue. The blue led light is constantly blinking. The installed apps that I have are as follows:

Amazon Music
Google Chrome
Google Music

Is there a description of what the different led lights mean on the device? I only see a brief description of the lights in the booklet that was shipped with the unit. This is my first Hiby product and I really want to like the device, but if I can not fix this issue, it will be a deal breaker for me.

- Garrett

Nov 19, 2019 at 7:37 AM Post #1,327 of 4,421
I just picked up the Hiby R5 and I am experiencing the battery drain issues that was reported in the past. I granted all permissions for Google Play Services and Google Play Store. I also cleared the App Data for both apps as the first step did not work. Both these steps have not corrected the issue. The blue led light is constantly blinking. The installed apps that I have are as follows:

Amazon Music
Google Chrome
Google Music

Is there a description of what the different led lights mean on the device? I only see a brief description of the lights in the booklet that was shipped with the unit. This is my first Hiby product and I really want to like the device, but if I can not fix this issue, it will be a deal breaker for me.

- Garrett

First thing to do connect to WiFi and into system then check OTA software update should be 1.62G that helps regarding battery drain

Nov 19, 2019 at 7:42 AM Post #1,328 of 4,421
First thing to do connect to WiFi and into system then check OTA software update should be 1.62G that helps regarding battery drain

That was the first thing I did. I had several firmware updates and now on the current version. I am performing a factory reset to see if that will correct my issue. Will post back shortly with my findings.

- Garrett

Nov 19, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #1,329 of 4,421
Just wanted to post an update. I ended up doing a factory reset. Before I logged into my google account, I made sure that the permissions were all on for Google Play Services and Google Play Store. I then proceeded to download the few apps I had one at a time and tested to make sure that the device would go to sleep and there were no battery drain issues. So far everything looks good. I looks like a factory reset was needed.

- Garrett

Nov 22, 2019 at 10:42 AM Post #1,333 of 4,421
Just updated to the latest firmware. I noticed from last night after charging the unit to 100% that I lost 12% battery over night when not in use. As I was grabbing it from my home office to update the firmware, i noticed that the led light was solid blue. Upon turning it on, it showed battery level at 88% from 100% when last used. Not sure what was causing the battery drain. Another thing I noticed, when charging the unit, i noticed that sometime it does not charge to 100%. Or should I say it appears not to charge to 100%. It will stay at like 98% for hours on end and only when unplugging and replugging the usb cable in, will it jump to 99% then to 100% after a short time. Has anyone else noticed this as well?

- Garrett

Nov 22, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #1,334 of 4,421
Thanks to all at Hiby for this great update! A game-changer for sure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back