Questyle QP1
Feb 8, 2016 at 7:40 PM Post #3,361 of 4,272
  You can edit compressed FLACs with MP3Tag too. I do it all the time with my level 5 FLAC files.

No, no. Sorry that's not what I meant to say. I was meaning that I was unsure if AIFF allows the same or superior tag/metadata to FLACs. All my lossless are in FLACs so I know that I can edit them in MP3Tag.

Feb 8, 2016 at 10:11 PM Post #3,362 of 4,272

So what you are essentially saying is that the computation overhead is extremely minimal for decoding as the file already contains the algorithms that are needed to "unpack" the compressed container? The only question I have is, does the CPU within the QP1R able to quickly decode the data stream of high-compressed FLACs? If it can then there is technically no point to have the files as AIFF since there is no performance hit by using high-compression FLACs. Unless if battery life suffers noticeably for that compression. In the meantime, I have turned my FLACs to uncompressed FLACs so I can keep good metadata and can edit it via MP3Tag. 

You can edit compressed FLACs with MP3Tag too. I do it all the time with my level 5 FLAC files.

I rip with DBP to level 8 compression, tag them with MP3 tagging program, and there's no problem playing them with the QP1R.  No stutters or anything.  My cards are full, and if I can save even a few MB of room, I will.

Feb 8, 2016 at 10:47 PM Post #3,363 of 4,272
So what you are essentially saying is that the computation overhead is extremely minimal for decoding as the file already contains the algorithms that are needed to "unpack" the compressed container? The only question I have is, does the CPU within the QP1R able to quickly decode the data stream of high-compressed FLACs? If it can then there is technically no point to have the files as AIFF since there is no performance hit by using high-compression FLACs. Unless if battery life suffers noticeably for that compression. In the meantime, I have turned my FLACs to uncompressed FLACs so I can keep good metadata and can edit it via MP3Tag. 

No, I was referring to the decoding speed between flac compression of different levels. (i.e between flac level 0 and 8)

Feb 9, 2016 at 7:52 AM Post #3,364 of 4,272

I'm digging the black questyle case with the gold qp1r!! and thanks to moon audio for the prompt delivery!

Feb 10, 2016 at 5:41 PM Post #3,368 of 4,272
  And does anybody in the UK be able to recommend a micro cable that I can get from Amazon or something? Most of my cables can't fit the charging port which poses a problem.

For us US folks I got a USB cable from Best Buy for $2 from their cardboard bargain bin and was delighted to find it fits my QP1. 
biggrin.gif

Feb 12, 2016 at 10:47 PM Post #3,370 of 4,272
Right angle or straight Jack for the QP1R in the Questyle case? Which is recommended?

Feb 13, 2016 at 1:01 AM Post #3,371 of 4,272
Feb 13, 2016 at 3:54 AM Post #3,372 of 4,272
Right angle or straight Jack for the QP1R in the Questyle case? Which is recommended?

Depends on how and where you store your QP1R. Both work equally as well. Personally, I use a straight 3.5mm jack.

If its worth anything to you guys, I have been looking at different DAP forums and I found the use of carbon fiber for the backplate of the AK240 pretty cool. Therefore, I have decided to purchase carbon fiber veneer to custom cut my own with some shears. The sheet I purchased is real twill weave carbon fiber, so I hope it will be up to my standards. Anyways, for those guys who are interested in my project, I hope I get some free time when it arrives so I can cut and apply it on my QP1R. Afterwards, I'll post some tasty photos if I can get a decent cut.

Feb 13, 2016 at 6:04 AM Post #3,373 of 4,272

I personally found my right angle jacks to not be ideal for the QP1R. But I'm quite picky about the details I would love if my jack could be completely parallel to the QP1R but it's not the case for those with my custom made cables. Factory made cables for IEMs or headphones tend to have a smaller jack so I think that should work fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back