Questyle QP1
Dec 13, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #3,976 of 4,272
Some peeps have had difficulty running the upgrades but that seems to be system dependent. Not the card or whatever hardware you use. Here's hoping you, like most of us, will have no issues.

Haven't followed that issue but I very strongly suspect the card either has hidden files, the file not unzipped accurately/at all or is not properly formatted to FAT32.

Dec 13, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #3,978 of 4,272
  My QP1R time after time skips tracks refusing to play them on shuffle mode. When I play these tracks via Artist category there are no playback issues. Has anybody experienced the same problem? Is there a solution?

If you are using a Mac, hidden files would definitely be a suspect. The Mac OS creates hidden files by default and only become visible when used on a non Mac OS. If this applies, Google removing Mac hidden files. There are also utilities that can be used.

Dec 13, 2016 at 12:48 PM Post #3,979 of 4,272

If you are using a Mac, hidden files would definitely be a suspect. The Mac OS creates hidden files by default and only become visible when used on a non Mac OS. If this applies, Google removing Mac hidden files. There are also utilities that can be used.

Yes, I'm a Mac user. The hidden files problem is familiar to in relation with my wife's Fiio X5 II and so far the utility called Eject for Windows has always helped (though I had no such issues with AK100 Mk2 and DX80). I also used Eject for Windows with the QP1R to get it working, however probably the problem is not completely solved. Could you please suggest some another utilities?

Dec 13, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #3,981 of 4,272

Yes, I'm a Mac user. The hidden files problem is familiar to in relation with my wife's Fiio X5 II and so far the utility called Eject for Windows has always helped (though I had no such issues with AK100 Mk2 and DX80). I also used Eject for Windows with the QP1R to get it working, however probably the problem is not completely solved. Could you please suggest some another utilities?

I use an app called BlueHarvest. It's not free ($15.00) but in the long run, it was worth it for me. When I first got into the DAP hobby, I spent many hours troubleshooting file problems that turned out to be caused by Mac's hidden directory files. It has a 30 day full version trial period, so there's no risk. Good Luck! 

BTW, BlueHarvest support is excellent.

Dec 15, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #3,982 of 4,272

I use an app called BlueHarvest. It's not free ($15.00) but in the long run, it was worth it for me. When I first got into the DAP hobby, I spent many hours troubleshooting file problems that turned out to be caused by Mac's hidden directory files. It has a 30 day full version trial period, so there's no risk. Good Luck! 

BTW, BlueHarvest support is excellent.

Thanks for your advice and sorry for my late response. I tried both Eject for Windows and BlueHarvest, but unfortunately the problem persists. Probably it means that this issue has nothing to do with hidden files.

Feb 6, 2017 at 7:36 PM Post #3,984 of 4,272
I read somewhere about QP1R newest batch and something about its better quality in sound. Did something change in the newest batch? Can't find much information about it. I already like the existing QP1R which own and quite intrigued to find out if anything change in the newest batch

Feb 7, 2017 at 4:43 AM Post #3,985 of 4,272
I read somewhere about QP1R newest batch and something about its better quality in sound. Did something change in the newest batch? Can't find much information about it. I already like the existing QP1R which own and quite intrigued to find out if anything change in the newest batch

Latest batch of the QP1R features a new and revised wheel. Turning is much easier and a lot easier to get a grip on the wheel, no wheel skin needed. Besides the wheel a few internal components were improved but the sound remains largely unchanged from the previous model at least that was the intention. Haven't had a chance to A/B it very much with the new batch and the older models but the changes in this batch was to largely improve the existing wheel as that seemed to be the biggest thing we received feedback on.

The QP1R now has been increased in price by $100 to reflect the changes made. Existing QP1R users I had test out the new and old batch said it is remarkably similar. The wheel skin still works remarkably well from the feedback I have been getting but I do understand they do fall off and those who would like a new wheel skin just shoot me a pm and I can send some out.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Feb 7, 2017 at 4:54 AM Post #3,986 of 4,272
  Latest batch of the QP1R features a new and revised wheel. Turning is much easier and a lot easier to get a grip on the wheel, no wheel skin needed. Besides the wheel a few internal components were improved but the sound remains largely unchanged from the previous model at least that was the intention. Haven't had a chance to A/B it very much with the new batch and the older models but the changes in this batch was to largely improve the existing wheel as that seemed to be the biggest thing we received feedback on.

The QP1R now has been increased in price by $100 to reflect the changes made. Existing QP1R users I had test out the new and old batch said it is remarkably similar. The wheel skin still works remarkably well from the feedback I have been getting but I do understand they do fall off and those who would like a new wheel skin just shoot me a pm and I can send some out.

Actually there is an increase in sound quality in the revised version. The noise floor is lower than the earlier version.

Feb 7, 2017 at 3:24 PM Post #3,987 of 4,272

Is the appearance precisely the same?  What change was made to the wheel?  For example, are you using a different metal?

I bought one of the "old batch" at the end of last year and affixed the film over the wheel.  The traction is excellent and it doesn't appear tol be coming off any time soon.

Feb 7, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #3,988 of 4,272

What kind of internal changes were made?  Any possibility of a components' upgrade, for a reasonable fee?  I understand change is a major part of electronics, but if the change is in fact major, would present owners be able to request the internal modifications?

Feb 7, 2017 at 6:56 PM Post #3,989 of 4,272
Actually there is an increase in sound quality in the revised version. The noise floor is lower than the earlier version.

Interesting, I hadn't even thought to check that lately. I'll whip out some of my iems I usually use to test hiss and see.

Is the appearance precisely the same?  What change was made to the wheel?  For example, are you using a different metal?

I bought one of the "old batch" at the end of last year and affixed the film over the wheel.  The traction is excellent and it doesn't appear tol be coming off any time soon.

Yup slight change in the metal. Both the middle button and wheel have a sort of glossy glass appearance and look to it now and that is an indication if it is a new batch model. I can try to get picture if it.

What kind of internal changes were made?  Any possibility of a components' upgrade, for a reasonable fee?  I understand change is a major part of electronics, but if the change is in fact major, would present owners be able to request the internal modifications?

From what I've been explained about the internal changes is besides the wheel change is that some better internal components were used. I only heard about it briefly and it was explained to me that it did not change sound quality but if it does indeed lower the noise floor I would like to try this out and check to confirm.

There was some talk amongst ourselves to see if it is possible to upgrade existing owners. The team is looking into to see if it is possible to. Otherwise another option would possibly be a trade in program to upgrade but this option may be cost prohibitive. Other options are also being considered but those were some ideas we have been playing around with currently.

Self admittedly suddenly upgrading every qp1r out there sound like a logistically nightmare and could push back the launches of cool and shiny things this year but we will see.

Been playing a lot of catch up today and probably this week but I finally have an actual chance to sit down and not worry about traveling for a a show at least for a few days. I can keep up to date with what I hear but if I slip up just shoot me up an @netforce in a thread or shoot me a pm as I get a little email about those. Roll out of a possible upgrade path may take a bit to coordinate and organize but rest assured that we are discussing it.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Feb 7, 2017 at 8:33 PM Post #3,990 of 4,272
Yup slight change in the metal. Both the middle button and wheel have a sort of glossy glass appearance and look to it now and that is an indication if it is a new batch model. I can try to get picture if it.

That would be appreciated.  The Questyle website obviously still displays the previous version, so I'm curious how visually discernible the difference is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back