Quick question... V-Moda Cross LP for $100 or Audio-Technica ATH-M50 fro $160?
Jan 9, 2012 at 7:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

td4abb

New Head-Fier
Looking to pick up a set of Around Ear for under $200.  I like cans to have a good bump in bass, but not overkill ("Dre's").  I am very interested in comfort this time around.  [If Bose AEs sounded good, they would be my choice].  What would be some opinions on this question:  V-Moda Cross LP for $100 or Audio-Technica ATH-M50 fro $160?..or other option? 

Thanks in advance for your expertise.

Jan 9, 2012 at 9:06 PM Post #2 of 3
Not sure about the V-Moda model, but the ATH-M50 is good for your budget.  The sound signature is balanced and they're comfortable, though they can get a little uncomfortable in a really hot environment.  The bass is well-controlled and not overpowering, mids are clear and highs are extended.  If you're looking for more bass there's also the Beyerdynamic DT 770.  They're very comfortable and have a strong, well-controlled bass response.  This leaves the mids a bit lacking in clarity but still pretty accurate and the highs are extended.  The soundstage is especially large for a closed-back headphone.  You'd be best advised to look into an amp for either one.

Jan 9, 2012 at 9:17 PM Post #3 of 3
The V-Moda works better with common genres, but doesn't quite match the detail of the M50. However, at $160 the M50 is overpriced (it used to be listed at around $120) and also doesn't have the same quantity of bass.

Sincerely,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back