*Quick Help* Need help choosing headphones for Hip Hop Music and Techno/Dance/Elektro???
Aug 28, 2010 at 2:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

HandsomeRob

Head-Fier
I work graveyard at an Airport in Los Angeles and my Ipod earbuds are horrible.
Everyone tells me once i get a set of Cans and a portable Amp i will never go back.
I was thinking about getting the AD700's but Im looking for good bass too.
Is the Altoid CmoyBB amp any good?
Thanks for any help

Aug 28, 2010 at 3:26 AM Post #2 of 5
Don't you think that an amp & big cans are a bit bulky at work? That amplification issue gets waaay overrated here anyway...I suggest keeping your pod thing and coupling it with better InEars or good buds (Yuin or alike), depending from if you want isolation or not.

Aug 28, 2010 at 3:37 AM Post #3 of 5
size doesnt matter i sit on a chair for 8 hours. I marshall out aircraft and fuel the airlines but on my shift im pretty much a security guard  lol
not one plane flies here at night
I want cans and a portable amp. Im looking at the RSA Hornet and Tomahawk for the amp and the AD700's or Beyers for cans? What yall think?

Aug 28, 2010 at 3:47 AM Post #4 of 5
For those genre's, I would recommend something more like Ultrasone, or possibly Denon. AD700 are pretty bad with those genre's imho. No NEED for a portable amp unless you are going to get a Beyer 770/880/990 and the alike. Ultrasone don't need an amp tbh. They benifit from it, yes, but ime the ALO-780 I owned didn't really need one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back